Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

blademaster wrote:

k the movie sucked, T2 is still the best Terminator movie, then T1 then T3 then this last one. The last one had too many inconsistencies a lot of stuff didnt fit in right. Also the story was not clear from the beginning and also the story didnt have that awsm presence to it like u would wonder what would happen next. Also it was only T-100, wth happened to T-1000 from T2 and T-X version.
Sarah Connor Chronicles dude.

The inconsistencies are there intentionally. The idea being that what happens in the future isn't set in stone, that they can change things.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
GR34
+215|6546|ALBERTA> CANADA
I gave up on movies a long time ago tbh
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Flecco wrote:

blademaster wrote:

k the movie sucked, T2 is still the best Terminator movie, then T1 then T3 then this last one. The last one had too many inconsistencies a lot of stuff didnt fit in right. Also the story was not clear from the beginning and also the story didnt have that awsm presence to it like u would wonder what would happen next. Also it was only T-100, wth happened to T-1000 from T2 and T-X version.

The inconsistencies are there intentionally. The idea being that what happens in the future isn't set in stone, that they can change things.
I'm sure that is metaphor for the lives of us, that our futures aren't set in stone and we all have the ability to change the road we are taking.
Benzin
+576|6000
I've not read the thread because I don't want you guys to ruin the movie. But should I go and see it this afternoon? Thinking about checking it out after class today.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Switch wrote:

FFS why on earth do modern directors seem to want to do everything in their power to totally ruin great movie franchises?  If Terminator was supposed to be an action film then maybe this would have been half decent.  Terminator is NOT an action film though, it is supposed to have heart.  It is supposed to drag us in and engage us, it should be filled with suspense and even elements of horror.  TS however is devoid of all of these things, all it is is head candy.  The creators sell-out and make it a 12 certificate to boost audiences, which just adds to the lack of intelligence.  There is no character development and the plot is about as robotic as the villains in the movie.

Why can't James Cameron come back to do the Terminator series?

Why can't Ridley Scott come back to do Alien?

Why do they have to go out and ruin two perfectly good movie franchises by incorporating Alien and Predator into one utterly shite film?

Fucks sake.

Rant over.
I dunno, Aliens was better than Alien tbh so if they made a new one Cameron would have to do it. Actually I've seen very little of Alien but I mean c'mon, 'Game over man! Game over!'

loubot wrote:

It was a good movie. Though I thought Terminators outnumbered humans, however that ratio is off in the movie.
TS is set in the sort of early days. In its own right I liked the movie, it was different. Of course it doesn't beat T2, or T1, but its not so much aimed at being the same as them. One thing though which I really wish they would stop doing is making movies all 12's. Srsly, I haven't seen a 15 certificate movie for years. They're either all 12's, or 18's, with the 18 movies generally being horror genre movies.

Films like the new Terminator need extra violence tbh, it would provide more threat.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Macbeth wrote:

Flecco wrote:

blademaster wrote:

I'm sure that is metaphor for the lives of us, that our futures aren't set in stone and we all have the ability to change the road we are taking.
Actually it's just so they can stress the fact that their own accidental inconsistencies and the hard task of reconciling the various plot threads can all be justified by 'but zomfg tiem travel n shit u kno it changez thingz' etc.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

It's probably the most cringe worthy movie of 2009. It was fucking disagraceful. In every way possible.

I actually disturbed the whole cinema with laughter at points because it was just so fucking cliched.

I mean, seriously, what were they thinking
Spoiler (highlight to read):

"It's cold, I need some body warmth....." /BARF
"Everyone deserves a second chance, this is mine..." FUCK SAKE
"The battle has been won, but the war is far from over" OH DEAR FUCKING GOD.

Then, to top it all off, Arnie appears, naked and in CGI form. Fuck fuck fuck.

It was just so retardedly bad I nearly punched the kid who was infront of me because he started clapping at the end.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

Switch wrote:

Why do they have to go out and ruin two perfectly good movie franchises by incorporating Alien and Predator into one utterly shite film?
Utterly shit?  Fuck the plot, fuck the acting, It had Aliens fighting with predators in it. Thats all thats needed.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England

M.O.A.B wrote:

I dunno, Aliens was better than Alien tbh so if they made a new one Cameron would have to do it. Actually I've seen very little of Alien but I mean c'mon, 'Game over man! Game over!'
Don't get me wrong I like Aliens a lot, but imo Alien just edges it.  So for me it would have to be our local lad Ridley.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK

Switch wrote:

The concept of Alien vs. Predator originated from the Aliens versus Predator comic book in 1989, and was hinted at when an Alien skull appeared in a trophy case aboard the Predator ship in Predator 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_vs._Predator_(film)
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Aliens vs Predator was all right, but it lacked the 80's super violence and action that made the original Predator and for me Aliens both awsm.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

every time i see Christian Bale I just hear his rant
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

jsnipy wrote:

He is a bit of a prick in real life, but he is also a fantastic actor.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Zimmer wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

He is a bit of a prick in real life, but he is also a fantastic actor.
American Psycho <3
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England
The films Bale has done recently haven't really showcased how much of an awesome actor he is.

But yeah, American Psycho and The Machinist come to mind.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Switch wrote:

The films Bale has done recently haven't really showcased how much of an awesome actor he is.

But yeah, American Psycho and The Machinist come to mind.
Equilibrium.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Recently he's been playing Second fiddle to everyone, Batman (Ledger) and this one where it's mainly that other dude who's the main guy (forgot his name, the cyborg)

Anyway, the first scenes was good, as were some of the other action scenes (like the bit where he's struggling against a legless terminator) but the film had a few stupid cheesy moments and a ridiculously lame ending. I'd give it a 6/10, a decent action film watchable in the cinema
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Mekstizzle wrote:

Recently he's been playing Second fiddle to everyone, Batman (Ledger) and this one where it's mainly that other dude who's the main guy (forgot his name, the cyborg)
Second fiddle to Aussies m8.

Worthington is from Perth, same as Ledger. Probably one of the worst performances I've seen out of him too. Much better in things like Bootmen and that. He should be good in Avatar.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH

jsnipy wrote:

Me too but I think it helps his character in the movie. True grit.
too_money2007
+145|6310|Keller, Tx
Biggest problem with T:S is that McG directed it. He's an awful director. The movie could not have escaped the crapfest he had in line for us.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5498|England

Macbeth wrote:

Didn't see it yet, but going to just because Sam Worthington is in it.
lol
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5937

usmarine wrote:

"you are the resistance"
lol

I saw it Saturday, I thought it was a good movie.

I thought it was so Hollywood shitty when I saw the guy fall into the water and bounce off at like 300 mph and survive, then later he's a robot
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
MOTORTERMINATORS!

Me and my friend burst out in laughter and couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5937

Sydney wrote:

MOTORTERMINATORS!

Me and my friend burst out in laughter and couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.
lol that was pretty funny
Dookie0119
+43|5779
I enjoyed Terminator Salvation. It was definitely better than Rise of the Machines and just about as good as T1. But far from being as good as T2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard