Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5601

After a discussion between several of my cohorts and me, we came to the subject of karma.
So what does everyone think?
One side stated that bad things are bound to happen and people just draw parallels between things that they did in the past.
The other side stated that everything we do eventually we'll pay for down the road and it'll all come back to us.
Nobody won and everyone left with a feeling of distrust of the opposing side. So whats your views?
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5796|Central Texas
It's all a big misconception.
Microwave
_
+515|6671|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I duno, but I have 274 of them.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5559|Toronto
For this argument to work you'll need to define the nature of a universally good and bad deed which is nearly impossible as almost everything has both an up and a down. In this instance both arguments you have presented can be merged in the idea that no matter what you do you are always committing some evil and as a result you are always being punished no matter the action.

Crappy roundabout answers save the day.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
phishman420
Banned
+821|5697
i try to always do right, whether karma exists or not
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6845|Denver colorado
The first problem people find with the idea of karma is that idea that its a magical force. at least that's how the Western world views it.

Karma is a natural tendency. If you treat some people right and try to help others they will turn around and do the same for you.. You could look at this and say `oh well.. then Ill do things so good things happen for myself` but you have to remember that the people will pick up on your selfishness of your actions and the next time they are faced with the opportunity to do the same for you they will.

The idea of karma came out of Buddhism and I practice that religion. What my best advice about it and all things is is to do as the Buddhist tradition does and just don't force yourself to stress over it too much. A clear mind is more capable of understanding vague concepts over the most tight and analytical one.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6648|949

lavadisk wrote:

The idea of karma came out of Buddhism and I practice that religion.
You are on the last step toward atheism tbh.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-03-02 18:08:19)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6168|what

Karma is fun if you don't think about it.

Use it to leave short messages to your friends, or read someone else's karma and continue an ongoing karma joke they may have already.

I hate your avatar immensely

I love you warman xx

Are typical exchanges.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6546|Boston, MA
Karma's overrated, shit happens regardless.
Lawdy_
ahhhh dangit!
+15|5980|Australia
it's kinda annoying how Karma is a religious thing, from Buddhism, Sikh and Hindu from what i can remember.
Occasionally you get the random questions to people of what faith they have chosen (me atheist), i tell them that, they go "murr murr murr gotta have faith, etc etc", then the question returned at them, they say they believe in Karma, and think religion is stupid. I tell them that they are idiots, because they just said they believe in Karma just by itself, and not religion, or its background.
Beside 90% of modern society people only know about Karma from the TV show 'My Name Is Earl' so immediately they assume, its just some thing that some character does and does bad things, and bad happens in return, vice versa.

But personally, i think the whole Karma thing, is a load of shit; along lines with that, so is religion, just my opinion
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6662

phishman420 wrote:

moralfag
VicktorVauhn
+319|6408|Southern California
I don't think some mystic force of karma really exists...

But I do think that your random stranger is my mother, grandmother or best friend... And vice versa.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6489|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Karma is great on TV

https://pukaseries.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/mynameisearl_main.jpg
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5763|Croatia
I only heard that good deeds cancel out with bad deeds,but ask .Sup he's karma asskisser
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5700|SQUID
its a system of showing you enjoyed another persons post or a quick message
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6689|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I believe in Karma don't really believe in God but its weird how when in desperation we turn to him and ask him for help.  If I hadn't of done so many good things in my younger years I wouldn't have a kid.  Im very lucky to have her and I put it down to this and the skill of surgeons and a lot of love and luck oh and God 'cos I asked him if he could help.  I didnt believe in it before and when I was younger doing these good deeds it was because I loved the people I would help rather than think 'ahh you owe me a bit of good fortune now'.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6385

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

Why? or we doing Sarky?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5804|Catherine Black

1927 wrote:

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

Why? or we doing Sarky?
Lurk moar '27
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Nobody puts 27 in a corner, I once did carry an actual watermelon.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5804|Catherine Black

1927 wrote:

Nobody puts 27 in a corner, I once did carry an actual watermelon.
wat
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
In afterlife terms, yes. In life terms, well we have justice for that.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5697

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

moralfag
you're cool
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6662

phishman420 wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

moralfag
you're cool
Hey wait a mintue... thats sarcasm. gimme my karma back you big jerk

Last edited by Ajax_the_Great1 (2009-03-03 08:26:20)

phishman420
Banned
+821|5697

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

moralfag
you're cool
Hey wait a mintue... thats sarcasm. gimme my karma back you big jerk
ban

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard