NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6479

So yeah. Found this on STEAM forums just yesterday.

Robofire wrote:

I'm not sure if the majority of people know this on these forums but I browse pretty regularly and haven't seen it here yet, so I guess I'll post it myself.

Someone on my friends list showed me this, I didn't find it. Basically it allows players on any server to vote to change the versus game to death toll or dead air (or no mercy or blood harvest, but that can be done anyway). In console, any player can type "callvote changemission smalltown" to call a vote to change the map to Death Toll, and "callvote changemission airport" for Dead Air. If the vote passes, the map will change to a versus game at the requested map. Some infected ladders do not show up but can still be climbed, so just look around for pipes and things. The finale will only play once, and then credits will roll. Also at the end of each round the difficulty multiplier is always x1.00.

This is cool because you don't need to download any maps or plugins and the vote can be called by any player, not just put in by a server admin.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … p?t=838166
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

I concur that this is epic win. Players don't even ragequit when they get to play these epic maps

Yeah, win.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280
The lack of difficulty multiplier is good. Its all wrong in normal VS. x1 for BH1 and x1.3 (or is it 4?) for BH4? Yeah right.

And the maps themselves rock. People are always eager to try them so the vote passes, and then they stay there. This is the first time in months we were able to play an entire campaign without the other team leaving after a round or two. And we did 2 entire campaigns back to back! Amazing .
Brasso
+1,549|6640

didn't get to play too much but the votes passed quickly of course.  they were a nice breath of fresh air but i was distracted while checking death toll out.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5975|London, England

Id love to play

You know if well

My game worked
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6479

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

The lack of difficulty multiplier is good. Its all wrong in normal VS. x1 for BH1 and x1.3 (or is it 4?) for BH4? Yeah right.

And the maps themselves rock. People are always eager to try them so the vote passes, and then they stay there. This is the first time in months we were able to play an entire campaign without the other team leaving after a round or two. And we did 2 entire campaigns back to back! Amazing .
x1.5 actually.

Overall I'd say Death Toll is better, though Dead Air 3 is pretty sweet.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280

NooBesT wrote:

x1.5 actually.
It's so stupid. Easiest map in the game gets a massive multiplier. They need to start the scoring system from scratch.

And yeah I preferred Death Toll as well. The infected spawns in the finale need to be sorted out, but aside from that it was great. But yeah that tall building in Dead Air 3 . If they ever remove vertical walljumping i'll cry.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-04-10 07:25:53)

DUnlimited
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

x1.5 actually.
It's so stupid. Easiest map in the game gets a massive multiplier. They need to start the scoring system from scratch.

And yeah I preferred Death Toll as well. The infected spawns in the finale need to be sorted out, but aside from that it was great. But yeah that tall building in Dead Air 3 . If they ever remove vertical walljumping i'll cry.
There is still horizontal walljumping and you can get uip there with it too. But yeah, I'll cry too

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-04-10 07:28:45)

Brasso
+1,549|6640

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

x1.5 actually.

There is still horizontal walljumping and you can get uip there with it too. But yeah, I'll cry too
i can't get diagonal/horizontal.  it pretty much has to be perfect for me to execute it properly...i can do the fake S+D thing, but not with the airstrafing.  need a little more practice.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

Death Toll is epic in vs.

Has actually convinced me that I like L4D.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Zukabazuka
+23|6695
Dead air is the biggest campaign among everyone. DA3 take the price for being the longest one. I think I understand now why we got NM and BH first, they should be considered easy map compared to DT and DA.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

haffeysucks wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

i can't get diagonal/horizontal.  it pretty much has to be perfect for me to execute it properly...i can do the fake S+D thing, but not with the airstrafing.  need a little more practice.
The fake S+D thing is the one you use to climb. The other one is harder but it's really just useful for getting from place A to place B fast. Not that hard either, as long as you don't hold crouch while walljumping.

Zukabazuka wrote:

Dead air is the biggest campaign among everyone. DA3 take the price for being the longest one. I think I understand now why we got NM and BH first, they should be considered easy map compared to DT and DA.
To be fair, I totally understand why these campaigns aren't VS yet: They are unbalanced as fuck, easy for the infected.

Fun still though

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-04-11 07:48:46)

Brasso
+1,549|6640

DeathUnlimited wrote:

The fake S+D thing is the one you use to climb. The other one is harder but it's really just useful for getting from place A to place B fast. Not that hard either, as long as you don't hold crouch while walljumping.
i practiced a little yesterday and could do it well 60% of the time.  still not good enough imo.  i didn't know the "fake" one was used for climbing, i always thought it was the strafing one.  that explains it.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6633|EU

going to check it out ... now

edit: played dead air with deathunlimited  and was quite fun although was kinda weird to focus on game as infected. then on another lobby i called a vote for death toll but infected weren't able to play and I got kicked did I something wrong? I initiated vote at the very beginning of map.

Last edited by legionair (2009-04-13 06:31:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard