farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6530

fuck hossa he shoulda stayed with the pens so the wings coulda won
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
https://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/62/fullj.6eecaee602aa26c52a2798e29d49ee09/6eecaee602aa26c52a2798e29d49ee09-getty-88035039mh054_stanley_cup_f.jpg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
^^^Lame, it's really a shame. Crosby is such a joke. Maybe if he earned his respect like Messier, Gretzky, Lemieux, Sakic, etc instead of just being the poster boy of the NHL for no real reason, people would like him. But since he gets way too much publicity without earning any respect will make him the #1 target to fan bashing for years to come. Nice going NHL...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

^^^Lame, it's really a shame. Crosby is such a joke. Maybe if he earned his respect like Messier, Gretzky, Lemieux, Sakic, etc instead of just being the poster boy of the NHL for no real reason, people would like him. But since he gets way too much publicity without earning any respect will make him the #1 target to fan bashing for years to come. Nice going NHL...
Are you seriously denying his talent?

I mean Malkin and Ovechkin are better but come on...he's one of the most skilled players the NHL's seen in years.
csmag
+92|6446|Canada
Yeah you're right Crosby is a joke. /sarcasm Hes only scored a shit ton of points in his what, 3 seasons? Hes the youngest captain to win the Stanley Cup. If anything you're lame, the guys worked his ass off if hes over rated or not. The guys entertaining to watch. Thats what I hate about "hockey nuts". Too much time bashing the players and not enough respect for them. You're just like the media in Montreal and they have got to be the most negative media out there, it doesnt help the team.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5596|Vacationland
Well the NHL is running into some issues, I think thet're a little eager to find someone who they can use to draw in viewers.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6638|Montreal, Qc, Canada
I just can't believe it!

What a FKIN nice game!!! The chances for the pens to win the stanley cup in the 7th game on the road was REALLY poor, and they did it!!!

What a save fleury made in the last second's for the game and talbot 2 goald is just

The scenario was just perfect and LOL @ hossa
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Lolwings
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Uhh, point out to me where I said he wasn't good?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

haha fuck detroit.  fake ass sports fans anyway.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5982
I thought they were going to score on that last faceoff; it just had the miracle sort of feel about it. But nothing happened

Is it just me or do Detroit give away the puck a lot (maybe I dont watch enough hockey and this is common)
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

thraSK wrote:

I thought they were going to score on that last faceoff; it just had the miracle sort of feel about it. But nothing happened

Is it just me or do Detroit give away the puck a lot (maybe I dont watch enough hockey and this is common)
I thought the same, and Fleury came up huge.
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6693|Brunei Darussalam

You from Detroit?
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6507

I'm not a huge fan of Crosby, but lets be honest, the kid has skill.  poster boy for no real reason? Maybe its because he is the face of Canada in the NHL.  of the big 3, Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby, Crosby is the only Canadian and he is so talented.  A bit whiny but he is getting better i think.  Hes still young and has a lot of pressure on him.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Did anybody read my last post? I never said he wasn't good but he was the poster boy for the NHL since before he even played an NHL game. The media was all over this kid because he did really well in minors. He's been known to dive and whine a lot in the past and granted, he has picked it up a bit since, but the NHL still praised him through all his crap. Players used to have to earn respect, he was given it...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Did anybody read my last post? I never said he wasn't good but he was the poster boy for the NHL since before he even played an NHL game. The media was all over this kid because he did really well in minors. He's been known to dive and whine a lot in the past and granted, he has picked it up a bit since, but the NHL still praised him through all his crap. Players used to have to earn respect, he was given it...
Yes, he did really well in the minors.

And now he's been amazing in the NHL. If he was a bust in the NHL I'm preeeeeeeeeetty sure that they wouldn't continue to praise him. I don't see anyone praising Dave Chyzowski.

What point are you exactly trying to make?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

this is tough.  i hate shittsburgh. i refuse to buy heinz products thats how sick i am.  but.....yay pittsburgh.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA

Poseidon wrote:

Yes, he did really well in the minors.

And now he's been amazing in the NHL. If he was a bust in the NHL I'm preeeeeeeeeetty sure that they wouldn't continue to praise him. I don't see anyone praising Dave Chyzowski.

What point are you exactly trying to make?
That I can't bring myself to like somebody that was given respect without earning it first.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
5 days 'till the NHL draft! I'm so excited. The official message board is holding a tailgate at 2:00 and then the official draft party starts at 5:30.

I don't care if it's Hedman, Tavares or Duchene at this point. This is the most excited I've ever been for a draft for any sport ever. One of these guys is going to be monumental in shaping (and saving) this franchise. I'm personally favorable towards Tavares although Hedman's an extremely close second.

PLUS, there are a lot of rumors going around that we're going to get the Sedin brothers...I don't really believe them, but we'll see.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Apparently the owners of Montreal Canadiens are gonna sell that club in order to make cash and make things easier, financially, for Liverpool F.C (who they also own)

Football > Hockey

That's my troll post for the day

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-06-21 07:54:42)

skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6314|Canada BC
Who the Hell is Dave Chyzowski?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Montreal was already sold to the Montreal brothers. Probably because the organization turned into a mess this year.

And Poseidon, I have a feeling they'll draft Tavares but IMO, they should sign Hedman. He's not nearly as flashy as Tavares but he'll be a great guy to build a team around for a very long time.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

skipper2666 wrote:

Huge draft bust that was taken by the Islanders at I think #2?

Montreal was already sold to the Montreal brothers. Probably because the organization turned into a mess this year.

And Poseidon, I have a feeling they'll draft Tavares but IMO, they should sign Hedman. He's not nearly as flashy as Tavares but he'll be a great guy to build a team around for a very long time.
That's pretty much how I feel. I want Tavares, but I feel like Hedman will be the better player. It's heart vs. brain.

That being said, I think we might end up getting Hedman which will encourage the Sedin brothers to sign here (all being Swedes and such).

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-06-22 08:35:23)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Poseidon wrote:

skipper2666 wrote:

Huge draft bust that was taken by the Islanders at I think #2?

That's pretty much how I feel. I want Tavares, but I feel like Hedman will be the better player. It's heart vs. brain.

That being said, I think we might end up getting Hedman which will encourage the Sedin brothers to sign here (all being Swedes and such).
New York Swedelanders?

"Heja heja"

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
kenny jonsson motherfucker

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard