Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

DeathUnlimited wrote:

From how it looks I might pay a tenner for it but a full game with retail price of that same 50e, no way man. Like BF2 - 2142 all over again.
I still haven't played 2142. But yeah if it is a substabtial add-on with sereral campaigns and survival maps for these new characters then it would be worth about £10. It would not justify £30.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Haha what I find funny is how excited Ty was for the first game, look who's playing!
Bottom left name, so Ty fill us in?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Peter wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

From how it looks I might pay a tenner for it but a full game with retail price of that same 50e, no way man. Like BF2 - 2142 all over again.
I still haven't played 2142. But yeah if it is a substabtial add-on with sereral campaigns and survival maps for these new characters then it would be worth about £10. It would not justify £30.
2142 could be considered an official mod to BF2. Not a full game.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
Won't be buying.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I wonder who will be the first to port all the new maps and characters into L4D.
Broodbeleg
+34|5822|The Netherlands
I totally agree with Spidery.

The trailers let us see zombies in daylight woohoo, since when do we have zombies in daylight? Zombies are scary, so you put them in the dark. And it totally looks like L4D, just with other characters and even the same sounds, some like the bat, are stolen from TF2.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6573|Philadelphia, PA
The fuck? No Episode 3? no Portal 2?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Peter wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

2142 could be considered an official mod to BF2. Not a full game.
If you want to use that logic then most fps games are mods of Quake these days. 2142 was similar to bf2 but the changes to the class system were enough to warrant a full game because if they'd done that to bf2 the backlash would have been massive, especially after the whole 1.2 thing.

Methinks I've been trolled here though. Forked out quite a bit for a 4 pack for me and my mates and never really got much enjoyment out of it thanks to problems with finding servers and such.

Fucking Turtle Rock.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
People on the Steam forums do love to overdramatise. But it did make me laugh.

JoshuaC wrote:

Valve
(As we both knew and loved them)
1996-2009

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I wonder who will be the first to port all the new maps and characters into L4D.
about 10 minutes. basically its just new skins for characters, a few actual new weapons and maps that probably aren't half as good as some of the community maps that will be made in the next year or two for the original L4D.

From the demo videos it looks like they have done shit all with the gameplay. If this game includes some form of barricading or moving objects similar to grav gun so that survival is more dynamic and entertaining then i might possibly buy it.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Gonna have to start chilling on the steam forums more. Funny shit tbh.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

Vilham wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

about 10 minutes. basically its just new skins for characters, a few actual new weapons and maps that probably aren't half as good as some of the community maps that will be made in the next year or two for the original L4D.

From the demo videos it looks like they have done shit all with the gameplay. If this game includes some form of barricading or moving objects similar to grav gun so that survival is more dynamic and entertaining then i might possibly buy it.
I don't think a grav gun would quite fit into L4D's style...
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Peter wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Well how about that revolutionary tool to move objects known as.... HANDS.

Or even a glock with burst fire. That's what got to me about survival mode.... Its better with the zombie mods in css because you can barricade yourself into rooms and shit.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Come on Valve, announce something amazing during the E3 press conference to make up for this.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

Flecco wrote:

Peter wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Well how about that revolutionary tool to move objects known as.... HANDS.

Or even a glock with burst fire. That's what got to me about survival mode.... Its better with the zombie mods in css because you can barricade yourself into rooms and shit.
indeed i was refering to hands, in all HL2 based source mods you can pick items up, they basically just float in front of you like with the grav gun. ZombieMaster is fucking awesome for that one reason, making barricades to stop the zombies, zombies had the AI to break prop_physics in front of them, using similar code to the big ant lions i think and the Zombie Master had tools to destroy barricades or spawn jumping zombies.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

Flecco wrote:

Gonna have to start chilling on the steam forums more. Funny shit tbh.
I can feel brain cells dying when I read some of the shit in there.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Yeah, unless properly protected, the Steam forums will drastically reduce your intelligence.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
That must be why I failed uni this year I have over 2,500 posts there

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-06-01 13:42:41)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6323|West NY
Holy shit
2 BLACK PROTAGONISTS IN A VIDEO GAME!
Is that like the first time they did that or what
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
But do either of them want peeeeeeels?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
What other games let you play as a hick?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Noobpatty wrote:

Holy shit
That's what blew it for me. I refuse to play this game now.

On another note: where are the Asian videogame protagonists? I bet if they threw a Korean guy in there, he'd be headshotting the zombies like crazy with all his CS skills. (Plus the voice dialog would be hilarious with a thick accent; "Harro! I see zombie! Take dat asswhore!"
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6323|West NY

mtb0minime wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Holy shit
That's what blew it for me. I refuse to play this game now.

On another note: where are the Asian videogame protagonists? I bet if they threw a Korean guy in there, he'd be headshotting the zombies like crazy with all his CS skills. (Plus the voice dialog would be hilarious with a thick accent; "Harro! I see zombie! Take dat asswhore!"
stereotypical racism, kban.

This game looks like it's hit or miss. The changes seem nice but it's nothing drastic. It still has that cartoony look, I'd say. But silver pump shotgun + spas 12 = . I also like the hit detection where if a zombie is running at you and you shoot it in say, the shoulder it'll physically react accordingly
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
So is this shipping with EP3 or what?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard