wotg
Mr
+3|5406|Norway
Why on earth is there a no commander rule on some many servers?
Commanding is such a big part of the game, it can make or break a team.
Just wondering...
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
You don't really need one on small infantry maps. Maybe they want to make it balanced- no commander for both teams. It often happens that one team has a commander and the other doesn't, no one wants to step up and apply.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
just another dumb illegal rule from pre-pubic admins

go here to read about more crappy servers with dumb rules.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
Imagine NO UAV on INF szervers. Its much more fun
Swan
The town bike
+54|5448

venom6 wrote:

no
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6000|Aberdeen, Scotland

Stubbee wrote:

just another dumb illegal rule from pre-pubic admins
Not really...games with no commander can be a lot more exciting, puts emphasis on stealth and tactical thinking rather than spamming nades at the dots on the map.

Edit; means people need to learn to spot, too...imagine that!

Last edited by MrAnderson (2009-07-16 09:16:17)

~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6569|Up a tree
we had the no commander rule on our I/O server.We got a threat email from our provider about the rules from EA, so we changed it to" we request no commander to promote teamwork" and that is fine, i think some players like the rule
jdno_7
+10|6224

Swan wrote:

venom6 wrote:

yes
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707
How about no Infantry only servers.  This is what we need!
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

No it's not, theres are loads of vehicle servers, infantry only servers are so popular because so many people like infantry only.
No commanders I think is the best way by far to play IO, it gives you chance to hide and relies much more on teamwork as you and your team are the only people who can spot enemies.
It's so annoying when you're trying to be stealthy somewhere and just get a load of people gang up on you out of nowhere all because of UAV, it completely ruins the game.
I used to play BF2 on the Xbox 360, and while it's complete shit in comparison, the fact that there are no commanders and no UAV's etc make it really immersive, you can still play as a team but playing lone wolf is so satisfying knowing that the only way you can be seen is if an enemy actually sees you
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

"We" is for more people. The word you are looking for is "I"
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ioan92
+337|5724
For crying out loud play the game the way its meant to or play something else jeez.
H3RB4L ABU53

Ioan92 wrote:

For crying out loud play the game the way its meant to or play something else jeez.
People add rules like no comander to make it a better playing experience, and to make the server stand out from other normal rule servers.
There isn't really a way the game is meant to be played if you think about it, it's a PC game, obviously people are going to make rules.
Just like 99.9% of server have "Don't attack uncap" as a rule, the game wasn't designed so that you couldn't attack uncap, just that you couldn't cap it lol makes it better and more fair for people to play
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
Commander? Whats that?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma
Commander's fail, especially when one team has one, and the other team (mine) doesn't.
Makes it a lot harder to be fucking awesome on your own.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
L.Sammy
+5|5639|Ireland

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Commander's fail, especially when one team has one, and the other team (mine) doesn't.
Its not the commander that stops you being "fucking awesome on your own" its because BF2 is built for team play.

Last edited by L.Sammy (2009-07-17 15:45:29)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401

venom6 wrote:

Agree.  No UAV, scan, or anything really.  No commander is much much better.
HSG
+23|6475|British Columbia, Canada
Lame rule. no commander. How are you gonna find ppl hiding in certain spots and knife them, and if they find u better be prepared to kill um.
H3RB4L ABU53
But commander completely defeats the point of hiding, or capping flags as lone wolf. It basically forces you to play quake-style
MrAnderson
Also, on non-inf servers, arty is the only thing left in this game that actually pisses me off...

It always ruins the intense fights, and where is the 'fun' in arty drops? It's mildly amusing watching folk fly in the commander's birds-eye-view for a while, but really gets on my nerves when I'm on the ground
wotg
Mr
+3|5406|Norway

PrivateVendetta wrote:

So apply to be commander then...
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

But commander completely defeats the point of hiding, or capping flags as lone wolf. It basically forces you to play as a team quake-style
Fix'd
H3RB4L ABU53

DrunkFace wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

But commander completely defeats the point of hiding, or capping flags as lone wolf. It basically forces you to play as a team quake-style
Fix'd
Well, not in my opinion lol
MrAnderson

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Fix'd
Well, not in my opinion lol
With a decent team, it can be more fun + interesting, as you need to use some sort of tactics/battlesense, work together, and spot the enemy; then again most people just go medic and bounce around anyway...
H3RB4L ABU53
I can understand why medics like commander as it's prob the fastest play-style kit there is, I just like it when you only have your team to spot enemies, when there is a commander you know you are being watched all the time and people can sneak up on you obviously, it's annoying because if there was no commander they wouldn't have a clue where you are and they would have to rely on teamwork to figure it out rather than you showing up as a big red dot for the whole enemy team to see- ruins it in my opinion, but can't do nothing about commander as 99% of servers allow them.
I'm not saying games with commander are bad at all, I just think it's better without

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard