Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida
Would i?
I read a little bit about what philosophers do and from what i see, they basically teach their philosophy about shit?

enlighten me, bf2s.

what does one learn in a philosophy class?
15 more years! 15 more years!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
No.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6565|NYC / Hamburg

To be a philosopher you need to talk like Uzique, so no.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6350|Troy, New York

FatherTed wrote:

No.
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK
Why is the title written in third person
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
Existentialism

fun
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
Atg says maybe. He thinks you have potential.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

max wrote:

To be a philosopher you need to talk like Uzique, so no.
Ahahaha.

Mitch you do not possess a modicum of intellectual ability, let alone enough to be a philosopher. You're being terribly reductionist about what a philosopher actually 'does'; you're simplying a huge area of human thought and knowledge into a crude teaching-equation. There's infinitely more to philosophy than this, and I don't expect you to even understand half of the fundamental concepts and elements.

Nothing personal, but teenage philosophers just don't happen. Copy and pasting arguments/thoughts from other web sources to 'create' BF2s discussion isn't quite on par with the works of Plato.

@ Teddy: Existentialism is awesome- what floats your boat? Legal Bentham-style utilitarianism? Spoonfed wank'er!

Last edited by Uzique (2009-04-03 10:25:04)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
+ you need some kind of life experience before you can start analysing pointlessly.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

+ you need some kind of life experience before you can start analysing pointlessly.
or lots of drugs, and lots of free time.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
topal63
. . .
+533|6716
Mitch,
You have a world-view, and like any one that thinks about the world, it is in a state of becoming. That is--it often is in a state of change; evolving; accumulating; etc.

Everyone is a philosopher of sorts.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647

Uzique wrote:

@ Teddy: Existentialism is awesome- what floats your boat? Legal Bentham-style utilitarianism? Spoonfed wank'er!
Mannnnnnn, I just don't have the patience to deal with philosophy. I can understand why some people would find it interesting but I'm just not that kind of person.

Legal Bentham-style utilitarianism
googles now

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
Philosophy is amazing, you're all philistine plebians!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

topal63 wrote:

Mitch,
You have a world-view, and like any one that thinks about the world, it is in a state of becoming. That is--it often is in a state of change; evolving; accumulating; etc.

But i would like to get paid for my opinion.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5929|CA
The world needs shitty philosophers.  So Mitch, tell Mitch "sure".

Last edited by GravyDan (2009-04-03 10:42:20)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

Mitch wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Mitch,

then be a columnist.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Mitch,

then be a columnist.
Yeah..if you you're going to spend time deeply analyzing why your mother conceived you then I'd think about switching professions.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

then be a columnist.
Yeah..if you you're going to spend time deeply analyzing why your mother conceived you then I'd think about switching professions.
write for the guardian?

except mitch is more a daily mail sort of kid.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
hahaha getting paid to be a philosopher..

mitch you have no clue. philosophers are normally rich gentleman, exactly for the reason that there is next to no money in it. highly intellectual and erudite, but not economical.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Mitch,

then be a columnist.
Hmm cool. Maybe.
Still, what does a philospher teach in philosphy class, his personal opinion combined with the opinions of other philosophers?

What is the goal of a philosophy class? To be taught opinion or taught to think?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland

Mitch wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Mitch,

Become a member of parliament, lol.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Mitch wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

then be a columnist.
Hmm cool. Maybe.
Still, what does a philospher teach in philosphy class, his personal opinion combined with the opinions of other philosophers?

What is the goal of a philosophy class? To be taught opinion or taught to think?
facepalm.

"you have no clue"

you fundamentally misunderstand what philosophy is.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

kylef wrote:

Mitch wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Mitch,

Become a member of parliament, lol.
no no no no please no
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6647|Keyboard
Look at the greeks, if you already have boy lovers and go out and stroll on the streets in bathrobes then I can say that you are one .

But tbh I think that you are too young to say that you are, maybe you are aspiring to be one, but right now you are not one. Need to live more to have a more wide aspect of things.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

My uncle went to university for six years and majored in philosophy, he drowned drunk in a lake.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard