Swan
The town bike
+54|5449
Personally I think it makes sense: it is logic.

If green people came from mars with the intent of killing us, would we profile them?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

I suppose you believe Phrenology is logical, also?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Depends. If you're talking about racially profiling Muslim terrorists it's pretty hard since they have managed to get pretty much every race under their umbrella

The guy that did the most damage in the London bombings was a black man from Jamaica or some shit like that

There's plenty of white, as in white European people who have been caught trying to do crazy Islamic shit.

It's a tough cookie

It depends entirely on the circumstances really..
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

I personally think it's a waste of time and only means that innocent people get harassed because they fall into a certain category. And as Mek pointed out, not all Islamic terrorists are Middle Eastern.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5449

AussieReaper wrote:

I don't see how you can even compare the two. You are just throwing about punchy comments without making any point.

Mekstizzle wrote:

Depends. If you're talking about racially profiling Muslim terrorists it's pretty hard since they have managed to get pretty much every race under their umbrella

The guy that did the most damage in the London bombings was a black man from Jamaica or some shit like that

There's plenty of white, as in white European people who have been caught trying to do crazy Islamic shit.

It's a tough cookie

It depends entirely on the circumstances really..
True, the danger from a security stand point would be discounting the possibility of risk form another race. I think racial profiling should be used, but periodically evaluated for validity.

Last edited by Swan (2009-07-28 05:56:34)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Swan wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

I don't see how you can even compare the two. You are just throwing about punchy comments without making any point.
Same race = same traits.

Same skull = same traits.

That's how I can compare the two. Both are archaic and totally flawed in the real world.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

I personally think it's a waste of time and only means that innocent people get harassed because they fall into a certain category. And as Mek pointed out, not all Islamic terrorists are Middle Eastern.
Then there are playing the odds that most are.

I completely agree with race profiling. If it were a white serial killer on the loose, you would not be checking out black people, AND you wouldn't have a problem with it. It works both ways.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5449

El Beardo wrote:

Swan wrote:

Personally I think it makes sense: it is logic.
What logic??  Everyone who looks the same is the same? I don't think that is very logical, I think it is ignorant.
That's a mobile vision you have there +1. Its called statistics.
If I asked you to go find all of the Willy Nelson albums you could find, what race would you start with? (inb4screenshotofnotorious)

Last edited by Swan (2009-07-28 06:00:33)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
If you can show that all people of a particular race think in a particular way then yes.
As they don't the answer is no.

Although, I'd suggest using the race, religion, political affiliations and career profile of the single most effective terrorist to hit the US so far.

https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/tim20mcveigh.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-07-28 06:00:57)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I completely agree with race profiling. If it were a white serial killer on the loose, you would not be checking out black people, AND you wouldn't have a problem with it. It works both ways.
Except that this is like harassing white people because there might be a serial killer on the loose.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Except that this is like harassing white people because there might be a serial killer on the loose.
And saying they are white so MUST have serial killer tenancies.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

If it were a white serial killer on the loose, you would not be checking out black people
Thats not racial profiling.

Aussiereaper wrote:

But the majority of serial killers are white, so white people are more dangerous than black people and must be watched.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-07-28 06:04:07)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Dilbert_X wrote:

If it were a white serial killer on the loose, you would not be checking out black people
That too.
13rin
+977|6481

Dilbert_X wrote:

If you can show that all people of a particular race think in a particular way then yes.

Although, I'd suggest using the race, religion, political affiliations and career profile of the single most effective terrorist to hit the US so far.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 … cveigh.jpg
Yea.  McVay was a bastard, but he paled in comprison to the 9-11 fuck wits.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Now this is bullshit, race profiling has nothing to do with the suggestion that ALL people of that race are considered guilty of anything.

It is nothing more than a decription of the subject they are looking for.

we have a problem with Middle Eastern men trying to carry out terrorist acts in the US. So we watch them closer at airports etc. I can promise you, the second 80 year old blue hairs start becoming a threat, we will profile them and keep a closer eye on them. I promise.

No race is beyond profiling, therefore it is NOT a race issue.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

That too.
really? you guys were up in arms with the notion that the Gates 911 caller might have described the people that were breaking into his house as black, she was labeled as racist for it.

really? and why not. If a white serial killer was suspected to be trying to fly out of the country, the cops would be scrutinizing white people at the airports. How is this not racial profiling? or is your position that white people can not be profiled.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK
NO.

Only cos the lowing police would harass me and ATG would give me the dirties all day.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

That too.
really? you guys were up in arms with the notion that the Gates 911 caller might have described the people that were breaking into his house as black, she was labeled as racist for it.
I wasn't up in arms about it, I don't care. In fact, I don't really know what you're talking about, I'm guessing that black dude that got arrested for 'breaking in' to his own house?

really? and why not. If a white serial killer was suspected to be trying to fly out of the country, the cops would be scrutinizing white people at the airports. How is this not racial profiling? or is your position that white people can not be profiled.
Because if there is a serial killer going around who is white, then it's not racial profiling, that's using evidence that they know. The same goes if he were a black serial killer, before you go off about that. Racial profiling is assuming that at serial killer will be white, and so stopping white people to see if they are serial killers, without a crime being committed.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Aussiereaper wrote:

But the majority of serial killers are white, so white people are more dangerous than black people and must be watched.
nobody is watching ALL black people.  So this pretty much is also bullshit
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

That too.
I wasn't up in arms about it, I don't care. In fact, I don't really know what you're talking about, I'm guessing that black dude that got arrested for 'breaking in' to his own house?

Because if there is a serial killer going around who is white, then it's not racial profiling, that's using evidence that they know. The same goes if he were a black serial killer, before you go off about that. Racial profiling is assuming that at serial killer will be white, and so stopping white people to see if they are serial killers, without a crime being committed.
News flash, it is ASSUMED a serial killer will be white, ya know why, because most of them ARE white. So what now, am I no racist against white people? nobody is stopping all black people without a crime being comitted. Just black people who fit the description.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5449

Dilbert_X wrote:

Although, I'd suggest using the race, religion, political affiliations and career profile of the singel most effective terrorist to hit the US so far.

If you get knocked out with a body blow, will never protect your face again?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

News flash, it is ASSUMED a serial killer will be white, ya know why, because most of them ARE white. So what now, am I no racist against white people? nobody is stopping all black people without a crime being comitted. Just black people who fit the description.
You appear to not understand what racial profiling is. It isn't searching for a black man who is 6'3" with a scar on his left arm, after a liquor store gets robbed. It's examining people of a certain background (these days Muslim, 15 years ago it was Irish) and pulling them aside for extra questioning and searching because they believe that Muslims/the Irish are more likely to commit terrorist acts.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

You appear to not understand what racial profiling is. It isn't searching for a black man who is 6'3" with a scar on his left arm, after a liquor store gets robbed. It's examining people of a certain background (these days Muslim, 15 years ago it was Irish) and pulling them aside for extra questioning and searching because they believe that Muslims/the Irish are more likely to commit terrorist acts.
I coulda swore I just stated, that it is ASSUMED white peolpe would be a serila killer because MOST serial killers are white.

Let me check, yup I DID justr say that. Is it racial profiling or isn't it?

Do you mean WHITE IRISH people.? Sounds like no  one is exempt and there fore is a tool that is used and is NOT racially biased against any specific race.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If I'd spent the last few decades punching the crap out of people of a particular race I wouldn't be too surprised if one turned around and punched me back.

Also I wouldn't then go around punching people just because they were the same race as the person who last punched me. That would be puerile and provocative.

Alternatively if you want to follow your argument, white, republican, US military veterans who are members of the NRA should be profiled and targeted as they are apparently more dangerous than moslem terrorists.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-07-28 06:37:19)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

If I'd spent the last few decades punching the crap out of people of a particular race I wouldn't be too surprised if one turned around and punched me back.

Also I wouldn't then go around punching people just because they were the same race as the person who last punched me. That would be puerile and provocative.
No one is doing that, you really need to find an argument to support your position that is a little closer to reality if not back down on this planet.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard