Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

In boxing, statistics often don't tell the whole story. Many ring insiders reject numbers and say it's really about styles. To some, the only relevant number in Saturday night's junior-welterweight clash in Las Vegas between Ricky Hatton and Manny Pacquiao is 360. Or to be specific, 360 degrees.

To get a sense of a fighter's style, it helps to draw a circle from the top of his opponent's head down to the canvas. Mr. Hatton wins by fighting in close -- he does his best damage inside the circle. He will live in that circle if the referee lets him, hammering his opponent's body with left hooks and bashing him with rights to the head.

In Mr. Hatton's breakout victory in 2005, the Briton got inside and mauled Kostya Tszyu until the Russian champ quit after 11 rounds. But in Mr. Hatton's only loss in 46 fights, the speedy Floyd Mayweather Jr. was able dance out of the circle, maintain separation and punish Mr. Hatton with potshots (eventually flooring him) as he tried to charge in.

Mr. Pacquiao is a slugger, too, but it's his speed that kills. He works best from outside the circle -- darting in and out. The velocity of his body as he moves toward an opponent generates the power behind his fists. That's how the southpaw destroyed Oscar De La Hoya in December.

Mr. Pacquiao's weight has varied widely: He began his career at 106 pounds and now fights Mr. Hatton at 140. But size may not matter here as much as space. If Mr. Pacquiao can keep the battle mostly outside the circle, he'll likely dominate.
Bets, placem
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Pac Man wins in less than 10.  Probably around round 8 or 9.  Gonna be a good one!
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5684|SQUID
Pacquiao I'd say 7-8 rounds but not by knockout.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Will be good.. waiting
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6584|England
As big a fan as I am of the Hitman, I think Pacquiao will win, and probably by KO.  8th round I'm going for.  I know the ref didn't help Hatton's cause in the Maywether fight (he just wasn't going to let Ricky do anything on the inside), but I can't help but feel that Pacman will be quick enough to devastate him in the same way Pretty Boy Floyd did.  Really, really looking forward to the fight though.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
I was in Vegas last April and met a lot of really cool British Hatton fans... they are not afraid to drink...lol
Love is the answer
Brasso
+1,549|6630

Pacquiao is everyone's hero in the Philippines.  I've never seen him fight before but I root for him.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-05-01 03:06:35)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6741|OctoLand
I had hatton down to get KO'd by Mayweather, but I think he's gonna get this one...Most people I know are saying Pacquiao though.
I know fucking karate
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Speed versus strength.. always interesting.

Pick: Pacquiao though not sure.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK
Hatton coz I'm British like him
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
i forsee an upset where by Hatton is going to clock him silly in one round or another.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-05-02 05:15:09)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England
Hi m3thod.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners

m3thod wrote:

i forsee an upset where by Hatton is going to clock him silly in one round or another.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

m3thod wrote:

That is a reasonable prediction.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5594|Dublin, Ireland
Whens it starting + time please.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Never starts on time mangye.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653
http://atdhe.net/ Link for the fight (will be on @ 10 PM EST) near the bottom, it might work for those who don't have it on PPV or whatever...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England
Has this shit kicked off yet? I just got in, it's 4.30am and I'm completely goosed.  Just thought there might hgave been a result by now
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Brasso
+1,549|6630

does he...win?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Hatton just lost.. sorry fellas

Put down by a left hook.... like lights out put down.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Brasso
+1,549|6630

ah so he does win.  sweet
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Manny Pacquiao wins.. wait till you see the punch..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

Kmarion wrote:

Manny Pacquiao wins.. wait till you see the punch..lol
What a hook, Hatton let down all the brits again
KEN-JENNINGS