FloppY_
­
+1,010|6450|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

OmniDeath wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

No.

The DLCs don't really install so much as they are activated from within the folder they're placed, so it doesn't matter when you patch. Also, the game worked fine until I tried to run another unofficial mod. And it was only one mod, so there were no possible conflicts. It was a mod that worked previously and doesn't altered any items or world space.

Hence my frustration.
Fallout3 Mod Manager > ???

Tbh using mods without a manager is just asking for crashes that are only fix'able with re-install...
Yes, I'm using mod manager.
Then I don't think the mod caused it, the mod-manager only "loads" the mods ontop afaik, it doesn't replace files in your datafolder...

Have you tried a pre-mod save?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
OmniDeath
~
+726|6808

FloppY_ wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Fallout3 Mod Manager > ???

Tbh using mods without a manager is just asking for crashes that are only fix'able with re-install...
Then I don't think the mod caused it, the mod-manager only "loads" the mods ontop afaik, it doesn't replace files in your datafolder...

The game runs fine as soon as I unload the mod (and I've tested a few others, it seems to happen with any mod that requires an .esp/.esm file. Texture replacing mods function normally).

The game only crashes when a mod is loaded. I've heard of similar problems after patch 1.5 but most people seem to report it as fixed with recent patches.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6434

mtb0minime wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I ventured into Vault 106 just before. What the fuck. Seriously. What. Not only was it messing with my head but I couldn't find any information to find out what had been going on there, unlike the other vaults.

Anyone know what happened? Did I miss something inside the vault?
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_106
Hmm I wonder why I didn't find any information when I was there, I thought i'd searched the entire place.
FloppY_
­

OmniDeath wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

The game runs fine as soon as I unload the mod (and I've tested a few others, it seems to happen with any mod that requires an .esp/.esm file. Texture replacing mods function normally).

The game only crashes when a mod is loaded. I've heard of similar problems after patch 1.5 but most people seem to report it as fixed with recent patches.
Odd... I have a few script mods aswell, they don't do anything besides what they are intended to tho'
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6759|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
after 80 pages, why isn't this a sticky.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6874|Germany
Do I need the 1.7 patch for Mothership Zeta or is that optional ?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6702|Long Island, New York

HellHead wrote:

Do I need the 1.7 patch for Mothership Zeta or is that optional ?
I think so.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6874|Germany
Nevermind, I just installed it anyway. No problem so far.
Sounds like you need 1.7 for the Zeta achievements, as you need 1.6 for the Lookout ones.
Thanks though.
FloppY_
­
So you are back to crashing on Exit (that is if you have Broken Steel)?
You can't use windows live if you don't patch to the latest version...

BTW: If someone here is thinking about buying add-ons 1 by 1 start with Broken steel... it is by FAR the biggest and gives you more for your MSpoints... and it opens the game up for freeplay after MainQ

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-08-05 08:52:16)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FloppY_ wrote:

BTW: If someone here is thinking about buying add-ons 1 by 1 start with Broken steel... it is by FAR the biggest and gives you more for your MSpoints... and it opens the game up for freeplay after MainQ
Without a doubt. It saves you from wasting XP once you hit level 20.

I'd go with Steel > Anchorage > Zeta > Lookout > Pitt, if you were to get them in sequential order.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6819

Started a new game. Gonna be pure evil. Named the character Beelzebub.

Is this not the most retarded 10yo you've ever seen? (I gotta figure out how to change the color of the skin and hair before I leave the vault. I must've missed that screen when I was born.)

FloppY_
­

mtb0minime wrote:

Started a new game. Gonna be pure evil. Named the character Beelzebub.

Is this not the most retarded 10yo you've ever seen? (I gotta figure out how to change the color of the skin and hair before I leave the vault. I must've missed that screen when I was born.)

It will prompt you when you leave the Vault (wood door to wasteland)

EDIT: Poor child, lol

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-08-05 13:11:29)

FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Without a doubt. It saves you from wasting XP once you hit level 20.

I'd go with Steel > Anchorage > Zeta > Lookout > Pitt, if you were to get them in sequential order.
imo it is:
Steel > Zeta/Lookout/Pitt > Anchorage

Personally Anchorage felt abit short to me... and it doesn't feel as "free" as the others
jsnipy
+3,276|6687|...

FloppY_ wrote:

Personally Anchorage felt abit short to me... and it doesn't feel as "free" as the others
I agree; I felt like I was tolerating it more than enjoying it. The fact that it was a "simulator" to me was kind of a design cop out (and this was before pleasantville simulation).
FloppY_
­

jamiet757 wrote:

So I just finished Zeta, after finishing everything else, so now what? I am done with the game, and I would like to sell it (on a side note, can you sell the game or is the key linked to your GFWL account?) but I want to know if anyone heard any rumors if there would be more expansions.

I could use the hard drive space, but I don't want to uninstall the game and lose my progress if another exp comes out. I know Zeta was supposedly the last one, but that is just it, most sites say it is "supposed to be the 5th and final expansion pack"

So, anyone know if there are others coming? How long after one was released did they announce another one?
The expansions are tied to your Windows Live Account, you can sell the game if you have a hard-copy, but the expansions are stuck with you, microsoft also states this in the "read and accept terms" prompt...

Uninstalling won't remove your savegames, they are (as they are in all games these days) stored in your "my games" folder in "my documents"

afaik the DLC have all 5 been announced since the game went GOLD and I doubt bethesda will do anything else than patching and assembling the GOTY edition before they move their focus to Fallout Vegas (yes I know it is not the same "team" that is working on it).

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-08-05 15:23:14)

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6791|Canada
New Vegas will be my priority expectation now. Then hopefully at the same time Obsidian is releasing FO:NV, beth will make a hardcopy expansion called Fallout: The Commonwealth.Spoiler (highlight to read):
(Im really hoping they go somewhere with the commonwealth, it has been reffered to way to many times, hell, Dr. Li fled to it!)
VicktorVauhn
+319|6556|Southern California
Spoiler (highlight to read):
NOOOOOO FATHER!!!!!!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6633

destruktion_6143 wrote:

New Vegas will be my priority expectation now. Then hopefully at the same time Obsidian is releasing FO:NV, beth will make a hardcopy expansion called Fallout: The Commonwealth.Spoiler (highlight to read):
(Im really hoping they go somewhere with the commonwealth, it has been reffered to way to many times, hell, Dr. Li fled to it!)
Indeed. We've seen post apocalyptic Los Angelos, San Fransisco, Reno, Washington DC and soon Vegas. New York would be a good place to go after that.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6791|Canada
The Commonwealth is the entire state of Massachusetts. Home of MIT, hence why it is a technological hub of the wasteland... I think.

Wiki
GR34
+215|6709|ALBERTA> CANADA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

The Commonwealth is the entire state of Massachusetts. Home of MIT, hence why it is a technological hub of the wasteland... I think.

Wiki
I thought the common wealth was the UK? dont know where I got that idea from but...
FloppY_
­

GR34 wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Wiki
I thought the common wealth was the UK? dont know where I got that idea from but...
I doubt anyone in "postapocalyptia" will posess the ability to cross the great oceans on a regular basis tbh
FloppY_
­

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Indeed. We've seen post apocalyptic Los Angelos, San Fransisco, Reno, Washington DC and soon Vegas. New York would be a good place to go after that.
Emagine standing in the middle of NYC, after a nuclear explosion... I mean, as the biggest city in the world, it has to have been a priority target for the chinese. as such, if it isn't just 1 big crater, emagine how awesome the destroyed and aged skyscrapers of Manhattan would look like
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FloppY_ wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Emagine standing in the middle of NYC, after a nuclear explosion... I mean, as the biggest city in the world, it has to have been a priority target for the chinese. as such, if it isn't just 1 big crater, emagine how awesome the destroyed and aged skyscrapers of Manhattan would look like
Not to mention there'd be yet another Metro to deal with.

I think NYC would be the best option as well.
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Not to mention there'd be yet another Metro to deal with.

I think NYC would be the best option as well.
But then again, they have to think different or the game will just feel like Fallout 3 v2

Fallout Vegas changes the theme from a "metropolitan" enviroment, to that of post-city of dreams,,, which could become pretty good if they bring along the things that made FO3 so good...
VicktorVauhn
+319|6556|Southern California
Just beat the game being all nice, so I started over being evil.

I just pillaged the shit out of megaton and then blew it the fuck up. It was epic. I splattered that damn sheriffs head with a combat shotgun broke into a house and set up until people stopped going after me.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I like my new surroundings way better, but I don't think I am going to fuck around in the tower... Anyone who nukes a town because its an eyesore is OK with me. I already have SO much more money from just taking what I want.... life lesson?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard