-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
question... whats the diff between the Denio and Mpich smp clients... and which one should I run? specs here:
http://trackr.net/computer-specs/nics-comp
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

haffeysucks wrote:

powerline adapters?
Already tried. Won't work. Cable is way too long and old

SpIk3y wrote:

If you haven't already, anyone folding with a PS3 should check out the new expert mode that was included in the latest update.  Turns the shitty music off and boosts performance, but I don't know by how much.
I don't think it makes much of a difference. The Life with PlayStation features never needed much CPU time

Nic wrote:

question... whats the diff between the Denio and Mpich smp clients... and which one should I run? specs here:
http://trackr.net/computer-specs/nics-comp
For a 32bit OS run Deino, for a 64bit OS run MPICH. Even better would be to run a ubuntu VM or (if you're lazy and don't want to install linux yourself) notfred's VM

Last edited by max (2009-05-14 15:45:58)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Hey, when I try to install the smp client I keep getting the message " this setup requires the .NET framework 2.0 or higher" help......
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6110|New Jersey
You need to download and install .NET framework.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

Last edited by SpIk3y (2009-05-14 19:17:54)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
Thought that would have been a bit of a no brainer

"Requires .NET framework 2.0"

What to do? Install .NET framework 2.0.

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Finray wrote:

Thought that would have been a bit of a no brainer

"Requires .NET framework 2.0"

What to do? Install .NET framework 2.0.

Well no shit... I had found that and .Net framework 3.5 before I even posted the question, but when you have never used something before, or come across something different... it's usually a good idea to ask some questions...
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Hey, was having some trouble getting the smp client to work so I want to go with 2 instances of the uniprocesser client... got the first one going but every time I try to install the second cores client, it just asks me if I would like to repair or remove the first one. I don't think I'm changing the right short cuts name, is there any walk through for this? or can someone help?
max
Vela Incident

Xfire/msn me
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
I got it working... I'm running one systray client, and one console client. Just havent figured out how to get the console client into fahmon yet...
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
oh got that figured out now... thx anyway..
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
in fahmon  it shows my cores running this: 9800 GT    GPUv2 Gromacs
                                                              E6600 Core 0   Double Gromacs C
                                                              E6600 Core 1   Gromacs

Now if Points Per work unit are any indication   Core 0 is doing much bigger WU much quicker..... is there a way to change Core 1 from running Gromacs to Double Gromacs C?
max
Vela Incident

What core you're using depends on the work unit you're crunching. Some WUs perform better than others.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Ah ok... good to know...
max
Vela Incident

Sorry about the recent production outages. Summer temps forced me to shut down some stuff.

Did a cleaning session yesterday and now everything should work perfectly again
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6168|Winland

I've stopped folding completely on my 260 until I move
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
max
Vela Incident

https://fah-web.stanford.edu/awards/cert.php?u=max&pts=20149329

FUCK YEAH!

Also soon I'll hit the top 100
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

You're a beast  D:
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6110|New Jersey
You now have 10 times my score

Big party when max gets down into the double digits.
max
Vela Incident

https://i42.tinypic.com/287zthe.jpg
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
max
Vela Incident

267,532 points over the last 24 hours
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

Points Yesterday    336,714

http://www.xcpus.com/folding/FoldingTea … amp;page=1

Max hax

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-06-25 01:24:34)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6110|New Jersey
But he's cheating in the race to find a cure for incurable diseases so it's OK.
max
Vela Incident

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
haven't been folding for a few days as my comp is down while I'm ah "re-vamping" it. should be up in a day or two.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard