13rin
+977|6487

CameronPoe wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Perhaps the President of Iraq should heed the giant groundswell of support for a pardon to be given? That's legal too...
Nah.  Justice has been served.
lol
hehe.

Just messing with you.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

In your world all you need is plexiglass and security guards, if those fail like in this case, you just fine the person $15 a throw and let the carnival begin.

Can I get that lemonaide now?
If the world was governed in the manner you see fit then I'd better invest in prison construction. Ker-ching...... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Haud the battle bus, I thought we weren't allowed to kill any guilty person now so they'd all end up in the prisons anyway for us to pay for?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Oh noes, all I have is a $5 bill, can you make change for me?
Ask your president.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

M.O.A.B wrote:

Haud the battle bus, I thought we weren't allowed to kill any guilty person now so they'd all end up in the prisons anyway for us to pay for?
People guilty of say, murder, drug trafficking, fraud, rape, repeat offences, etc. I take it you are an advocate of the death penalty?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-03-12 10:07:58)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6191|Ireland

CameronPoe wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Ask your president.
  fyi, my president is black according to the media and other people who define blackness.  I am a member of an unracist country, where's your black president.

Racist Irish Clover Muncher.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

Lotta_Drool wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Ask your president.
  fyi, my president is black according to the media and other people who define blackness.  I am a member of an unracist country, where's your black president.

We have a chick as president so we're evens.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5758|شمال

Turquoise wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

A lot better than what he would've gotten under Saddam if he threw the shoe at Saddam.

Aka his family raped, tortured and killed in front of his eyes and then 10x worse for him.

Just sayin'.
People always forget this.  I don't know why.
cause using that logic will not gain anything.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6191|Ireland

CameronPoe wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Ask your president.

We have a chick as president so we're evens.
Shit, I am going to vote for a black chick next time.  Especially if she is disabled or a lesbian.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York

rammunition wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

A lot better than what he would've gotten under Saddam if he threw the shoe at Saddam.

Aka his family raped, tortured and killed in front of his eyes and then 10x worse for him.

Just sayin'.
and who appointed Saddam Hussein???

go look it up kiddo
What does that have to do with anything? Not to mention, as MOAB pointed out, what you're implying is false.

14 year old fail-troll to the rescue again.

Turquoise wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Just sayin'.
People always forget this.  I don't know why.
Of course they do. It's convenient.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-03-12 10:41:57)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6419|'Murka

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I don't get it... if you start a huge, bloody war on bogus grounds resulting in the deaths of thousands upon thousands of people and the destruction of countless lives you get to retire and enjoy a sideline in after-dinner speaking but if you miss someone with your shoes you get three years?
A guy here got two years for murder, that's because we have a crap punishment system. Throwing a shoe at someone is close to (if not) assault, and assaulting a very powerful politician is not a smart move.

rammunition wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Just sayin'.

go look it up kiddo
Saddam was part of the Ba'ath party that led a coup and overthrew the president in the late 60's and then rose up to become the president. Saddam pretty much appointed himself.
Facts are inconvenient. Stop it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6419|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

The man who threw his shoes at President George Bush has been sentenced to three years in prison. Disgraceful. You wouldn't even do time in any normal nation. Subservient scum.
So if you chucked something at a visiting head of state in Ireland, you wouldn't do any jail time?

You certainly would just about everywhere else in the world...if you were lucky.
If I threw a shoe at some randomer in the street would I do time - no I would not. I might get a fine or at the very worst a suspended sentence. What makes a President so special? I thought we were beyond the age of kings? The point stands - this is pathetic.
The leader of a country isn't "some randomer in the street". Get real, Cam.

This isn't "the age of kings". If your country's leader got some shoes chucked at her in Ireland, would that person go to jail? You damn betcha.

It's not at all pathetic. It's the law of the elected government of Iraq. And it's quite similar to--if not lighter than--the punishment someone would receive just about anywhere else for the same offense.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6419|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Now that's pathetic. You are less worthy than another, in your opinion. You regard certain other humans as being entitled to special treatment. It so doesn't mesh with your railing against big government attitude. Weird.
Dude. He is the President, of course he is more worthy. He is a head of state of another country. Whether we can debate about equality all day, we all know presidents get special treatments.
Special treatment like personal security, dedicated transport, accommodation, communications and other services - not special treatment under the law: that's called monarchy.
How do you know that the standard for assault in Iraq isn't a minimum of 3 years, regardless of the target of the assault?
― Albert Einstein

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6550|Texas - Bigger than France

CameronPoe wrote:

The man who threw his shoes at President George Bush has been sentenced to three years in prison. Disgraceful. You wouldn't even do time in any normal nation. Subservient scum.
I would imagine he believes it was worth it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

FEOS wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I don't get it... if you start a huge, bloody war on bogus grounds resulting in the deaths of thousands upon thousands of people and the destruction of countless lives you get to retire and enjoy a sideline in after-dinner speaking but if you miss someone with your shoes you get three years?
A guy here got two years for murder, that's because we have a crap punishment system. Throwing a shoe at someone is close to (if not) assault, and assaulting a very powerful politician is not a smart move.

rammunition wrote:

go look it up kiddo
Saddam was part of the Ba'ath party that led a coup and overthrew the president in the late 60's and then rose up to become the president. Saddam pretty much appointed himself.
Facts are inconvenient. Stop it.
Crap forgot about that, its a habit of mine
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

People guilty of say, murder, drug trafficking, fraud, rape, repeat offences, etc. I take it you are an advocate of the death penalty?
Ah the old wide spectrum ploy. You listed two, Al Qaeda and drug dealing in a country that has a militia presence and is classed as a warzone to an extent.

Al Qaeda is a terrorist group that aims to murder, assassinate and cause unrest. Drug dealing in the instance of Afghanistan creates funds that can be used toward groups such as AQ and the less AQ members and their associated that there are, the better. If you want to spend your own money along the line to help feed and shelter someone who gives about as much thought to your welfare as the dogshit on their shoe, be my guest. Personally the only way to deal with someone with so much hate racked up in their mind, who would kill anyone they saw as different in the blink of an eye given the chance, is to shoot them and be done.

Sorry that warfare isn't all lengthy sentences that are always guaranteed to rehabilitate them and spew out healthy new workers to the economy. When you have a disease you don't nurture and look after it, you kill it and get rid of it. AQ is a disease to the ME and all of the people who live there, the soon its cut out and killed, the better.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

So if you chucked something at a visiting head of state in Ireland, you wouldn't do any jail time?

You certainly would just about everywhere else in the world...if you were lucky.
If I threw a shoe at some randomer in the street would I do time - no I would not. I might get a fine or at the very worst a suspended sentence. What makes a President so special? I thought we were beyond the age of kings? The point stands - this is pathetic.
That depends on where you are.  It also depends on the lawyer of the guy/girl you threw the shoe at.

You gotta admit, if somebody threw a shoe at Mary McAleese while she was at a press conference, that person would definitely serve at least a few months of prison or community service.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

Turquoise wrote:

That depends on where you are.  It also depends on the lawyer of the guy/girl you threw the shoe at.

You gotta admit, if somebody threw a shoe at Mary McAleese while she was at a press conference, that person would definitely serve at least a few months of prison or community service.
I have no problems with a couple of months of community service or a measured spell in jail if it's first offence. McAleese can bite me if she thinks someone who attacks her deserves more of a punishment than someone who attacks a person who voted for her.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-03-12 13:55:43)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ah the old wide spectrum ploy. You listed two, Al Qaeda and drug dealing in a country that has a militia presence and is classed as a warzone to an extent.

Al Qaeda is a terrorist group that aims to murder, assassinate and cause unrest. Drug dealing in the instance of Afghanistan creates funds that can be used toward groups such as AQ and the less AQ members and their associated that there are, the better. If you want to spend your own money along the line to help feed and shelter someone who gives about as much thought to your welfare as the dogshit on their shoe, be my guest. Personally the only way to deal with someone with so much hate racked up in their mind, who would kill anyone they saw as different in the blink of an eye given the chance, is to shoot them and be done.

Sorry that warfare isn't all lengthy sentences that are always guaranteed to rehabilitate them and spew out healthy new workers to the economy. When you have a disease you don't nurture and look after it, you kill it and get rid of it. AQ is a disease to the ME and all of the people who live there, the soon its cut out and killed, the better.
You hit the nail on the head right there. Iraq is a war zone - only yesterday we saw another suicide bombing. Slightly more pressing an issue than the throwing of shoes as a symbolical stand. I guess what I take issue with is the Iraqi legal system. It seems to lack measure and proportionality, in this instance anyway. I fully expected 2-3 months - but three years!?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-03-12 14:04:06)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6724
I bet if they asked Bush... he probably would say... ahhh... give him some community service... 
If someone said they didn't like Sadam hussein and it was overheard in public when sadam was in power... he would be killed... his family raped and killed... I call that progress over there...

and i am enjoying that this 3 year jail sentence... has gotten cams panties in a bunch for most of this afternoon...
and anything that upsets ramtard cant be all that bad...lol

maybe something like this might be more worthy of your time and upset feelings
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090312/ap_ … idnappings

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-03-12 14:14:13)

Love is the answer
Vax
+42|5860|Flyover country

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I bet if they asked Bush... he probably would say... ahhh... give him some community service... 
If someone said they didn't like Sadam hussein and it was overheard in public when sadam was in power... he would be killed... his family raped and killed... I call that progress over there...
Yeah 3 years seems a bit excessive. 
But people need to remember it's about decorum and pride, Maliki was quoted as saying it was an 'embarrassment to the country' ..you just don't do that to visiting dignitaries, whatever people's feelings about bush are.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6610
this guy is my hero
13rin
+977|6487

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

and i am enjoying that this 3 year jail sentence... has gotten cams panties in a bunch for most of this afternoon...

What?  I didn't see a Bush response... You bet he'd say?  Come on.  Bush kept border patrol guards in jail that were blatantly innocent (until his final days) for shooting an illegal drug smuggler.   According to the camp from the left Bush invaded Iraq because Saddam attacked his daddy.

The fucker assaulted our (my) President.  I'd a shot him.  I did mess with cam too though.  hehe.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6776
There was a 2nd shoe thrower on the grassy knoll.
Vax
+42|5860|Flyover country

DBBrinson1 wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

What?  I didn't see a Bush response... You bet he'd say?  Come on.  Bush kept border patrol guards in jail that were blatantly innocent (until his final days) for shooting an illegal drug smuggler.   According to the camp from the left Bush invaded Iraq because Saddam attacked his daddy.

The fucker assaulted our (my) President. I'd a shot him.  I did mess with cam too though.  hehe.
You take it a lot harder than Bush did. He made a joke about a "size ten" and shrugged it off as something that happens in free societies.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I don't really know what to tell you since I disagree with you on the War.  Bush did his job.  Saddam is gone.  Iraq can begin its rebuilding.

The shoe chucker assaulted a foreign leader.  Three years is a joke.  I'd have given him at least 5.
Two points...

One... Bush didn't do his job. I thought preemptive military action was only permitted in the case of a clear and present danger to the security of the United States of America? Iraq couldn't have run a piss-up in a brewery under Saddam never mind pose a "clear and present danger" to a country that lies half the planet away. Bush failed miserably in his role as President by leading the nation into war on the back of egregious military intelligence and then tried shifting the goalposts halfway through the war to deflect attention away from the fact that he violated US law.

Two... the show thrower didn't assault a foreign leader, he missed - at best it would have been attempted assault. Five years? I'd have bought him a pint.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard