Lai
+186|6298

Zimmer wrote:

The thing is, you probably had a chance when you first met her and became friends, and she probably liked you, but didn't realise you liked her, so she didn't try anything on. That's how most friendships with girls begin.
You know, even though that may be true, I don't think it is helping anyone feel any better

Bevo wrote:

Life's a bitch.
That about sums it up.

You know what is also frustrating? When against all odds and expectations you bump into a girl a while later with whom it actually would work out, if not she lived in a partially walled city in the mountains, thousands of miles away, and you can't even talk to her
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6903|Scotland

Lai wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

The thing is, you probably had a chance when you first met her and became friends, and she probably liked you, but didn't realise you liked her, so she didn't try anything on. That's how most friendships with girls begin.
You know, even though that may be true, I don't think it is helping anyone feel any better
It wasn't intended to. It was a cold hard fact.
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6262|Tampa, Florida

Bevo wrote:

Lai wrote:

Like Bevo I've been in a situation like yours and I chose the long patient understanding road at the time. I lost everything to her; friends, study, my sanity and a year or two spended getting pissed. The girl in question still lives in her own illusionary world, pretending she's perfectly happy with everything. Girls like that just need to grow up and there is absolutely nothing you can do to make them, which, yes, is immensely frustrating.
Oi, by "wait for her to come around" I didn't mean exclusively. Like the situation I'm in... I took her to homecoming, I asked her out. That happened already. While she was positive through both, I could tell that it wasn't going to go anywhere. So I'm not actively waiting for her, no not at all. After she dates douchebag #300 though, she'll understand that she's looking for a different type of guy. And that's where you come in.

But yeah, it will probably be 20 years later and she'll already be married.

Life's a bitch.
No, she will continue to date 'd-bags' most likely for the rest of her life. Why? because they make her work for it, they are different. Any guy can kiss her feet and be her bitch 24/7, it takes a different guy to tease her and make her work. Women don't want the nice guy who will buy her things and call her princess all the time, it's annoying. If you have a bit of an attitude, cocky and funny, you will see much better success than throwing money and kindness at her.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6886|Toronto | Canada

I think I actually got the one-in-a-million situation with a girl I liked about 8 months ago and who ended up saying no at that time.  We ended up being friends for a long time and in the past 3 weeks I actually managed to get out of the friend zone and up quite a bit higher in the picture.
How I did it I couldn't tell you, but it happened and its possible, just unlikely.  Best advice I could give is just be yourself no matter what, before I tried to impress her and be nice to her and it didnt work but now I'm just being myself and its going great.  You just gotta take a couple risks and dont be afraid of rejection, just have a line ready to twist it against her if she says no, it'll stop her from feeling above you
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5733

If you're havin' girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6886|Toronto | Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Name 'em
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5733

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Name 'em
I'll let Jay Z do it for me.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6779

werd to the hyphen in my name D:
Bevo
Nah
+718|6668|Austin, Texas

GorillaKing798 wrote:

No, she will continue to date 'd-bags' most likely for the rest of her life. Why? because they make her work for it, they are different. Any guy can kiss her feet and be her bitch 24/7, it takes a different guy to tease her and make her work. Women don't want the nice guy who will buy her things and call her princess all the time, it's annoying. If you have a bit of an attitude, cocky and funny, you will see much better success than throwing money and kindness at her.
I already made it clear that you should keep your distance and not suck up, so I don't see why you're refuting what I said with some patronizing response. When I say douchebags I MEAN douchebags. I know that girls don't want the nice guy/beg/call/etc, and maybe if you read this thread you'd know that too. Please don't come into threads thinking you 'know it all', especially trying to one-up someone who's given much agreed upon advice.

Basically, stop being a dick, you don't know as much as you think you do.
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6262|Tampa, Florida

Bevo wrote:

GorillaKing798 wrote:

I already made it clear that you should keep your distance and not suck up, so I don't see why you're refuting what I said with some patronizing response. When I say douchebags I MEAN douchebags. I know that girls don't want the nice guy/beg/call/etc, and maybe if you read this thread you'd know that too. Please don't come into threads thinking you 'know it all', especially trying to one-up someone who's given much agreed upon advice.

Basically, stop being a dick, you don't know as much as you think you do.
Maybe I misinterpreted, and yes I'm new to the thread. I'm not reading through 40 pages to see where you stand. I certainly don't know it all, simply offering people advice and reiterating the basics. But I do know what I'm talking about, being a frequenter on PUA forums, and someone who has a wealth of knowledge on the topic.

And yes, I'm sure you know the limit to my knowledge based on half of a paragraph of writing.

Last edited by GorillaKing798 (2009-06-18 19:41:25)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6840

Uzique wrote:

Steady on, Romeo!

I'm a certified romancer, Casanova and occasional Lothario - and I'm telling you that ur rong!

"Treat 'em mean, keep them keen".

As someone already said, it's about striking a balance between being a prickish douchebag and a leeching sycophant. Find the comfortable middle-ground and reap your rewards.
This has to be one of my favorite posts by you.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6382|S.A. Australia

Macbeth wrote:

Says the man whos every second post was about his girlfriend dumping him or getting lost or nipple rings...
Serious Flex
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5733

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Says the man whos every second post was about his girlfriend dumping him or getting lost or nipple rings...
Meh check my post history I don't talk about my girlfriend all that much and how is my nipple ring something that would make me so horrible? Don't answer that, I'm not going to read it anyway.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6382|S.A. Australia
The nipple ring just sounds like one of the 99 problems is all...
Serious Flex
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6417
Abbie is leaving. Sadface
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6812|NT, like Mick Dundee

99 red balloons.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Brasso
+1,549|6777

girl i like: ask her out before she goes to camp for 7 weeks or after?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6861|Purplicious Wisconsin

haffeysucks wrote:

Flip a coin.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6655

War Man wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Flip a coin.
before.  you will regret it for 7 weeks if you don't.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6296|'straya
Do it before.. that way if she says no the awkwardness should be lessened if u don't see each other for 7 weeks haha
Brasso
+1,549|6777

if said girl says yes, how do i manage the 7 weeks?  i'll be on the opposite side of the world for 1 month of that 7 weeks...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6903|Scotland

haffeysucks wrote:

if said girl says yes, how do i manage the 7 weeks?  i'll be on the opposite side of the world for 1 month of that 7 weeks...
You agree that you can handle it and move on. 7 weeks isn't that long. Just be patient.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6549|dm_maidenhead

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Abbie is leaving. Sadface
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6796
I'm hurt, angry and just generally fucking down.

I've become too attached to my girl but lately she's been trying to tone things down because I'll be in Norway this summer and things will be tough. Unfortunately she's doing it in a weird way by spending less and less time with me using stupid excuses which I'm sick of hearing. She's leaving on sunday, I probably won't see her for 4 months and with all this happening I've just become hurt to the point where all I felt like doing yesterday was crying my fucking eyes out.

I have a love/hate relationship with girls. I love them when they're nice but hate them when they play their stupid games that usually work in an entirely different way then intended.

Bf2s I need a cheering up sesh...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6617
Man up, teddy, University summers are a bitch for everyone. Why don't you do it like everyone else and arrange some (international) visits to each other? Make it an awesome opportunity to introduce your English beehatch to the family, etc. If that's completely out of the question or a big no-no, then I guess her method of trying to "tone things down" before you part is reasonable; perhaps it's just part of her coping mechanism, a bit of emotional self-defense or whatnot. Either that, or your girlfriend genuinely is indifferent and simply cannot wait to get to a free summer of debauchery and blowjobs ahoy-- alas, I do not know your missus well enough to make this call, that is for your own intuition only to decide.

God is love,
Rev.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard