ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

I found a course in the UK to get my license for 1200 pounds. Is that a good deal? It seemed about what I expected. Also, it says the cost of jumping decreases greatly once you have your license, does anyone know how much by?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

Fucking hell, the site says solo jumps once qualified are as little as 13 per jump?! That can't be right surely?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

ghettoperson wrote:

Fucking hell, the site says solo jumps once qualified are as little as 13 per jump?! That can't be right surely?
Depends on where you are.

In California I think that its 10 jumps, or you can take a long-ass class and do it.

I've done it twice. If I had more money I would go for jump master
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5738|Gulf Coast

ghettoperson wrote:

I went sky diving a couple of times a few years back and talk to someone there about getting a license and/or working as a tandem instructor. He said that people w/ a license show up in the morning and hop in with the tandem customers if there's room. i guess you'd just be chipping in on fuel?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
this thread needs more military
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK

ghettoperson wrote:

yup thats about right. Are you going for a AFF course. I was thinking of that but its pretty damn expensive compared with a RAPS course.

Once you qualify its about 15-20 a jump, obviously you need your own equipment for that price though, I think a paracute alone costs £1000 and the rest of the kit like jump suit is several hundred. So unless your getting your own gear you would still need to rent it, which takes the price up to about 40 quid a jump.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

FatherTed wrote:

this thread needs more military
Unless you are special forces you don't even pull your own cord.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

I've been twice now.  That price sounds about right for being ceritified.  I know when we went they were trying to sell us on the certification package, saying that it can be as low as like $15 per jump.

As for the class (at least in Cali) to be certified, you can solo jump with no certification after passing a 5 hour class.  It's pretty long and boring, but it is waaay more exhilerating jumping by yourself as opposed to tandem.  The certification itself is 12 seperate jumps iirc, with each jump focusing on different moves (I know you have to be able to backflip out and you have to be able to do a multi-person jump and lock up, but that's all I can remember right now).  You also have to factor in buying/packing your own 'chute after certification, so think about it and good luck!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

Vilham wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

yup thats about right. Are you going for a AFF course. I was thinking of that but its pretty damn expensive compared with a RAPS course.

Once you qualify its about 15-20 a jump, obviously you need your own equipment for that price though, I think a paracute alone costs £1000 and the rest of the kit like jump suit is several hundred. So unless your getting your own gear you would still need to rent it, which takes the price up to about 40 quid a jump.
Yeah it's the AFF course. Man, I'd love to have my own chute... *dreams*
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5996|Blue Mountain State
Join the military and do it for free like me.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
lilbaily2
+12|6659|OH
I went to Airborne school in Benning does that count?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

It doesn't count unless you get at least 40 seconds worth of freefall and you get to pull your own ripcord.
1stSFOD-Delta

lilbaily2 wrote:

I went to Airborne school in Benning does that count?
Thats what I'm doing, but I guess it's not the same thing as skydiving. All you have to do is close your eyes and step out and it pulls the chute open for you.

Baba Booey
1stSFOD-Delta

ghettoperson wrote:

It doesn't count unless you get at least 40 seconds worth of freefall and you get to pull your own ripcord.
Yeah well I still get to shoot people afterwords

Baba Booey
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

You make a fair point. Perhaps one day someone will combine paintball with skydiving.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

ghettoperson wrote:

You make a fair point. Perhaps one day someone will combine paintball with skydiving.
The blind can't skydive.

It scares the shit out of their guide dogs.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6276|B.C. Canada
I cant wait to jump out of planes when I get into the military

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard