Spine_Taker
+0|5407|Derbyshire
Well said Sammy ... I'd forgtten how easy it was for (admitedly skilled) pilots to rack up huge scores.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
Man, this is brilliant. I've been considering reinstalling and getting back into this, and this is icing on the cake.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450

L.Sammy wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Spine_Taker wrote:

This thread made me laugh when reading abotu jet / chopper pilots complaining about being shot down by ground based AA. For me, a non flyer, shooting using AA is frustrating because as soon as you get in you accept that you'll be dead in 5 seconds .... but frustrated as you get a lock, fire off two missiles which the the heli / jet laugh at and fly off. I wish AA was more poweful!
So you could get easy kills? I wish AA took more skill - guns instead of missiles. In that case, they could be more powerful because you actually would need to aim properly. Otherwise, no. You already have two lock-on fire and forget missiles that are barely effected by flares, yet you complain? pfft
So it takes skill to TV or bomb an AA????????

The AA is that slow at locking on that your dead before you get to shoot. If your lucky and you do get to shoot off 4, then the chopper gets hit by 2 and just TV's you.

If your a pilot of jet or chopper and your saying AA is to powerful, then you really should stay outa jets and choppers.

Also, you say easy kills, i think jets and choppers have a better chance of easy kills by far. I'v never got a KD of 50/0 on AA.
https://www.hthclan.com/smf/gallery/0/188_02_04_08_2_27_15.PNG
A-10 whoring, that one death was me lagging into a pole. AA does need some help, I find it way too easy to get stupid high streaks in aircraft.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2009-06-10 13:28:54)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
Just to let you know, seems there's a Beta 3 coming:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … ost9582104

Bazajaytee wrote:

We have been doing some closed Beta tests with the connection issues we had in Beta 1 and 2. We think we have it and we will be doing a Beta 3. Fingers crossed we'll have it to you soon and it'll work as we want it to.
Posted on 08/06/09.

Last edited by FFLink13 (2009-06-10 15:13:16)

PPSKevin
+2|5523|Mukilteo,Washington, USA
I love being able to play at 1680X1050 on my 22inch LCD
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5969|London ㋛

Bazas reply to a thread over at the EA forums about why there hasn't been an update...

Yeah, sorry there havent been any updates guys. We are currently between programmers to complete the update but we have sorted the connection issues while keeping the extra level of security on the accounts.

We also have some extra news for you regarding Battlefield 2 v1.50 coming so watch out for that. That will go up on www.battlefield.com and here.

Also we have new Twitter

Official BF2 (OfficialBF2) on Twitter and Official BF2142 (OfficialBF2142) on Twitter if you use Twitter.
New news? What'dya reckon, removed IO? Taken away vehicles, probably some drastic change to the game no one asked for that some shit for brains decided would be a good idea.

Pardon my scecpticism but it seems all they've concentrated on with 1.5 is changing the game, not fixing the bugs. I blame the masses.

Last edited by Ec0li (2009-06-17 09:37:27)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6239
Hmm extra news. I wonder what it'll be. Hopefully some sort of nice suprise.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

Seems like making 1.50 is as hard as make my grandmother to use a fucking cellphone...

Last edited by legionair (2009-06-17 14:21:22)

_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6491|Polish state of EU
Beta is dying anyway, it gets harder and harder to find a one fukken single server to play, you cant play anywhere with 8+ players from 08:00 to about 13:00 in GMT+1 time. God damn it. I remember i played Tampa, Sharqui, even the Songhua on beta1 and now? The only choices are Wake, Karkand and OBP -.-
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Hmm extra news. I wonder what it'll be.
Perhaps TrackIR support?
If so, they should pay some money to fund the patch coders a little longer, and probably another map (with in-game advertising, I don't care).

I don't know if the company of that weird Falcon controller paid money, because if they didn't it would really be a shame and a waste of even the smallest time and resources.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5394|Athens, GA
whats up with this shit? really dont feel like readin 40 pages
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5969|Aberdeen, Scotland
Em...my crappy summary (I haven't played it that much);

It's currently on beta2, has been for a few weeks, apparently they are 'between programmers' to complete the patch.

There's a new map, it's not bad...
Clays are now passable when you are prone.
Blackhawk splash is back to 50% of what it originally was.
Prone delay has been increased.
Some supposed tweaks to f35/j10 balance.
Hitreg has been improved (seems a bit be better to me).

Negative points -
Support for 'Novint Falcon' 3d controller seems to be fucking with a lot of people's joystick/controller settings.
Custom localisation files no longer work.
Lots of server connection issues.

Think that's most of the important stuff
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6281

ph1shman420 wrote:

whats up with this shit? really dont feel like readin 40 pages
Patch sucks. Wait till everyone's forced to move to 1.5 before you download it.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5394|Athens, GA
cool thanks
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Well it's a beta patch and while it does add a new map and do some good bug/balance fixes, there are issues with connecting to servers and the controls on jets and shit at the moment but will be resolved in the next iteration of the beta.
san4
The Mas
+311|6658|NYC, a place to live

MrAnderson wrote:

Prone delay has been increased.
That was discarded by popular demand. Prone delay won't change, but accuracy will be reduced for a short time when going prone.

The changelog/summary from the horse's mouth: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … cking.html

I still don't know what changes were made to the F-35 and J-10 other than making the F-35 lock on with the same delay as the other planes.
Laika
+75|5913
What's with custom localization files not working?

Having those were really useful as an admin because you could see who teamkilled who with what weapon.

Bullshit.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England

Ataronchronon wrote:

What's with custom localization files not working?

Having those were really useful as an admin because you could see who teamkilled who with what weapon.

Bullshit.
Seems some twats were abusing them somehow, then.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6679|Charlie One Alpha

Is this for real? A Battlefield 2 patch? Is this some kind of a sick joke?

Next thing you know there'll be a Duke Nuke 'Em Forever demo.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Sgt.Gene
+215|6733
Reinstalling. BF2S still have a server?
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
Beta 3 coming tomorrow with J-10 turning speed reduction, a new TV missile HUD plus another stab at fixing hitreg.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5603|Southern California

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Beta 3 coming tomorrow with J-10 turning speed reduction, a new TV missile HUD plus another stab at fixing hitreg.
SAUCE
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5394|Athens, GA
word
Laika
+75|5913

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Oh nice. Not that any pro like myself needs to see their crosshair.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard