Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6777|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Due to the overwhelming quantity of threads started every day to complain about lame servers/admins, I am creating this thread to contain them all. Rather than posting a NEW thread for each, they will be conveniently placed in one thread.

I don't have the time or the inclination to go back through the forums for older threads but will merge any new threads that I come across.

I will sticky this topic until everybody gets used to the idea.
Mr.Warner
+20|6613
Hello all, I have a rant!!!

It seems that no matter what game you play (FEAR, Half-Life2, CS:Source, BF2) at least half of the servers out there have somebody running it that has fascist server rules in place; I will explain.

Now there are many rules that are out there for BF2 servers, and several of them are stupid as all get-up, many of which go against the EA regs for "valid server rules"; however some just rub me the wrong way.  I understand the ones that are intended on making the game a team-play event; like, "don't stat pad".  I can also digest the "no glitching" rules.  Don't glitch to the top of the hotel, or use C4 to blow yourself up onto a building.  I even understand the "don't attack the uncap base (as in the ones with the red circle and a line through it) unless you have all other flags."  That makes since, give people a fighting chance.  But all the following are ones that I have seen out and about make me just scratch my head.

=Karkand Factory is an uncap base  (no it is not, there is no little ghost busters sigh on the flag)
     =Don't Tank Whore (what dose that mean, really.  If I get shot by a guy in a tank I spawn AT, or somewhere else)
     =Don't abuse admins (I think this means don't shoot them)
     =Can't drive to plane / helicopter (am I to float through the air to get to the plane, If I could do that....)
     =Admins get first dibs on vehicles (OOH I am an admin, I get the armored personal carrier and you don't)
     =No Profanity (I wish to cover this in more detail)

It seems that when I go out there to get some gamin' time in I will about half the time end up on some server that has a language filter on it.  Now I understand that the admin of the server wants it to be clean for his kids to play on and he doesn't want me to teach Jr. to say hell, ass  or fuck or any of that shit but lets take a step back for a second, and think about this logically, (it is what I do at work so stick with me here)

Now lets say that there is a server called "Boise Special Forces Killers (BSFK) Ranked BF2" and the people in charge of the server are a little to into the "stats" aspect of the game. 

I was on a game similar to this and stared up a squad.  I was using the VOIP headset and I got to talking with my squad mates.  I was being a good squad leader and chillin' next to any flag owned by the other team allowing my guys to use me a spawn, so we could cap it.  The round ended and the admin with the highest score was not on top, they were in a clump starting around sixth place, but all above me.  They kicked all players that were above them at the end of the round, 5 in total.  The next round we were the same squad and I VIOP them, "why did you kick them?"  They say "they were not following server rules"   I say, "what rule(s) did they break?"  to which they replied, "They were using unclean language."  With that answer I felt compelled to say "They didn't cuss as far as I could tell.  They just had a higher score than you guys at the end of the round"  They argued really hard saying that that I was wrong and that nothing could be further from the truth  That reply was "Yes!!!"  So I say, just before I leave, because by now I am pissed off "So it's OK to shoot somebody with a huge gun, and blow their lifeless body across the map but you can't say shit or ass or  anything like that, and why did you wait till the round was over?"  I was warned and told to refrain, but also that "we are trying to change the trend of society and cleanse it by ending intolerance."

Now by this time I was so pissed I could barley see, but I kept my cool.  I asked: "Why do you feel that it is your right to police society in this way?  What give you the right and why are you inconsistent?  I have already said Shit and Ass and you didn't boot me, you only just booted 5 guys who beat you on your server."  I also added "What in the fuck are you doing saying that it is your right to judge people?"

I was so pissed I left the server immediately sent EA games a nasty hate mail about the server and withing two days it was shut down.( I guess I was not the only one who was treated so well by the BSFK.)

Now the point of this story is that if you are to have a language filter on it then please use it as such.  If someone uses naughty words and it is a server rule, then yes warn and then kick.  But I was truly insulted as a person  when the server Administrators chose to hide behind it as a mask of self-righteous,  hypocritical puritanical propaganda.  You know it's people like that which make the world hate Americans.  That is the worst example of a server rule I have ever seen, it was not even a server rule.

"Horrible deplorable violence is OK as long as there is no naughty language"  Sheila Broflovski

Thanks for hearing me out,  I feel better now.

--
Mr.Warner

Last edited by Mr.Warner (2007-06-26 13:25:01)

Axon
Jet Whore
+107|6468
Wow, so true

+1
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

I think you need a hug
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Mr.Warner
+20|6613
Sorry all for my long rant.  I read all the posts today about "shitty server rules" and thought that this would make a good story, and I got carried away.  Just let this be a warning to all the bad admin's; "Make good rules and follow them, please."

--
Mr.Warner
syntaxmax642
+32|6595|Seattle
+1 for you. Too many moron or (mormon?) out there. I liked your "self-righteous,  hypocritical puritanical propaganda.) I would have added "bullshit"

nice.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

*hug* There's his hug.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
irc://irc.gamesurge.net/bf2s

click that.. then when it loads.. type !huggle
lamming
+6|6539
Just was kicked from T3.SE 24/7 karkand for baseraping. I'm totally pissed off. I was standing in APC it the city entrance near blown up MEC APC, you should remember that %) And they call it "baseraping".
Maybe they think i should protect my commander's toys or go to Hotel flag and get a bunch of C4 and AT mines?
And the shit like that is all around.
Just another example. Oman, i was chasing F-35 in my SU-34 for a long time, at last he goes to the carrier, i fire a good rocket and it reaches him when he is just near ESSEX. Guess what happens next? YES SURE. Kick for attacking uncap.
OK I stop complaining.
Just i have one idea.
Think EA should restrict all rules like "Do not attack uncaps", "No baseraping", "No spawnkilling" on ranked servers.
Do you think it's possible?

PS Sorry my english.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6491
Unless EA puts an admin on each server fulltime, the regular admins will do whatever they want, and people will still be kicked.
lamming
+6|6539
Another idea. Make admin's skin flashing bright red so i can avoid killing him.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6806|Kubra, Damn it!

lol, pretty funny lamming. +1
Kusunagi
+59|6708|The land of Hookers and pod
I hate the Infantry only servers were commanders and vodniks/Humvees are allowed, infantry only = infantry only!!!!!
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6482
wow i was waiting for a jet on wake and some guy came up to wait also, i shot him once with my pistol joking with him then i heal his little amount of damage. i get the jet and not him and im guessing he was an admin who wanted the jet because this came up. "you have been kicked for the following reason, being a smacktard".  wtf is that bs. admins get gayer and more abusive every day.
Crawdaddy79
+27|6507
People do that stuff all the time to pad their stats, if you don't deal enough damage to warrant a -1 - but if you heal them you get a point.  He may have suspected you for doing the same...

Or maybe he was just annoyed and wanted to kick you.
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6482
no i didnt do enough damage for a -1 and i didnt get a heal point
137twozerosniper
+57|6535|UK
i got kicked for being a pussy =] yum
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6675|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
This has been a thread topic, but oh well..

Well this was a ban..

I saw this Maj Gen in the Tom Clancy Game servers - which SUCK ASS by the way

He wasnt commanding, he was getting helo time, and commander time, so I decided I would TK them...

then out of no where they banned me!

WTF is that?>!
Entertayner
+826|6541

I got kicked for saying n00b...
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I've been banned  for using a tank when everyone was saying LETS KNIFE/PISTOL!!!
Entertayner
+826|6541

That's quite the secks
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6597|Britain and Damn proud of it!
Whilst I'm admining on wake i see that allot, i usually issue a warning cause most of the time people who get their pistol out and shoot someone who is waiting for the plane are either aggravating them into TK'ing them or to unnerve them a bit, of course assuming the person you shot was an admin, and that you were kicked AFTER getting into the plane i would find that suspicious, if it wasn't the case perhaps the admin was slow typing out your name... just forget about it and go on another server.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

That's quite the secks
As I have stated in a previous thread.

Please use coherent English.

"SEX" is how one would spell it.
Entertayner
+826|6541

I try, but it's too addictive not to use "coherent" english lol

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-07-18 12:05:09)

xXGamingBugXx
+30|6513
Har har har, the pirate has his revenge

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard