M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

http://www.entertainingcode.com/

Blog wrote:

We had one of our monthly whole company meetings (well, DICE, not all of EA) yesterday.  Usually, those meetings are mildly boring like such meetings can be — economic reports, some announcements, some presentations of projects that tends to be stuff you already know. Interesting, but hardly exciting. Last month there was a post mortem presentation for Mirror’s Edge, which was pretty cool since I haven’t worked very closely with the ME guys.

But this time there was a presentation of the state of one of our projects that has been running for quite a while now, but has never really seemed to be going anywhere in particular to me as an outside observer. It’s been somewhat worrying, to tell the truth.

Anyway, the presentation they held yesterday on the meeting, and a demo they arranged afterwards compeltely blew me away. They’ve locked down a perfect concept and created something incredibly impressive to demo it, and I just wish I could tell you the details (which, of course, I can’t).
Something's in the works, and its not BFBC2 or BF1943.

Could it be?

*activates hype.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6636|UK
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6200|14072
Sounds good, gives me hope.

But, how can a patch blow you away? I mean they can obviously edit things, but I don't think they can change actual game play like hitbox (or can they?). Unless he's talking about the new map, but the map can only have objects n such that are from other maps (I think)
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6444
Whatever they're making isn't as important as 1.5 I can guarantee this.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

I don't think they can change actual game play like hitbox (or can they?).
Hitreg is totally fixable for infantry. Easily I might say. Probably would be for vehicles too.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6200|14072

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Hitreg is totally fixable for infantry. Easily I might say. Probably would be for vehicles too.
How would they fix it? I thought that hitreg was built into the engine of the game, so I was thinking it was impossible
blacklupus
+13|6699

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I am sorry, but it is not fixable because it's working totally perfect.
Try out single player or a server where everybody got ping under 10.

Adjust the usersettings of all players and have fun.

But unless nobody is playing under these conditions, we will have to continue playing on shitty servers and keep complaining about the reg.

And the stupid game of course.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6310
This is going to me fucking sweet.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6492|P-way, NJ
where does it say bf2, maybe i missed it
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

blacklupus wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I am sorry, but it is not fixable because it's working totally perfect.
Try out single player or a server where everybody got ping under 10.

Adjust the usersettings of all players and have fun.

But unless nobody is playing under these conditions, we will have to continue playing on shitty servers and keep complaining about the reg.

And the stupid game of course.
Lol.

How would you feel if I said I have had perfect hitreg on a random pub server, with 160 ping without tweaking my placebosettings.con?

Oh, you won't believe. Too bad. I am not saying SP doesn't have perfect hitreg, but when you say "it is not fixable because it's working totally perfect", you are incorrect. It could work so-so-so much better.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5913|CA
So a completely new BF game or 1.5?  This is why I hate blogs, at least give us some damned details, or speculation, talking/writing in circles gets us no where.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-03-23 21:09:23)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6844|Kubra, Damn it!

Could be BF Heroes. It seems like that's been in beta for almost a year now.
Vax
+42|5860|Flyover country

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

where does it say bf2, maybe i missed it
I don't think this is about the patch.

Mikael Hedberg posted:

I’m not worried if Battlefield 1943: Pacific isn’t the game for you, if you didn’t like Mirror’s Edge, or if Bad Company 2 isn’t your cup of tea. There’s always *#¤!$@– oh, sorry, can’t tell you the name of that. I’d only worry if there wasn’t something we’re making that interests you
There’s *something* for our hardcore fans in the works, it won’t be a port, and it’s like the most awesome thing I’ve seen ever. I can’t tell you much more than that yet.
read the previous post
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6774|Cambridge (UK)
I reckon they've made some dice.

Hopefully they'll be fluffy.
Vax
+42|5860|Flyover country

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I know... I know... sworn to secrecy though...
TELL US.

Must we beg?

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

Next battlefield game.

Obviously targetted at the same market BF2 and 1942 were. Should be good.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Vax
+42|5860|Flyover country
I like the fact that they have obviously read some of the same forum topics I have in the last few days, and comment directly to them

oh snap

And a final comment goes out to someone who thought the kinds of games we make have something to do with being taken over by EA: I can assure you that the ideas and creativity behind the games we make come from the people walking into the DICE office every morning in Stockholm, and has nothing to do with EA. If anything, having EA’s support meant we could explore new stuff like Mirror’s Edge without worrying about the cost of trying something completely new like that.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5693|SQUID
donkey kong 3d has finally arrived

Last edited by The A W S M F O X (2009-03-23 22:06:18)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

The A W S M F O X wrote:

donkey kong 3d has finally arrived
M8 I had Donkey Kong 64.

Was pro that rite thar.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6295|eng
Fuck sake the Frostbite engine is shit.
#rekt
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5693|SQUID
make a better one then bro
Wallpaper
+303|6002|The pool
I almost jizzed in my pants.

Catbox, will the jizz worthy thing theyre working on come out... before 2011? 10?
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Wallpaper wrote:

I almost jizzed in my pants.

Catbox, will the jizz worthy thing theyre working on come out... before 2011? 10?
Yes because he really knows what they are working on.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

Mint Sauce wrote:

Fuck sake the Frostbite engine is shit.

how so?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
baggs
+732|6213
The idea of this being something as amazing as BF2 excites me very much, but, I doubt it. As for the indications to 1.5, I can't see how a patch would blow someone away, know what I mean?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard