stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

PB doesnt screen for changes in .cfg files and what not
Assaulter
+0|6591|Canada
it's not cheating. it's a console command only. it's not a 3rd party program or hax.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6701|Germany
This sounds pretty interesting, but can somebody explain to me what that command really does and  how it would effect your accuray ?
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6827|Deutschland/Germany
Someone else already asked it but there was no reply: Does it stay at the value you set it to when you close BF2 or do you need to type it every round.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6637

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Someone else already asked it but there was no reply: Does it stay at the value you set it to when you close BF2 or do you need to type it every round.
I would like to know too.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6744|Upper Franconia
Either I was just lucky or this really works and improved my accuracy on moving targets a lot.

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

I would like to know too.
I adjust it  every round because your ping may alter a little bit. Just press arrow up and then type the new number
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6752
People actually run now instead of shuffling along.. basically it speeds up the fps of everyone else. And if they dont jerk form one place to the other but move smoothly, its easier to hit them.

You dont have to readjust every round.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6836|Germany / Saxony

Talon wrote:

You dont have to readjust every round.
This is clear, but is it stored in the cfg (or somewhat) if I leave BF2 and start new?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Chowley
+1|6677|Ireland
Where is the cfg? I want to change it again but cant be arsed typing all that into the console again .
ArMaG3dD0n
Setting it to 0.000 somehow works for me pretty good too (ping ~70) but I ll still need to test it a little more.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6611|Mhz

It compensates for your exact ping so you'll want to be setting it at the start of every round anyway, regardless of wether its saves it to the cfg file or not, setting it to compensate for a 20 ping then going to another server where your ping is 45 and not changing the value is pointless so asking wether it gets saved or not is irrelevant.
tF-afrojap
+124|6838|SF
After reading this I thought maybe it could address the issues with hit detection against fast moving vehicles. After tweaking the compensation, I tried running at a AT guy in a DPV and have him shoot an SRAW at me. The results seemed pretty normal. Some hit, some still go through. Also tried firing TV missiles at incoming jets. They all go through at high speeds. Sadness.

Also, when I enter the command it returns a 0 for me, no matter what I enter for the variable, and my friend was always returning 1. Thoughts?
Impaqt
+37|6629|Chicago, Il
Placebo Effect..............

And to the guys talking about Turning OFF shadows...  that only effects how YOU see the field.  Your turning off other peoples shadows.....  YOUR shadow is certaincly still visable to people with Shadows ON...
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6697|Antarctica

tF-afrojap wrote:

Also, when I enter the command it returns a 0 for me, no matter what I enter for the variable, and my friend was always returning 1. Thoughts?
Same here, although one of my clan m8s said it worked for him on our server, maybe its an admin only thing?  Or the server has to enable it? :S
agwood
+18|6631|I Fight for Bush !!

Impaqt wrote:

Placebo Effect..............

And to the guys talking about Turning OFF shadows...  that only effects how YOU see the field.  Your turning off other peoples shadows.....  YOUR shadow is certaincly still visable to people with Shadows ON...
eeerrrmmmm.... when you turn off shadows.. it turns off ALL SHADOWS... not just the players shadows. for example there are no dark shadows between buildings where people like to think they can hide.. heh..

I cant stand the look with shadows off.. but I could see how it would be a definate advantage
mporlier
+42|6631|Montreal, Canada

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

tF-afrojap wrote:

Same here, although one of my clan m8s said it worked for him on our server, maybe its an admin only thing?  Or the server has to enable it? :S
It is certainly a typo error. It appened to me to but in the end it worked
ArMaG3dD0n
No it returns 1 to me too and I typed everything right.

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.07
this is what I typed

and this is what it returns:

Are you sure there s a space between floatSet and GSDefault?

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-04-05 10:50:43)

mporlier
+42|6631|Montreal, Canada

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

No it returns 1 to me too and I typed everything right.

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.07
this is what I typed

and this is what it returns:

Are you sure there s a space between floatSet and GSDefault?
If it returns 1 it is an acknoledment so you got it right!
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6737

If it returned one, it is returning a value as TRUE e.g. sucessfully set the float. If you are getting a 0 you are not typing it correctly - use CAPS where required, and remember the space between the floatSet and GSD...blah.

This is normal programming semantics - it is passing back a value whether it set sucessfully or not.

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.x
Impaqt
+37|6629|Chicago, Il
OK, Heres the Million dollar question.....   If BF2 can track your Ping...  ANd this is a Ping compensation adjustment.....   Why doesnt the game automatically adjust it for you?  It takes a Minte or more to load a map and get into a game....   Do they think we would be bothered to wait another 2 seconds for BF2 to read our Ping and set the Latency compensation?
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6670|Broadlands, VA
Well, doesn't your ping change over the course of a game?  Isn't it a function of the number of people on the server as well as the network path by which you get there?

Also, once in game, how do you know what your ping is?
tF-afrojap
+124|6838|SF

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

If it returned one, it is returning a value as TRUE e.g. sucessfully set the float. If you are getting a 0 you are not typing it correctly - use CAPS where required, and remember the space between the floatSet and GSD...blah.

This is normal programming semantics - it is passing back a value whether it set sucessfully or not.

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.x
Ah I see. Maybe trying it at 4 in the morning wasn't the best idea. Don't think it affects your ability to hit fast vehicles though.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-
I read the thread on BF2Tracker. They say it only needs to be set once, unless your ping changes... So if you play on another server you have to change it everytime?
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6628|Wigan. Manchester. England.
were is it you type it? when you press J?

someone please help me
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6720|Honolulu, HI

scottomus0 wrote:

were is it you type it? when you press J?

someone please help me
You hit the tilde key (the one next to 1) while on a server and that should bring down the console.  Then type in

Code:

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation X.XX
where X.XX is your current average ping in milliseconds.  Then hit Return.  If you typed it correctly the console will reply "1"; if not, you'll get a "0", in which case you probably made a typo or forgot a space somewhere.  So just hit the Up arrow to recall what you last typed, make the correction, and hit Return.  The tilde key will close the console again.

@Kaosdad008: When you view current in-game scores every player's current ping is listed in the right-most column.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard