Microwave
_
+515|6626|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Question.

I have a few games installed on a different hard drive to my system drive. I reformatted my system drive, is there any way I can install these games again just using the installed data on the separate drive?

I don't have the installers anymore.

Thanks
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6118|Texas
Find the executable in the game folder and run it. If it doesn't work you probs need to mess with the registry.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Depends on the game. With some (not many) you'll be ok with just the directory structure. Typically there will be a fair amount of regediting to be done though - should be straightforward though, you can export the relevant reg settings from the machine they're installed on.
Microwave
_
+515|6626|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Bertster7 wrote:

Depends on the game. With some (not many) you'll be ok with just the directory structure. Typically there will be a fair amount of regediting to be done though - should be straightforward though, you can export the relevant reg settings from the machine they're installed on.
I don't have the 'machine / registry' it was installed on.

I had Vista on C: and these games installed on D: I wiped the C: therefore loosing any registry entries.

So now I have a clean install of Vista on C: and all the 'installed data' on D: but no link to make it all work!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
I done it before with certain games by just making a shortcut to the exe. and running the games. They aren't in the registry or anything but they still run fine.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6110|New Jersey
It would be much easier and less time consuming to just reinstall the games.  There's no simple way to do what you want to do.  Don't go crazy trying to edit the registry on your fresh Vista install.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

james@alienware wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I don't have the 'machine / registry' it was installed on.

I had Vista on C: and these games installed on D: I wiped the C: therefore loosing any registry entries.

So now I have a clean install of Vista on C: and all the 'installed data' on D: but no link to make it all work!
Oh dear.

That'll most likely be quite fiddley.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard