Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6344|Winland

I don't have a girl. What do I do?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5982|Australia

Freezer7Pro wrote:

you see this 'woome' flashing ad about dating at the bottom? click it and sign up bro

or go to a bar and use 'pickup lines'
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6473|England

Amdi Peter wrote:

Lai wrote:

Amdi Peter wrote:

OK, I'm in quite a dilemma.

There is this really awesome, really cute, sweet and beautiful girl.

I'm totally in love with her, and she knows that. She has told me that she likes me to, but before anything happens between us, she wants to know me better.
We are going together to a park downtown on Friday, May 1st. Maybe it only the two of us or we'll go with some of her friends (I don't know any of them).

So I need advice on two(/three) things.
1st may, If we go alone, what should I say/do? (we have spend a day together before)
If we go with her friends, what should I say/do?

Also, I have the feeling that I only text her, not the other way around.
I keep pushiing a button on my phone, hoping there's a new text from her, well knowing there isn't.
Should I keep texting her, I should I wait 'till she texts me?
Well, she likes you and the two of you are going on a date. In other words, you shouldn't stress out too much anymore. Really now, you can not nor should plan what you are going to say. You're going on a date, you're not asking her to marry you. Just relax and do whatever you always do.

Regarding the text messages,.. I really can't say too much about that. Some friends of mine text their girlfriend to death and the other way around, while others don't. Personally I seldom text at all, especially not to someone I like. It has nothing to do with lack of interest, I'm just oldschool. I prefer eye to eye talk or at least ear to ear.
The first day we met each other in real life (we 'met' on the internet) was really nice. We ended up in the same park as we are going to on friday, kissing and just lieing in the grass.
I just fear that if we go with some of her friends, we wont be talking alot together, since it will be very akward for me when I don't know any of her friends.
I had this the first time I met my girlfriend. Just honestly be yourself as cliche as it is. Be funny, but don't try to hard, because if you can get her friends to like you, there should never be problems Try and focus on being with her. Afterall it is your date with her. Not with her friends. But don't be stalkerish and needy.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6868|Sydney, Australia

DonFck wrote:

Acreta wrote:

sorry i was actually lying i just wanted to gauge what reaction i would get from people who were interested thanks anyway, btw i dont believe that your personal problems can be solved on the internet by people who dont know you and you are telling them your lovelife but w/e glhf!
Nice, real mature.

FYI, people do get helpful advice on the internet. And I was willing to give it to you. Instead, you decided to demonstrate your level of maturity, which from the looks of the quoted post above seems to be somewhere between a 12 year old and an olm. I'd be very careful what I say in threads like these, there are people here who find them useful, and I for one will not stand for being fooled by a child when I'm willing and ready to give you my time and advice.

Even if this thread is in EE, it doesn't give you a free pass to fuck about.

Or would you go into the Suicide thread and tell people to be an hero?

This is my reaction. Are you happy?
QFT.

The reason this thread is good is due to the fact that, as you said Acreta, we for the most part don't know each other in real life. People with genuine problems tend to be more open when they can speak anonymously. And unlike some 15 year old's group of friends, there is a wealth of experience that exists on this site.. experience and advice that many people are willing to talk about.

Acreta wrote:

Instead, you decided to demonstrate your level of maturity, which from the looks of the quoted post above seems to be somewhere between an 12 year old and an olm.
olm?  what is this term?  and come now, alot of 12 year olds are pretty mature, i know a couple, great people, very odd talking to them because yeah usually u would expect something more immature but stereotypes are terrible things
Olm.. nice one Don

How old you Acreta? I only ask because 12 year olds aren't mature... ya know. By definition.
Lai
+186|6298

JakAttaK wrote:

Amdi Peter wrote:

The first day we met each other in real life (we 'met' on the internet) was really nice. We ended up in the same park as we are going to on friday, kissing and just lieing in the grass.
I just fear that if we go with some of her friends, we wont be talking alot together, since it will be very akward for me when I don't know any of her friends.
I had this the first time I met my girlfriend. Just honestly be yourself as cliche as it is. Be funny, but don't try to hard, because if you can get her friends to like you, there should never be problems Try and focus on being with her. Afterall it is your date with her. Not with her friends. But don't be stalkerish and needy.
True. Don't bother if you can't talk together for all the time, because in the long run (even though that may seem far away now), that is gonna happen a lot more. And guess what, when she is with her friends when you're not there, she is also not talking to you. Don't see it as time lost, but rather as time gained. Besides, you don't necesarily have to talk only to eachother the whole time you're together. Personally I knew a girl I could not even talk with,.. uhm, never mind that.

In any case, don't go with the assumption that it is going to be akward, because why would it? She evidently likes your kind of people, so there should be quite a large chance you can get along with at least some of her friends
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6549|dm_maidenhead

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I saw this capacitor giving you the eye the other day.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6796

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Alcohol has always worked well for socially retarded people. Or roofies, depending on your level of social retardation.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5695|paris

Lai wrote:

True. Don't bother if you can't talk together for all the time, because in the long run (even though that may seem far away now), that is gonna happen a lot more.
Don't bother?
Sorry, I don't really understand.
Lai
+186|6298

Amdi Peter wrote:

Lai wrote:

True. Don't bother if you can't talk together for all the time, because in the long run (even though that may seem far away now), that is gonna happen a lot more.
Don't bother?
Je moet je er niet zo druk om maken, joh. Als het eenmaal iets vaster is zal het wel vaker komen dat jullie ergens heen gaan, waar je niet de hele tijd met elkaar praat. Dat is normaal hoor, alleen nu omdat alles nog "nieuw" is, is het misschien een beetje naar

Ik ga er trouwens vanuit dat je Vlaams/Nederlands spreekt, of spreek je alleen Frans?
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5695|paris

Lai wrote:

Amdi Peter wrote:

Lai wrote:

Don't bother?
Je moet je er niet zo druk om maken, joh. Als het eenmaal iets vaster is zal het wel vaker komen dat jullie ergens heen gaan, waar je niet de hele tijd met elkaar praat. Dat is normaal hoor, alleen nu omdat alles nog "nieuw" is, is het misschien een beetje naar

Ik ga er trouwens vanuit dat je Vlaams/Nederlands spreekt, of spreek je alleen Frans?
Ik spreek Duits en Nederlands

Thanks mate, I think I got it now
Bevo
Nah
+718|6668|Austin, Texas

Amdi Peter wrote:

Sounds like you'll do just fine. Don't be too worried about it, even if she's with her friends show her that you can coexist with a group and still give her attention at the same time. You don't want to forget that she's the reason why she's you are there, but you don't want to be super-shy and basically ignore her friends.

Act naturally m8, sounds like you've already got a shoe in

Last edited by Bevo (2009-04-27 13:20:54)

Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5695|paris
Thanks for the advice lads, it's useful

I'm actually in a bid of a dilemma again already.

I talked to my best friend at school today, and she said I should text the girl and say that I thought it would be best, if we went without her friends.
Do you think it's a wise thing to ask, or should I just let her decide?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6668|Austin, Texas

Amdi Peter wrote:

I talked to my best friend at school today, and she said I should text the girl and say that I thought it would be best, if we went without her friends.
I wouldn't want to come off as too pushy, she probably wants here friends there as a buffer or her friends want to meet you. Either way she is interested, so I'd just leave it be.

Amdi Peter wrote:

howabout you pick her up and you can go together to hang out with them - and then split from the group later
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6300|what

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

howabout you pick her up and you can go together to hang out with them - and then split from the group later
pff, as if taking advice from you would help.

How many girls have you dated?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5695|paris
Well, we apparently never had a 'date' on 1. may.

(this is how it started)
We texted the day after we'd met, and she asked me if I was going to the park on 1st may.
i said maye, and then asked if we should go together, to which she answered, "yeah sure cuite".
I then, I think it was later saturday or sunday, asked if we should go, only the two of us, or with some of her friends, to which she answered, that she wasn't sure.
I then texted her about an hour ago, saying that I thought it would be really nice if we just went the two of us alone.
Her reply was, "I'm not going to that park, I'm going to another park with some of my friends".
I then wrote, "Weren't going together?", to which she replied, "I said maybe, I had to check with my other friends first, but you can come if you like".
I just replied, sure if I get to see you.

I feel kinda fucked over, like she just screwed going with me, and didn't tell, but I also feel like I didn't read her texts probably, so it's my own fault. I'm fucking depressed, thanx for the help anyway chaps.
Lai
+186|6298

Amdi Peter wrote:

Rule number one: ALWAYS let her decide

Secondly, why would you?

Amdi Peter wrote:

Well, we apparently never had a 'date' on 1. may.

(this is how it started)
We texted the day after we'd met, and she asked me if I was going to the park on 1st may.
i said maye, and then asked if we should go together, to which she answered, "yeah sure cuite".
I then, I think it was later saturday or sunday, asked if we should go, only the two of us, or with some of her friends, to which she answered, that she wasn't sure.
I then texted her about an hour ago, saying that I thought it would be really nice if we just went the two of us alone.
Her reply was, "I'm not going to that park, I'm going to another park with some of my friends".
I then wrote, "Weren't going together?", to which she replied, "I said maybe, I had to check with my other friends first, but you can come if you like".
I just replied, sure if I get to see you.

I feel kinda fucked over, like she just screwed going with me, and didn't tell, but I also feel like I didn't read her texts probably, so it's my own fault. I'm fucking depressed, thanx for the help anyway chaps.
Wait you said you kissed her right?.. This is strange,.. I mean considering the two of you lay in the park half the day and kissed; at least you shouldn't blame yourself for calling it a date

Two options here basically. Either it's the type of girl that doesn't know what she wants, in which case she will give you a very hard time anyway, but she might still be worth it; or she is the (slutty) type which hangs out in parks and kisses with all casual friends, in whcih case you'll want to bail out immediately.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5695|paris
Okay, there is no advise for this girl.

She has told me that I and another friend of hers, like her, so she's very confused and don't really know what to do ..

Thanks for the advise chaps.
bennisboy
+829|6793|Poundland
Jus get out there and enjoy life. You'll meet girls along the way
Tetn1s
+59|6789|Los Angeles
should I be worried if I tell this one girl's best friend that I like the girl? I want to make sure that this girl likes me before I ask her out to avoid emberassment and awkwardness, do you think she will squeal? From how she acts I dont think she would but not sure wat girls way of thinking is. I am worried of this because she might tell the girl I like her and that will pretty much ruin anything with her because it shows that I have no confidence at all. What do you think?
Wreckognize
+294|6632

Tetn1s wrote:

should I be worried if I tell this one girl's best friend that I like the girl? I want to make sure that this girl likes me before I ask her out to avoid emberassment and awkwardness, do you think she will squeal? From how she acts I dont think she would but not sure wat girls way of thinking is. I am worried of this because she might tell the girl I like her and that will pretty much ruin anything with her because it shows that I have no confidence at all. What do you think?
Would you tell your best buddy if a girl came up to you and told you she liked him?  Instead of telling the friend, ask the friend what the girl thinks of you.

On girls thinking: don't even try to figure it out.  Bitches be crazy yo.
Tetn1s
+59|6789|Los Angeles

Wreckognize wrote:

Tetn1s wrote:

Instead of telling the friend, ask the friend what the girl thinks of you.
What I ment
Wreckognize
+294|6632
Does it really matter?  If she does like you too, then odds are she won't care.  Just ask the girl out tbh.  See my sig.
Tetn1s
+59|6789|Los Angeles
ok I guess Ill just ask her out then.

Last edited by Tetn1s (2009-04-29 22:37:21)

Lai
+186|6298

Tetn1s wrote:

No third party to be honest. Better to face embarassment and awkwardness, than using a bypass. You'll feel way more embarrassed and/or awkward when the friend does/says something stupid or generally the girl finds out before she should.

You probably think, what can go wrong? Well, a lot actually, crazy stuff. You'll want to cut out as many people as possible, people can't be trusted.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard