Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5592

I was discussing this with a coworker a few days ago. He is into the whole racing thing with his Evo, he adds a bunch of after market parts to his engine, takes out useless things, adds stuff to give his Evo more boost and so on. He is also in some NJ based Evo club. In any case he's one of those car elitist who hates everyone that decides to add cosmetic enhancements to their car rather then performance based ones.

Within the little club they call everyone ho adds things like nice rims to their car rather then after market engine stuff a ricer. Now bear with me here.

Am I the only person here who doesn't at all car about extra car performance and instead cares about the looks of their cars?

I mean I see Hondas on the road all the time and some idiots think putting holes in their bumpers make them go faster by reducing air drag, it doesn't and makes the car look ugly. At the same time I've seen people put a bunch of new after market engine parts in put still have stock rims on their cars.

Really now if you have a new stock Evo, or some other sports car would you really care to add X amount of engine mods or weight reduction bullshit or would you prefer to have a car that looked nice with some aftermarket rims and other things? Really how fast can you possibly go or would want to go? Is wrapping yourself around a pole really that important?

I, for one, prefer to make my car look better on the outside before I try to make it go X amount faster. Agree or disagree?

Last edited by Macbeth (2009-08-16 17:51:47)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

should balance it out

for everyone thing you do to the engine ........ you have to do to the looks
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
VicktorVauhn
+319|6399|Southern California
When people buy sporty cars to do cosmetic mods its just stupid. Beyond that most cosmetic mods look cool because they make the car look more racey.

If you don't care about performance and improving the driving, OK. If you just want to make your car "cool" OK... But when you do that by adding parts to make it look like a race car, or adding shitty wet layup carbon fiber at four times the price and 80% of the weight of fiber glass your a fag. Your trying to make your car look like something its not. Carbon fiber is "cool" because so many sick fucking cars use it for a purpose. When you just want it because you want to be associated with that look, but don't actually need that purpose you deserve to be made fun of. 

On top of that, I get kinda annoyed by people who just want to decorate there car. I can't help but feel they aren't even into cars, its just the easist way to buy cool.They aren't into cars for the car, they are into it as a way to look cool and flashy.

Adding performace does not mean your going to wrap your car around a pole. You can drive safely on the street while still having the car more fun to drive because of the mods. If you make the car perform better, and make it lighter you make also make the safe speed you can drive it at faster.

On top of that some of us actually race our cars legitimately.

On top of all of that, cars are for driving... You can't even see your rims, performance parts make a car more fun to drive, cosmetics do not. Again, cars are for driving, if you just want to play dress up go buy a new purse.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2009-08-16 19:24:59)

jaymz9350
+54|6584
Well if I had say only $2000 to upgrade my car it would definitely to to the drive train and or suspension long before anything just for looks.

and this

VicktorVauhn wrote:

On top of all of that, cars are for driving... You can't even see your rims, performance parts make a car more fun to drive, cosmetics do not. Again, cars are for driving, if you just want to play dress up go buy a new purse.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6629|Little Bentcock
Guys who buy shitty cars and shove shit tonnes of bodykit and rims are always the biggest faggot wannabes I know.

My plan is to get a STi or something, totally stock and mod the fuck outa the engine and just drive along waiting for some fag in a supra or a "OmG NeEd FoR sPeEd EvO" and blitz them because they wasted all their hard earned cash on trying to get layed with a pretty car.

If you have to spend money to get laid go find a hooker.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5988|Toronto
I use a 1993 Audi CS90q for my fun driving...it's not exactly pretty, but it does the job nicely.

Looks are secondary to function in a car. A performing car, that is. I don't see the point of modding a Civic or Cavalier or equivalent POSes. No matter what you do, the car will still be crap. Say you buy a 2003 Civic for 7 grand, add a ricepipe (300) and rims (1500), tint the windows (150), maybe a tacky bodykit (500) and paint your drum brakes (50--I can't stop laughing at that), get some stupid eurostyle lights (200). Oh, and add a stereo, too (2000). You've spent what, 12-13 grand total, your car isn't any faster, nor does it look particularly attractive. For that money, you could have bought a Porsche 944 in decent condition. It's faster, more classy and the seats are more comfy. But it doesn't mecessarily look "cool" to most ricers.

Again, now say you've got two possible ways of upgrading said 944. You've got 5 grand.

a) rims, red tires, bodykit, racing stripes, stereo, ricepipe, lights, tint.

b)  redo intake, exhaust, headers, intercooler, suspension, brakes.

I myself would go for b). I'm the guy who drives the car to drive it, not to impress other people with its looks. I'm not that insecure as to have to visually impress at first glance. I don't see myself accomplishing anything by having some twelve-year-old saying, dude, nice xenon lights.

However, if I've made the driving is more fun, or if it can corner that much better, then I will have succeeded. That's my philosophy. I don't care all that much how the car looks (heck, I do all my paint and bodywork myself, and when I first did the Audi at age 16 it looked like crap), so long as it performs. Besides, I prefer driving on deserted roads in the forest at night, so it's not like anyone could see the car anyways.
I like pie.
nlsme1
+32|5424

Adams_BJ wrote:

Guys who buy shitty cars and shove shit tonnes of bodykit and rims are always the biggest faggot wannabes I know.

My plan is to get a STi or something, totally stock and mod the fuck outa the engine and just drive along waiting for some fag in a supra or a "OmG NeEd FoR sPeEd EvO" and blitz them because they wasted all their hard earned cash on trying to get layed with a pretty car.

If you have to spend money to get laid go find a hooker.
Says the guy who wants a a compact car that costs 30k?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
I've always been a person that values performance over looks. You gotta make sure everything inside is upto scratch before you think about doing the outside, even then, the outside would be more for function than looks. To warrant the need for custom spoilers and all that shit, you'll need something decent under the bonnet first.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-08-17 06:20:06)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6507|so randum
Balance it out. Example, my mate ste did some work to the engine on his focus, then replaced the stock alloys with antracite (sp?) ones. So now it sounds a bit meaner, and looks a bit meaner too.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

Rims are about as far as I'll go with cosmetics. Ride is much more important than looks.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5757|شمال
I go for the beast inside, angel outside. A lot of fun driving around in a car like that.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5555|paris

SEREMAKER wrote:

For every thing you do to the engine ........ you have to do to the looks
This.
Christbane
+51|6242
since I own a body shop I have no problem letting some moron pay me to stick a bunch of shit fiberglass body kit parts to their under powerd honda.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6827
who gives a shit if your car is 0.08 seconds faster or can pull an addition 0.01g on a corner.

wannabe racecar drivers are funny as fuck. you aren't a racer and you don't have a race car. so you can peel out of the green light ahead of all the minivans and old women. i bet your pen0r is huge.

driving is about fun. i have more fun when my car looks awesome and impresses all the jailbait scene whores. i am not interested in racing and could give two shits about performance.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6163|Vancouver | Canada

Krappyappy wrote:

who gives a shit if your car is 0.08 seconds faster or can pull an addition 0.01g on a corner.

wannabe racecar drivers are funny as fuck. you aren't a racer and you don't have a race car. so you can peel out of the green light ahead of all the minivans and old women. i bet your pen0r is huge.

driving is about fun. i have more fun when my car looks awesome and impresses all the jailbait scene whores. i am not interested in racing and could give two shits about performance.
On the other hand, shallow idiots are just as funny as wanabe racecar drivers.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

Adams_BJ wrote:

My plan is to get a STi or something.
!

Nah but in all seriousness, VicktorVauhn is bang on.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
SealXo
+309|6543
my grandpa has a  760hpTT C5 that is completely bone stock on the outside except for 3 piece LPE rims and 8 piston brembos

Its the shit

1)have ricer pull up next to you in evo
2)look scared at light
3)???????
4)PROFIT

their face after you are at 60 in 3 seconds- priceless.

Last edited by SealXo (2009-08-17 13:55:00)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

Using Mastercard ads in posts stopped being funny about 4 years ago.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

ghettoperson wrote:

Using Mastercard ads in posts was never funny
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

Or that.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6584|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
I'd rather have a sleeper than a "Look at me! I am a huge douche and have every police force pulling me over at least once a day"
VicktorVauhn

Krappyappy wrote:

It doesn't take peeling out at green light to enjoy work done to make the car better.

Talk about "ohh huge penor", how about the guy who has to drop money into a car to impress jailbait?

In all honesty I see a lot more kids with dumb body kits and expensive rims with shitty tires peeling out and acting like douches then people with some subtle mods.

If you were a good drive you could appreciate work that makes the car drive better.

TSI, I am with you on everything other then the fact that done right civics (especially older ones) can be fast as fuck. There are so many damn cheap parts out there for them. A lot of those parts are crap, but there is still a large market of good parts out there for reasonable prices too.
Though they come set up for old people and average drivers with some tweaks they can be very good. They are lighter then the porsche by a good bit, and have nice LSA suspension on all corners rather then the 944's bulky semi trailing arms and torsion bars.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6674

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Talk about "ohh huge penor", how about the guy who has to drop money into a car to impress jailbait.
Pfft.  Get off your high horse.  If a hot girl (non-professional one) comes up to your car at a stop, bends over to your window, and says "nice car", like you wouldn't offer a ride.  If one has the means, hell yeah.  I'm referring to stock sports-luxury cars, not ricers, though...  Damn, I miss my youth.
VicktorVauhn

Ilocano wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Talk about "ohh huge penor", how about the guy who has to drop money into a car to impress jailbait.
Pfft.  Get off your high horse.  If a hot girl (non-professional one) comes up to your car at a stop, bends over to your window, and says "nice car", like you wouldn't offer a ride.  If one has the means, hell yeah.  I'm referring to stock sports-luxury cars, not ricers, though...  Damn, I miss my youth.
There is a difference between that, and going out of your way to dump money into fancying your car up for the point of trying to get peoples attention.

If people like what I am doing its one thing, but its completely different when I am only doing it because people like it.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6266|B.C. Canada
Only thing I would really do is beef up the engine a bit, add an exhaust system then go for the looks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard