Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Is this going to be a goddamn rerun of last year?
Bleh. Just hand the Redwings the stanleymug already and end this season. Pens don't have shit on them this year either.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Damn Hawks lost again

Hey, does anyone know what has happened to Jeff Friesen? Didn't play the whole season. Did he quit? That guy was one of my favorite players back in the late 90's.
You seriously didn't think Hawks could stand up to the Wings did you??? Man, those Hawks are getting killed out there. They loose the final game tonight and Wings will be ready for the finals yet again.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Boo Penguins go west!!! I'm still rooting for the Blackhawks!! Either way, they might as well keep the Cup in like Indiana until they figure out who officially wins the west.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Poseidon wrote:

Let's hear the predictions, boys.

Detroit in 6

Pens in 7
I called it, just not the amount of games
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Boooo! Same finals with what are going to be the same results.
Ultrafunkula

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Boooo! Same finals with what are going to be the same results.
Ya. 2-0 and Evgenia lost his head.

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
lol, that ref got the shit beaten out of him.

Pens have been down 2 before (Caps series). They can make another comeback.
Ultrafunkula

Poseidon wrote:

Highly doubt it.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Wings are just by far the better team. I don't understand why Pens fans think they'll win when since Wings got better in the offseason and Pens got worse. If the Pens couldn't win it last year, I don't see how they could win it this year. Do they think the addition of players like Kunitz and Guerin is really going to give them a boost? Especially after they lost somebody like Hossa? Yeah, ok, Pens fans are a little too optimistic.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
I hate Detroit in every sport

and...

how do the Penguins always end up with the Mario's and Sidneys
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Because they suck so much that they finally get a couple really good draft picks in a row. That's why I hate Pittsburgh even more. Everybody's talking about how great management is in Pittsburgh for the elite team they brought up. And how did they bring up this team? By being the worst team in the league since Jagr left and being the joke. Now that they got a couple 1st and 2nd overall picks in a row, they got to draft the elite players that entered the draft in those years and now are dominating... I really don't mind Detroit, but at this point, I can't stand Pittsburgh so I'm rooting for the Wings.
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6620|Auteuil, Laval
Jacques Martin to be Montréal coach.
The news is supposed to come out at 2:00PM from a press conference made by Gainey.

Now if we only knew who is going to be the owner of that team.
I've heard on the radio this morning that the bets are at around $600 millions to buy the team!!!
It's not worth that much, come on!  Somebody must be inflating the price with helium.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Poseidon will enjoy this one:

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2009/06/jt/

I don't blame him really, the Canadian media is ridiculous with NHL teams and have driven players out of there so many time. Can anybody remember the last goalie that wasn't driven out of teams like Montreal and Vancouver? Hell, after a bad last game of the playoffs, Vancouver's already telling the team to trade Luongo!!

edit - and yay B's resigned Krejci for a bargain of $3.75mil/year for 3 years

And I just saw this commercial, pure brilliance:

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2009-06-03 07:39:18)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Highly doubt it.

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Poseidon will enjoy this one:

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2009/06/jt/

I don't blame him really, the Canadian media is ridiculous with NHL teams and have driven players out of there so many time. Can anybody remember the last goalie that wasn't driven out of teams like Montreal and Vancouver? Hell, after a bad last game of the playoffs, Vancouver's already telling the team to trade Luongo!!

edit - and yay B's resigned Krejci for a bargain of $3.75mil/year for 3 years

And I just saw this commercial, pure brilliance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYwA9s-hjMs
Agreed, fuck the Canadian media. It's clear to me Tavares wants to be here...

although I still don't know why...
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway
Oh my fucking Odin!!! Pittsburgh took a hell of a beating last night. Detroit crushed them 5-0 and scored 4 of those in the 2nd period! Blysma even pulled Fleury and replaced him with Giron. I don't like Pittsburgh very much, but Fleury has been a living wall this playoff season. They wouldn't have reached the finals without his help.

And Detroit finally got their powerplay working. They had three powerplay goals.

But the main difference was that Datsyuk played this match. He was awesome! This series will end at Tuesday folks. Detroit wins 4-2 with a empty net goal as the KO goal.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6639|Montreal, Qc, Canada
GO PENS GO!!!

It's still possible, even if detroit is 11-1 at home!

Last edited by Andoura (2009-06-09 22:46:49)

Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6620|Auteuil, Laval
To the limit!  Great!
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6381|Oslo, Norway
Argh!!! This game pissed me off. Pittsburgh got two easy powerplays for shitty penalty callings. Pens got two easy goals for poorly defending. But now it can't be more exciting! Series tied at 3 and the final match on friday. In Oslo the match will start at 2 a.m. (local time) but this match is too good to miss!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
goin shop

want a cornetto?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

yeah please, and pick up a packet of crisps, cheese n onion please, oh and a bottle of lucazade, or irn bru
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Both teams are 3-0 at home in the series. Red Wings are 11-1 at home in the series. Overall, Detroit is still the better team. IMO, Detroit will win for sure unless the refs fuck the game up, but I still think it'll be a close game with a battle of the goalies.
csmag
+92|6447|Canada
talbotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
this is absolutely crazy
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Marian Hossa is officially cursed.

Congratulations to the Penguins. Especially Bill Guerin.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-06-12 19:39:22)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
A++++ to the league for giving Malkin the Conn Smyth.

Great, now I have to hear it from all the annoying Pittsburgh fans who seem to act like they're the best fans ever even though their fanbase was nearly non-existent a few years ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard