firebolt5
+114|6154
Nope, still incorrect.
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6276|Mo Val, Cali
What about the first riddle? No one even tried.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6555|Kent, UK
I still think that Billy being a mute explains it very well.

Otherwise, maybe he saw two animals fighting i.e. a rat killing another rat
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6400|dm_maidenhead

S.J.N.P.0717 wrote:

What about the first riddle? No one even tried.
Was solved here
firebolt5
+114|6154

Buckles wrote:

Well, if Billy was mute don't you think he should have someone there with him like an aid?  Both are still incorrect though.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

firebolt5 wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Well, if Billy was mute don't you think he should have someone there with him like an aid?  Both are still incorrect though.
If a riddle is posed well, then it doesn't contain superfluous (or distracting) information.  Each phrase supports the answer.  Thus the "lateness/shortcut", "heard something", etc. must all support the solution.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

firebolt5 wrote:

Billy was walking home from school.  He knew he was going to be late, so he decided to take a shortcut.  The shortcut was an abandoned street.  As he was walking he heard something!  It all happened too fast, he had just witnessed a murder.  But when he got home, why didn't Billy say anything about the murder?
Billy just witnessed a group of crows.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin
I got an easy one, what has bat wings and legs but a head of a fox?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

firebolt5 wrote:

Billy was walking home from school.  He knew he was going to be late, so he decided to take a shortcut.  The shortcut was an abandoned street.  As he was walking he heard something!  It all happened too fast, he had just witnessed a murder.  But when he got home, why didn't Billy say anything about the murder?
Is billy blind? So, he heard something but didn't know that is was a murder.
firebolt5
+114|6154

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

We have a winner!  That's correct.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

firebolt5 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

We have a winner!  That's correct.
R I 1337?

S. I. R.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6138|New Jersey

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I don't get it.

EDIT:  Oh OK, a murder = a group of crows (thank you wikipedia).  That's a terrible riddle, it requires uncommon knowledge.  I'm not a bird watcher.

Last edited by SpIk3y (2008-06-21 15:03:14)

Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6493|Sydney, Australia

SpIk3y wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I don't get it.

EDIT:  Oh OK, a murder = a group of crows (thank you wikipedia).  That's a terrible riddle, it requires uncommon knowledge.  I'm not a bird watcher.
That answer was wrong btw.

What has the bottom at the top?
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6404|NSW, Australia

Vub wrote:

SpIk3y wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I don't get it.

That answer was wrong btw.

What has the bottom at the top?
the bottom of the top
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5998|The Mitten
a leg
EE (hats
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6524|South Florida

SpIk3y wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I don't get it.

agreed
15 more years! 15 more years!
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6420|My room
Ok this riddle was on NYTIMES the other day, so I didn't make it up. here it is:

There are 100 men standing in a single file line. Upon each one of these men's heads is either a red or a blue hat, placed randomly on each man's head. The men cannot see their own hat, but a man can see all the hats in front of him. The men are not allowed to say the words "red" or "blue" until their turns come.

On their turn, an executioner will walk up to them, starting with the last person in line and demand a ONE WORD answer of "red" or "blue." If the person gets it right, he is set free, but if he is wrong, he dies.

Knowing this, devise a method that enables the largest number of men to be set free. Assume that the men can talk freely with each other until their turn comes, and can remember and compute things on the fly.

(in case I was unclear, the original link to the puzzle is here
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
riddle this riddle that Im kick ur ass if u dont answer it
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State

firebolt5 wrote:

Because it happened too fast, right?

Because Billy lives in Vichy France and has just witnessed a Gestapo hit, I dunno. (I spent too much time looking at firebolt's avatar, lol)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard