Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain

jonrpatrick wrote:

You know, I've always thought a Special Forces version of Karkand would be awesome.  The ability to use grappling hooks and ziplines to get up on all those buildings would rock...
There is one in the single player SF64 mod. It's a SEALs vs MECSF night map. Of course that's not all that exciting since it's only single player.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6201|Schofield Barracks
for me that was the only map i could play without my pc freezing.
Jackabo
+127|6566|Dublin, Ireland
My favourite map is inf Songhua. Fucking ace with clan m8s in a boat raping everyone. I think kark is popular because of its small spaces between flags which makes it inf friendly. Aswell its an interesting setting and overall balanced map
BL4CKL10N
+66|6289

DeathUnlimited wrote:

It's popular because of germans.
Statement -> Explanation -> Example

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone

BL4CKL10N wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Chinese+German
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Lai
+186|6158

jonrpatrick wrote:

You know, I've always thought a Special Forces version of Karkand would be awesome.  The ability to use grappling hooks and ziplines to get up on all those buildings would rock...
- The ability to fill all bottleneck area's with teargas.
- The ability to flash all alleys without being stuck with the lame F2000
- The ability to select SEAL and/or insurgent stock weapons and pwn all with RPG-7 and SCAR-H
- The ability to cross the map in those wicked SF buggies and civilian cars
Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain
The Scar-H is the worst assault rifle in BF2. Civillian cars are fun though. The BF2s civillian car wars were most amusing (when anybody turned up for it).
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5875|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Yea I always though ziplines in regular BF2 would make it interesting, maybe they could make regular maps available in SF that way you could use the extra items and not have to reload BF2 to play SF- too late now anyway lol
BL4CKL10N
+66|6289

.Sup wrote:

BL4CKL10N wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Chinese+German
Haha, nice. How did you know that?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6470|cuntshitlake

BL4CKL10N wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Explanation: I don't know, Germans enjoy a linear, easy-to-play map I guess. Even more linear and easy-to-play in fbf aka ESL gathers.
Example: 95% of German servers are Karky only, all German ESL gathers are Karkand 16.

I don't know why, but Germans really seem to have a fetish for Karkand. I am, of course not meaning all Germans, but the majority at least.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone
ich brauche Sanitäter verdammt nochmal
+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs
(crazy german kid)
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
BL4CKL10N
+66|6289

DeathUnlimited wrote:

BL4CKL10N wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Explanation: I don't know, Germans enjoy a linear, easy-to-play map I guess. Even more linear and easy-to-play in fbf aka ESL gathers.
Example: 95% of German servers are Karky only, all German ESL gathers are Karkand 16.

I don't know why, but Germans really seem to have a fetish for Karkand. I am, of course not meaning all Germans, but the majority at least.
Yep, germans like kark a lot. But 90% of german admins are fags, unfortunately...
1con
---
+6|6232|beach, USA
To summarize:

Linear layout, with workable, but not easy, routes to bypass the front line.

Restricted armor routes with alternate/narrow routes and cover for infantry.

Lengthy lines of view and fire (long, flat streets).

Capture point density.

Lots of yellow fog.

Is it the lack of yellow fog that makes Jalalabad less popular?  Or is it the big open field in the beginning?  Jalalabad has many of the same principals, so why is it less popular overall?  The lines of fire are shorter, overall.  Flag density is higher.  Is Jalalabad too dense/short?

Again, speaking of non-IO.  IO Jalalabad is just a big field of snipers.
Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain
Jalalabad is a great map, but I guess the reason it's not as popular as Karkand is A) it's not Karkand and people are unimaginative, just doing the same old thing they've always been doing; B) it is a highly unbalanced map with maybe about 75% of rounds being won by the USMC; C) it doesn't really lend itself to nade spam, which is a big part of Karkand's popularity, there are a lot of players out there who are exclusivly nade spammers; D) like you said, firing lanes are generally shorter and narrower, the city fight is more claustrophobic, intense and chaotic than Karkand, similar to Sharqui.

Personally I think Jalalbad is better than Karkand because there is more to do. As well as being a great tanking map, it is good for transport-whoring, AT-mining, c4ing, sniping, and infantry. You're never bored on Jalalabad, and when you're playing MEC the fact that you're probably going to lose makes you dig in and try to play your very best and find a way to win.

Also, the IO version of Jalalabad, though it tends to be excessively sniper-heavy and boring a lot of the time, is super-awesome when the bettle reaches the interior flags.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6654
The first Mec flag is really close to the first U.S. spawn.

End of discussion.
northsider
+1|5642|Chicago
I love this map, but I hate playing it.  Make sense?  Many of the reasons above make this map genius and and awesome to play. 

HOWEVER, nade spam, clays, C4, and other lameness make this map truly retarded and noobish.  Maybe 2 minutes out of every Kark round are 100% fun, balanced, fair, etc...the rest of the time you are just dying.  I personally also think I/O blows.  Why no vehicles on many servers?  I'd love to see more servers with vehicles + infantry (no air).
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
Karkand is absolutely the easiest map in terms of computer performance. If you payed much attention, you might have noticed I used to almost only play on karkand with you and the crew because anywhere else I would be lagging to hell and back. Even though computers have come a long way since June of 05, many, many people rarely upgrade or replace their computers. Even if they have, they might just prefer it because they started the game with it.

Also despite the lack of air power, Karkand gives probably the most action because you have a lot a players in a smaller area than most maps, so nothing feels empty. Theres a good bit of diversity in fighting between the city corners, bridges, warehouses, and suburbs

As to why it is more popular than Jalalabad, Jalalabad came out with a patch (1.2?), not with the original game, so there was quite a bit of time for people to get used to Karkand. The huge gap between the US spawn and first Mec flags is off-putting too

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the tanks seem to do a better job of blowing up jeeps in Jalalabad, so it can be harder to get to the back flags
EDIT 2: Now that I think about it, I think its harder to get to the back flags by foot undetected in Jalalabad

karma wrote:

ur a retard if you think karkand is the best map in bf2
I never said that, so you sir, can suck my e-nuts.

Last edited by Wallpaper (2009-07-05 12:42:56)

BVC
+325|6703
What makes Karkand popular?  The number of single-map servers running Karkand does, thats what.
1con
---
+6|6232|beach, USA

Pubic wrote:

What makes Karkand popular?  The number of single-map servers running Karkand does, thats what.
First = chicken or egg?
BVC
+325|6703
Point.

People like it because its a point whore map, and thats why its popular on servers

A lot of jet servers too...
Random_Guy
+5|5430

Pubic wrote:

Point.

People like it because its a point whore map, and thats why its popular on servers

A lot of jet servers too...
^ So true

When you make a soldier in BF2 your choices are
1. Join the point whore fest in Karkand, or
2. Get continually raped by a jet.

Most pick the former and that is why we have 90% of servers running Karkand.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5757|شمال
cause it is my home town... duhh
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone

Wallpaper wrote:

As to why it is more popular than Jalalabad, Jalalabad came out with a patch (1.2?)
1.4, you know the last (real) patch. How can you not remember that.

It was the same time they cursed everyone with IO.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5488

jonrpatrick wrote:

Its called Warlord, and its a much better map.
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool

DrunkFace wrote:

1.4, you know the last (real) patch. How can you not remember that.

It was the same time they cursed everyone with IO.
Hey man, 1.4 was years ago

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard