Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5597|Vacationland
I have a large yellow and blue bruise/bump on my leg from playing indoor soccer without any shin guards.
We weren't playing with offsides so a couple people on the other team were cherry picking and I was goalie.  So when they cleared it I rushed the guy with the ball and dove just in time to rap it up before he kicked it.  The problem is that I'm use to having shin guards, which had been so stupidly forgotten at home, on when I play goalie so I always turn my shins towards the kicker. You can probably guess what happened next, it that hurt pretty bad. Good thing the guy didn't have a very hard shot or I might have broken my leg.

Last edited by Narupug (2009-06-06 09:56:55)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
Yummy

https://i40.tinypic.com/2mmg7sl.jpg

Yeah i'm suffering a little bit at the mo
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
TravisC555
+118|6219|Cox Convention Center, OK
I was at a water park, in fact I think it was at Disney World, I was going down a water slide, the sides were made of concrete for some reason. For some stupid reason I put my right arm down to try and stop myself from going down, don't know why I did that, but it hurt a lot. I still have a faint scar from it, it was at least 10 years ago.

Recently I got scratched on the back by a tiny  tree branch (think of it as twig size).
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6354|West NY

m3thod wrote:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mmg7sl.jpg

What are those? tonsils? idk...what are they

Poseidon wrote:

Nothing major, but:

Broke my left small toe when I was about 10
Broke my rib in the summer of '06 playing Water Polo (lel)
Broke my finger in the summer of '07

That's all.
Water polo wut

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Okay, I'm a big biker.... then I turn around and here "Thump!" and look back and he fainted xD
Hahah. Good thing you were unhurt and your friend's alright.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5548|paris
I've always had something with my knees, ancles and a bit with my lungs..
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK

Noobpatty wrote:

m3thod wrote:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mmg7sl.jpg

What are those? tonsils? idk...what are they

Poseidon wrote:

Nothing major, but:

Broke my left small toe when I was about 10
Broke my rib in the summer of '06 playing Water Polo (lel)
Broke my finger in the summer of '07

That's all.
Water polo wut

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Okay, I'm a big biker.... then I turn around and here "Thump!" and look back and he fainted xD

they were removed from my torso.  That big one was buried inside me, boy did i feel that one as it came out.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-06-06 11:02:00)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Probably the most serious injury I've had (that isn't even serious at all) was a broken wrist... from skateboarding

Practically broke one of my big toes when a friend tackled me in the middle of a step, so his and my weight was all on this one toe. I can now crack/click/pop it on command; heh, annoys people a lot when I do that.

Almost broke one of my pinky fingers when someone threw a basketball at me and I opened my hand to catch it, but not fast enough. Finger was worse than jammed.

Almost broke one of my ankles when jumping down a set of stairs. I was only trying to skip the last few steps. Landed on the outside of my foot instead of the bottom (basically rolled it, but at the same time put a ton of weight on it). It was at school, too. Started swelling up to the size of a baseball and I had to hobble down the rest of the stairs and then hop to the nearest office

The most grusome injury I had was when I was in elementary school. I was riding a skateboard, but on my knees. I was in the street and going up someone's driveway, and the little lip of concrete was just high enough to send me faceplanting at full speed. My nose was bleeding everywhere and if I didn't have braces, I probably would've knocked some teeth out. I ran inside crying and looked in the mirror and my teeth were crooked as hell and the braces were bent in funky directions. I remember my little sister crying and asking my parents if I was gonna die. Fortunately I didn't die, and still have my own teeth, nice and straight
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6113|SC | USA |
When I was in Kindegarden, I was playing on one of those rocking play-chairs. I fell and broke my left wrist. I was actually born left-handed, and due to the the short amount of time I had been writing, I actually switched to being right-handed. It actually allowed me to be ambidextrous.
wensleydale8
+81|6769|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
Broke both bones in my arm snowborading
Broken 6 fingers
ground the flesh off of my cheek back to the bone once well i fell over
fractured my skull once, nearly twice
given myself concussion deafness
being kicked in the head by a horse twice several years apart
crushed the end of my finger in a gate when I was about 5
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5936

Noobpatty wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

wat?

Why did you edit it like that?

What I meant is, we like to ride our bikes, and that one time...well...he sorta "Messed up" big time I can't believe I didn't fall either, you have to have lucky/amazing timing not to totally /face-cement there...
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6634|England

usmarine wrote:

The most definitive picture of the national obesity crisis to date has found that Australians now outweigh Americans and face a future "fat bomb" that could cause 123,000 premature deaths over the next two decades.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/health/au … 86872.html
After they die America rightly reclaims 4th position.

Last edited by -=]DeatH1337[=- (2009-06-06 13:21:39)

Wallpaper
+303|5994|The pool
Was about an hour or so away from dying (or being paralyzed) from HIB when I was a baby. Im allergic to nickel and didnt find it out until about a month or two ago... Problem with that was I had REALLY bad rashes since I was 6 (10+ solid years) because of it. So basically I had an oozing open wound for 2/3rds of my life

Aside from that nothing really. I guess Im lucky, no broken bones, tonsil shit or anything like that
wensleydale8
+81|6769|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
oh yeah and when i was born i had to be resuscitated as I found out a few months ago i died albeit for about 30 seconds.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6755
It is always fun to watch kids fighting in a sandbox and calling each other fat...

I don't know if I can call this an injury, but:
one of my worst experience was when I had my tonsils removed. For starters all you need to know that Hungarian health care can be sometimes a bit dangerous(I wrote another little story about another of my operations here which I don't care to search now).

I got a tranquilizer pill before the operation(no anesthetics this time). Which was cool, but the problem was that there were so many patients waiting for the operation, and only one surgeon, that by the time I was next the pill's effects wore off, so I was anything but relaxed.

They usually start with tieing(sp?) your limbs onto the chair(not just for kids, it is for safety reasons), which they did not do with me for some reason. 2nd step would be to chock your jaw with two plastic pegs, again for safety reasons, but they missed this step also. After that came the local anesthetic , for some reason they did not give it near my tonsil, but the back of my throat...

Then the actual operation began: I don't know what they did exactly, all I know is that it hurt like hell. I could not control my swallow reflexes and half of the blood was pouring out of my mouth, the other half down to my stomach.  Before the operation I got a nice little apron which had a little pocket in the chest area. When the surgeon couldn't see because of the blood, he asked me to bow forward and spit into the pocket. Well, I tried: I bowed forward but couldn't spit, so I just let the blood/spit pour out of my mouth.

When the doc needed a new instrument he needed both of his hands(in lack of an assistant), he asked me to  bite on the instruments which were in my mouth so they wont swing around. The bad thing was that when I did this, I could not let the blood pour out of mouth(I swallowed a LOT of blood). After a while I have reached the end of my pain tolerance and started passing out(saw stars and realized that my eyes are open but cant see a damn thing). At that time I got a bit scared. I thought that if I pass out, I will choke to death in my own blood. So I tried to tell the doc that I was passing out(with a bunch of metal instruments and one hand in my mouth while having a local anesthetic). At my third attempt(thank god) he understood what was happening, so he asked me to bite on the tools again, and when I did, he moved the chair into a horizontal position. That was the second time I swallowed a LOT of blood.

After that he finished the operation, my tonsils were out, and I looked like a brain dead zombie. But the fun was not over yet: that night because the amount of blood in my stomach I puked a lot which torn my stitches open, so they had to sew it together again. Normally it would take about 3-4 days for the stitches to heal that much so you can eat. I could not eat anything solid for one straight month. My daily food was some kind of cream soup through a straw and 2 painkiller injections(I have lost over 12kg/26lb during that time), and I could not talk, walked around with a pen and a scribbling-block in case i wanted to communicate.
So yeah, I hope others do not have such shit memories of their tonsil removals.

(I know the text has many "misleading" phrases like: bite on the tools so they cant swing around etc. Feel free to misunderstand these phrases, it is because my lack of vocabulary)

Last edited by (HUN)Rudebwoy (2009-06-06 14:42:06)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

It is always fun to watch kids fighting in a sandbox and calling each other fat...

[wall]

After that he finished the operation, my tonsils were out, and I looked like a brain dead zombie. But the fun was not over yet: that night because the amount of blood in my stomach I puked a lot which torn my stitches open, so they had to sew it together again. Normally it would take about 3-4 days for the stitches to heal that much so you can eat. I could not eat anything solid for one straight month. My daily food was some kind of cream soup through a straw and 2 painkiller injections(I have lost over 12kg/26lb during that time), and I could not talk, walked around with a pen and a scribbling-block in case i wanted to communicate.
So yeah, I hope others do not have such shit memories of their tonsil removals.

(I know the text has many "misleading" phrases like: bite on the tools so they cant swing around etc. Feel free to misunderstand these phrases, it is because my lack of vocabulary)
Whoa dude, that sucks. How long was that ago? And I guess you recovered completely ...
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6755
It was 6 years ago, when I was 17, and fortunately I did not suffer any permanent scar or damage. But since then I try to live healthy because I dont want to die cause of poor healthcare
(One of our top athletes died this way, during a training session he had some kind of heart failure, and it took 40 minutes for the ambulance to arrive... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW_wJqh0Xs )
One tip if anyone plans to visit hungary: dont do anything stupid, try not to get sick, break bones, have an accident because there is a chance that you will be worse off in the hospital.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6327|Australia
-When I was in the sixth grade, I was riding my scooter home when the wheel got stuck in the pavement, causing me to suddenly stop. I flipped over the handlebars and faceplanted on the concrete. Got some nice big scabs on my face from that.

-I fractured a bone in my hand from punching someone when I was in the eighth grade.

-More recently I've been getting burnt at work. I'm a baker and I operate the ovens, so I have a nice collection of burns on my hands/arms. On top of that, the skin on my fingers get dried out and cracked and I get these rashes on my hands/wrists. It gets really annoying when my hands contact fabric, 'cause all the dry skin catches and flakes off.
Fun Fun Fun.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Rudebwoy wrote:

I don't know if I can call this an injury, but: one of my worst experience was when I had my tonsils removed
Holy cow! Don't they give you general anaesthetic in Hungary?
Come to thing of it I nearly bled to death having my tonsils out, surgeon slipped and didn't notice apparently.
I was discovered in recovery still bleeding.
Didn't really count that as an injury though, as I wasn't doing anything stupid at the time.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-06-07 01:11:09)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6755

Dilbert_X wrote:

Holy cow! Don't they give you general anaesthetic in Hungary?
If by general anesthetic  you mean that they put you to sleep then no they dont. You get local anesthetic, so you are awake. Of course in an ideal situation you get the anesthetic in the right place and the tranquilizer pill's effect does not wear off by the time of your operation.

I though that getting only local anesthetic at a  tonsil removal operation is a world-wide practice, because it is only a "quick" routine operation and you being asleep is not imperative, because the anesthetic gas has it's own risks too. Besides here they need you to be conscious because most hospitals dont have that tube thing that sucks blood/spit out of your mouth, (and if they do they are saving it for patients in critical condition), so you have to keep your mouth clean during OP.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
Fell off my bike Saturday my arm hurts.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Screw that.
UK used to be GA, not sure about now.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Just bit a small piece of teeth off *sigh*
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

Noobpatty, how does everybody break their collar bones? On a skateboard bro.

Also had a rusty nail go all the way through my foot. Bit like Mr. Jesus except it wasn't a hugely thick one. Just had a hole in my foot about the width of a biro, not massively huge iron nails (pretty big hole at age 6).

@ Ted, lol'd @ the morphine etc. Must make a great party story now.

@ Brad, biking accidents... We've all had them. I've been really lucky with the various push bike accidents.

@ Dilbert.... Fuck that. Your whole medical history is fucked m8.

@ Ty... https://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/Flecco/facepalmemote.gif
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6405|NSW, Australia

I've never broken a bone, I'm indestructible
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6354|West NY

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Why did you edit it like that?
Just shortening it.

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

I don't know if I can call this an injury, but...
Holy crap. That sounds fuckin' terrible

Flecco wrote:

Noobpatty, how does everybody break their collar bones? On a skateboard bro.

Also had a rusty nail go all the way through my foot. Bit like Mr. Jesus except it wasn't a hugely thick one. Just had a hole in my foot about the width of a biro, not massively huge iron nails (pretty big hole at age 6).
Ah damn. How exactly did you break your collar bone? God I miss typin with 2 hands

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard