wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/

Just seen this on the steam update looks quite scary! £11.99 seems a bargain!
Your thoughts on this, you can level up your players and shit.

Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS taking place in the devastated cities and countryside of England, after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military, dropped into these locations with a simple mission: survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments. The only problem is, these “experiments” aren’t waiting to be taken out – they’re coming for YOU!
Key features:

* Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens

* Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities

* Over 40 Steam Achievements, including “Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates’ corpses and “Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow.

* Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer

* Solo game mode for offline play

* 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers

* 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower

* Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive

* Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors

* Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde

* Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters

* Support for Steam Friends and other Steamworks features

* Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods

Last edited by wah1188 (2009-04-29 11:46:50)

GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5902|CA
This game looks super sweet.  I wonder why I haven't heard about it before...
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Judging by the gameplay vids it's fucking horrible lol.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Mugen
+19|5969
based on the ut2k4 engine, was originally a mod, searched on youtube for gameplay vids, looks horrible & less fun than L4D.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Eh, I'll wait for a demo.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516
If you own UT2k4 here is v2.5 of the Mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor … g-floor-25
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
It´s from the same dudes that made Red Orchestra. So expect clunky gameplay, horrible animations and ugly graphics. Trailer was scary though.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6360

Sisco10 wrote:

It´s from the same dudes that made Red Orchestra. So expect clunky gameplay, horrible animations and ugly graphics. Trailer was scary though.
What, tripwhatever?  I wonder how big the maps will be this time.

EDIT: But seeing as Biotech is part of it (as another company) it should be alright.  They did a nice job with Knights of the Old Republic for the graphics of the time.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-04-30 02:01:21)

Brasso
+1,549|6600

rofl, the "siren" on the website is the "screamer" from l4d.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Sisco
+493|6313

some_random_panda wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

What, tripwhatever?  I wonder how big the maps will be this time.

EDIT: But seeing as Biotech is part of it (as another company) it should be alright.  They did a nice job with Knights of the Old Republic for the graphics of the time.
Yeah, tripwire. Seeing the trailer of it shows Biotech obviously hadn´t a big impact on the graphical design...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6360

My bad, I just remembered.  Bioware was the company, Biotech is just fictional for the purposes of the game.  Stupid me.

I've lost all hope for a good game now.
Sisco
+493|6313

some_random_panda wrote:

My bad, I just remembered.  Bioware was the company, Biotech is just fictional for the purposes of the game.  Stupid me.

I've lost all hope for a good game now.
Lol, no problem. It somehow rang a bell somewhere, but giving up the hope seems like a good idea. I´m curious if someone here is crazy enough to buy this?!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
I actually prepurchased this game today for just $15. I don't see why everybody thinks it's going to be awful. The gameplay looks very similar to Left 4 Dead except darker/scarier. If anything, it looks like a more in depth version of L4D since it at least has perks/classes instead of just go from point a to point b while shooting zombies. Anyway, I'll post on here when it's released giving my thoughts.
Sisco
+493|6313

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I actually prepurchased this game today for just $15. I don't see why everybody thinks it's going to be awful. The gameplay looks very similar to Left 4 Dead except darker/scarier. If anything, it looks like a more in depth version of L4D since it at least has perks/classes instead of just go from point a to point b while shooting zombies. Anyway, I'll post on here when it's released giving my thoughts.
Well, L4D was never intended to be that indepth through Perks and levelups, cause of the scenario. Not special forces, but stranded survivors.
The main reason for thinking it´s aweful is that it´s done by the Red Orchestra guys. And that game was, well, "special". Plus the trailer is scary, but shows pretty crappy animations and graphics.
Anyways, I´m still interested how that game is, so if you´ll write your experiences once you got it, that would be great.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

'special'???

I liked RO. Was funny killing everybody on the infantry servers.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
OK, I got to play this for a bit but not much. I believe they're having problems with dedicated servers but I played maybe an hour or two of single player. Single player is a pain in the ass because it's you against the zombies without bots helping you. To top it off, my computer isn't exactly up to date so lots of zombies on screen makes me lag. Anyway, here's the way I see the game.

After playing it, this game really shouldn't be compared to L4D. The only comparable aspect of it is the fact that you're on a team surviving a zombie outbreak. You get money for killing zombies and can spend money on weapons, armor, and ammo. You can also find weapons/armor/ammo lying around and pick them up for free which can come in handy. There aren't really "classes" per se like you'd expect by reading the description. Instead, you have all the abilities as one soldier but have the choice of 6 different perks which you can level at the same time instead of just playing the perk you're leveling. For example, one perk is leveled by doing 10,000 melee damage, another is 200 healing points, another is kill 30 stalkers and do 25,000 bullpup damage. You can slowly level all of these perks at the same time. Say if you select the perk for the bullpup and you do melee damage, you'll still level that perk.

This game is definitely a lot scarier than L4D. Hell, at times it seems scarier than the earlier Resident Evils or FEAR. The common zombies, I think they're called clots, are basically average speed. No running but they aren't necessarily walking. If they get close to you, they will grab you and you can't move. This can be a pain in the butt, especially when you're playing solo. To top it off, when you take damage, the screen goes pretty dark red so you can't really see what's going on. The game in general is a lot darker and there are several areas where you can't see at all unless you use your flashlight which is only on your generic handgun. To make things even more scary, there's a zombie type called stalker. These fuckers are invisible until they start attacking you. A perk allows you to see them within 4 meters but even then it might be too late. So you have to really stand on your toes and stay calm because there are a lot of "OH SHIT!!" moments in the game.

As for the actual gameplay, it's pretty good. The hit registration is good. The only weird thing is there isn't a crosshair in the game. You could aim but if you've played enough FPS over time, you should be fine without the crosshair. You fight off a wave and run to the trader to buy weapons in between. You can also give money to other people for everybody to be strong for each round because they do get tougher and tougher.

Overall, it is a really fun game and for $15-20 ($15 pre-sale, don't know if it's still $15 but it was last time I checked after it was released) and it's pretty scary. If you want more of a realistic zombie survival game, drop L4D and get this game ASAP. Even if you don't want a more realistic game, I'd still suggest buying it since it is cheap and it's still a really fun game.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Needs a demo. Or a free trial.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
Alright, I just played for 2 hours online after dumbing down my graphics enough to not be choppy and it's fun as fuck. It's so much better playing with people and they're actually mostly pretty good. This is why I was sick of L4D, way too many idiots and then they yell at you for their own stupidity. I still haven't seen anybody die yet because they stick together and heal when possible and they don't even think twice before giving other people plenty of money. If you want a fresh change from L4D after being pissed at idiots, I definitely suggest picking this game up. Even though the community is pretty small, it's definitely better than L4D's.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Alright, I just played for 2 hours online after dumbing down my graphics enough to not be choppy and it's fun as fuck. It's so much better playing with people and they're actually mostly pretty good. This is why I was sick of L4D, way too many idiots and then they yell at you for their own stupidity. I still haven't seen anybody die yet because they stick together and heal when possible and they don't even think twice before giving other people plenty of money. If you want a fresh change from L4D after being pissed at idiots, I definitely suggest picking this game up. Even though the community is pretty small, it's definitely better than L4D's.
Online interactions may vary (over time).

Once you've built up a cadre of like-minded buddies in L4D, it isn't so bad. I've been gaming with a couple for years now, and found a few new ones on random (yes) servers.

Just pick through the servers like you'd select apples at the produce department: ditch the rotten ones. Remember, it isn't a rage quit if it's for taste.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-05-15 16:04:20)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6719|Mark it zero.
I played with 5 other friends for like 6 hours and thought this game was a ton of fun. we tried playing on hard and it gets insane and scary. it is sooo much more fun with friends. it is a great buy for only $15
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Online interactions may vary (over time).

Once you've built up a cadre of like-minded buddies in L4D, it isn't so bad. I've been gaming with a couple for years now, and found a few new ones on random (yes) servers.

Just pick through the servers like you'd select apples at the produce department: ditch the rotten ones. Remember, it isn't a rage quit if it's for taste.
That's the problem with the game though. You have to play with friends and if you can't find a group of people willing to play at a certain time without planning ahead, you might as well not play. And leaving several servers because the people suck doesn't sound like my idea of fun. So far I haven't left a round of Killing Floor because of idiots. Meanwhile, when I first got L4D, I was doing it all the time.
Sisco
+493|6313

Flecco wrote:

'special'???

Yeah, you know. It catered to a very special playerbase. I thought it was totally shit. Movement, graphics, gameplay. But the people who enjoyed it did so with great justice. Just not my cup of coffee.
So from what I read from Frankie (thanks to you for the info) this def needs a demo, but I´m not buying it until I tried it.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
It really does need a demo badly. They'd be stupid not to put one out because it would bring in a lot more sales.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Sisco10 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

'special'???

Yeah, you know. It catered to a very special playerbase. I thought it was totally shit. Movement, graphics, gameplay. But the people who enjoyed it did so with great justice. Just not my cup of coffee.
So from what I read from Frankie (thanks to you for the info) this def needs a demo, but I´m not buying it until I tried it.
I'll give you the graphics. They weren't pretty.
gameaddict
+35|6650|let op drempels
Making a demo build cost man hours aka $ and that for a small company isn't the smartest move, they said they would organize a free weekend soon, way easier to do and you can really play the full game instead of some buggy demo build.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard