Zefar
+116|6641|Sweden
I don't think it's a good reason to legalize it.

Why? Well kids are going to start doing it and if they get a relaxing feeling of it they might just want more of it. So they waste money and time on it and don't have time for school.

http://elitemrp.net/e2_art/Cannabis_Legalized_In_NY.jpg <-- This probably happen too.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina

Zefar wrote:

Why? Well kids are going to start doing it and if they get a relaxing feeling of it they might just want more of it. So they waste money and time on it and don't have time for school.

http://elitemrp.net/e2_art/Cannabis_Legalized_In_NY.jpg <-- This probably happen too.
Actually, there's an interesting comparison between alcohol and pot.

It's easier for minors to get pot than it is for them to get alcohol, because pot is often sold in high school, whereas alcohol is sold in grocery stores and ABC stores, where IDs must be presented for purchases.

So basically, if something is illegal, it's easier for a kid to get it than if it's regulated and sold in a store.

This is yet another reason to legalize and regulate pot.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

Bertster7 wrote:

Which has been tried. Still has never worked.

Stalin tried doing that. Drug use rose.
wat? drug use rose? when stalin was in power? really?! you don't know what you are talking about, dude. i won't join this discussion, because i know i can't keep a level head when it comes to drugs, but this post of yours is just silly. you are obviously biased like many other pro-pot people, so biased you'd go about looking for arguments everywhere, but, ffs, check your facts, k? most people - OVERWHELMING majotiry of the people in SU - didn't even know what the word "narcotics" mean.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Turquoise
O Canada

Shahter wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

wat? drug use rose? when stalin was in power? really?! you don't know what you are talking about, dude. i won't join this discussion, because i know i can't keep a level head when it comes to drugs, but this post of yours is just silly. you are obviously biased like many other pro-pot people, so biased you'd go about looking for arguments everywhere, but, ffs, check your facts, k? most people - OVERWHELMING majotiry of the people in SU - didn't even know what the word "narcotics" mean.
Even if Stalin was successful in prohibiting drugs, it's pretty clear that a serious lack of personal freedoms came with that prohibition and harsh enforcement of a ban.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5391

smuder201 wrote:

Jeez I don't live on this site like you do Red, I have a family that take most of my time. The Info on Sea freight came from a book called Whitewash by Simon Strong it is an in depth study of the life & business of Pablo Escobar before he was killed in the early 90's,

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/us/18smuggle.html

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_are_drugs … nto_the_US

http://www.mercurynews.com/nationworld/ … ck_check=1

http://www.policyalmanac.org/crime/arch … king.shtml

This site has loads of useful info on the drugs trade   

Almanac of Policy Issues wrote:

Colombian drug trafficking organizations increasingly rely upon the eastern Pacific Ocean as a trafficking route to move cocaine to the United States. Law enforcement and intelligence community sources estimate 65 percent of the cocaine shipped to the United States moves through the Central America-Mexico corridor, primarily by vessels operating in the eastern Pacific.
Ok.

A)  What the fuck does your first sentence mean?  I am simply saying you don't make that kind of claim and have nothing to back it up.

B)  I don't see where it says the primary source of drug smuggling is by sea versus land.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5391

Shahter wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Thank you.  Man I didn't want to say that because it is so obvious.  But be warned, you may live there but I bet he finds some bbc article to tell you that you are incorrect.
Zefar
+116|6641|Sweden

Turquoise wrote:

Zefar wrote:

Actually, there's an interesting comparison between alcohol and pot.

It's easier for minors to get pot than it is for them to get alcohol, because pot is often sold in high school, whereas alcohol is sold in grocery stores and ABC stores, where IDs must be presented for purchases.

So basically, if something is illegal, it's easier for a kid to get it than if it's regulated and sold in a store.

This is yet another reason to legalize and regulate pot.
So all that will happen is that it will STILL be illegal for kids under 20(Just my guess) where as grownup can do it whenever they want.

Just because they sell alcohol in shops doesn't make it harder to get. People still sell it illegal to kids. Probably pretty easy too for that matter.

Oh and another reason why they shouldn't legalize pot is because most pot smokers are MOST LIKELY going to say "Hey try this out, it's completely harmless".
Turquoise
O Canada

Zefar wrote:

So all that will happen is that it will STILL be illegal for kids under 20(Just my guess) where as grownup can do it whenever they want.

Just because they sell alcohol in shops doesn't make it harder to get. People still sell it illegal to kids. Probably pretty easy too for that matter.
It still happens, but far less than with alcohol.  The reason is the profit.  The value of pot would be far less under legalization.  There would be far less motivation to sell pot illegally when it's worth less.

Zefar wrote:

Oh and another reason why they shouldn't legalize pot is because most pot smokers are MOST LIKELY going to say "Hey try this out, it's completely harmless".
Just like underage drinking is encouraged by older siblings.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-07-26 07:45:09)

Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6243|England
OK it seems I have things wrong. The maritime routes are expanding significantly but 65% of drugs brought into the USA are along the Southwestern border according to the DEA.
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/state_factsheets.html
So Red there ya go an apology from me for getting things arse about face.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6811
it's pointless to argue whether anyone can win the war on drugs. [which is really a misnomer as spouted by the prohibitionists here - they support a war on drug users, not drugs themselves]

as fodder for debate, it's much more interesting to argue whether we should win the war on drugs.

the responses here mostly point to 'no'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

Turquoise wrote:

More likely its because pot is sold in little bags, whereas alcohol comes in big bottles which are bulky and pretty hard to conceal.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

More likely its because pot is sold in little bags, whereas alcohol comes in big bottles which are bulky and pretty hard to conceal.
2 words: marvellous medicine.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

You never went to school with kids that wore those bulky jackets, did you?  Kids conceal everything from alcohol to guns in schools around here, hence the higher than normal school shootings here.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6734|Reality
O'RLY!

it is sad to think some talking head will be believed just because they are talking heads

here is the original segment

Last edited by Stubbee (2009-08-06 08:55:15)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard