Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA
righto, i'm typing this because i need closure. i need to get over my past and move on. i've tried ignoring, i've tried being drunk, high, etc (i faded right now, actually), but now i've proved to myself  that i need to do this.

i started out ok. i basically had every advantege that a person could want: my dad was a doctor, my parents loved me, i was raised with good grades in mind, i waised with a full family, my parents were together and still are, they love each other and spread that love, etc and so forth.

my problems were nill unti 6th grade. people started pulling an "emder2309" at that point. i was synomoyous with failure, regret, and overalll lonelieness. part of it was my adhd; most of the time it was my own awkwardness.

the point is from 6-12 I was friendless, and from 10 on i was hopelessley depressed. i thought about suicide but i knew i would never go through with it. no, instead i prayed that i would be hit by a car ora train or something. i couldn't live, but i couldn't die. i was alone, and i hated it.

then i stared college. i didn't know what was going to happen at this point, but i kneqw that i had to try something.  it was then that i entered davis, and subsequently joined sigma chi; the best decision i ever made in my entire life. i leared more about being a person, a man, and social than i've ever learned in my life during my 9 week pledge quarter. i learned more about women, functioning, and myself than ever during those 9 weeks.

i know most people here are like i used to be: alone, lost, confused, and unsure about even living. let me tell you: i am terrified, terrifeid , of being alone. i've played that game, i've done things solo, i've felt depressed, alone, scared, unable, inadequate. but let me tell you: everybody at this website can turn around like i did. i'm lucky i had my sister to guide me, many of you are on your own. many of you are already here or farther. my wish, however, is that all f you get the opportuniity that i did. i want everybody to succeed as much as i have. i was on the verge of suicide before sigma chi, now i am saved. in hoc signo winces.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Sorry but what does this have to do with video games? Your title was somewhat misleading.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

Sorry but what does this have to do with video games? Your title was somewhat misleading.
sorry, im hammered and lost. video games led me down a dark path, i lost my firends, became self concious and absorbed, etc.  then i went to college. i still suffer from depression, low self confidence and lonliness, but i'm getting over itl.
Dookie0119
+43|5778
This thread is very similar to: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=105095
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Congratulations... I guess. I couldn't quite understand a lot of what you were saying but from what I gathered you've had some shit times and you seem to have turned a corner. What I didn't like however was this:

Ender2309 wrote:

i know most people here are like i used to be: alone, lost, confused, and unsure about even living... but let me tell you: everybody at this website can turn around like i did...
Here you assume that "most" of us have the same problems you had and need the same solution you found. This is not true. Do not assume we have the same problems you have. Take an alcoholic who finally quits drinking, say he comes up to me and says "hey I was in a really bad place and after I quit drinking I recovered, you should quit drinking too." That's just dumb isn't it because he's an alcoholic and I just enjoy a drink thank-you-very-much and would like to continue doing so.

Congratulations anyway, digging yourself out of a hole is a great accomplishment.

I do find it amusing that apparently you're trashed right now as well as admitting to getting high every now and then yet it's the video games that are the cause of your hardship. I hope this turning your life around has you focusing on the big picture instead of just one little scapegoat.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6739|Comber, Northern Ireland
wat
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA
huh, when i wrote that i was thinking alot ty. thats the booze i guess. i'll fix it.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

i don't want to hijack this thread but just thought i'd pop in a sec and post this if anyone's wondering where i've been lately.

i'm taking a little break from bf2s, because 3-11PM every day spent on bf2s is just too much.  yesterday i got my homework done in an hour.  jesus that felt good.

and good job ender, but you should go to sleep for a couple hours

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-02-20 04:07:53)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
wensleydale8
+81|6769|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire

Ender2309 wrote:

righto, i'm typing this because i need closure. i need to get over my past and move on. i've tried ignoring, i've tried being drunk, high, etc (i faded right now, actually), but now i've proved to myself  that i need to do this.

i started out ok. i basically had every advantege that a person could want: my dad was a doctor, my parents loved me, i was raised with good grades in mind, i waised with a full family, my parents were together and still are, they love each other and spread that love, etc and so forth.

my problems were nill unti 6th grade. people started pulling an "emder2309" at that point. i was synomoyous with failure, regret, and overalll lonelieness. part of it was my adhd; most of the time it was my own awkwardness.

the point is from 6-12 I was friendless, and from 10 on i was hopelessley depressed. i thought about suicide but i knew i would never go through with it. no, instead i prayed that i would be hit by a car ora train or something. i couldn't live, but i couldn't die. i was alone, and i hated it.

then i stared college. i didn't know what was going to happen at this point, but i kneqw that i had to try something.  it was then that i entered davis, and subsequently joined sigma chi; the best decision i ever made in my entire life. i leared more about being a person, a man, and social than i've ever learned in my life during my 9 week pledge quarter. i learned more about women, functioning, and myself than ever during those 9 weeks.

i know most people here are like i used to be: alone, lost, confused, and unsure about even living. let me tell you: i am terrified, terrifeid , of being alone. i've played that game, i've done things solo, i've felt depressed, alone, scared, unable, inadequate. but let me tell you: everybody at this website can turn around like i did. i'm lucky i had my sister to guide me, many of you are on your own. many of you are already here or farther. my wish, however, is that all f you get the opportuniity that i did. i want everybody to succeed as much as i have. i was on the verge of suicide before sigma chi, now i am saved. in hoc signo winces.
= fail and a whole load of huh WTF???
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
baggs
+732|6204

Ender2309 wrote:

huh, when i wrote that i was thinking alot ty. thats the booze i guess. i'll fix it.
Sounds like it just not video games that have impacted upon your life mate, booze can be just as destructive, so how come you still drink? I know some people see it as a way out, numb the pain so to speak but thats just a vicious circle.

And before someone gets angry, i'm not trying to profess to know anything about your problems. I'm just trying to respond in kind.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA

baggs wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Sounds like it just not video games that have impacted upon your life mate, booze can be just as destructive, so how come you still drink? I know some people see it as a way out, numb the pain so to speak but thats just a vicious circle.

And before someone gets angry, i'm not trying to profess to know anything about your problems. I'm just trying to respond in kind.
i've been drinking on empty nights only for about 6 months. i had my first drink in college, and thankfully video games taught me to leave for when its appropriate. the only reason i'm fucke dup is becuase i was hooking up wiht a cutie and had to impress her.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
Good job at trying to bring yourself back on track. Keep it up!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
baggs
+732|6204

Ender2309 wrote:

baggs wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

i've been drinking on empty nights only for about 6 months. i had my first drink in college, and thankfully video games taught me to leave for when its appropriate. the only reason i'm fucke dup is becuase i was hooking up wiht a cutie and had to impress her.
You impressed her by getting wasted? If thats your idea if impressing then you got a lot more to worry about that i first thought. And to be truthful, the larger this thread gets, the more i smell bullshit.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6571|USA

baggs wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

baggs wrote:

You impressed her by getting wasted? If thats your idea if impressing then you got a lot more to worry about that i first thought. And to be truthful, the larger this thread gets, the more i smell bullshit.
i impresed her by being a jackass. girls love that for some reason. i hate being this drunk, but she was REALLY hot man.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

exercise  more, its good for your mind
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland
Good for you, glad to hear things are looking up.

BUT I'm pretty sure most of us here aren't how you were. I have loads of friends, I go on holiday with them every year. I'm part of the uni football team, I have a gf and I've always been popular n like to be active and get out and about. Don't think jus cos we relax on a video game forum that we are all socially backward
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland

Ender2309 wrote:

baggs wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

i impresed her by being a jackass. girls love that for some reason. i hate being this drunk, but she was REALLY hot man.
Also, you dont impress girls by being a jackass, guys who think that are the guys with no clue how to attract girls. The guys you percieve as jackasses are just alpha males that make you feel insignificant and inferior. Pre-sex, girls want a guy that can protect them both physically and mentally, that is what you show by being an alpha male. Post-sex, girls still want you to be alpha, but they also want to see a more sensitive side and someone they can confide in. Girls do not look for actual jackasses, they look for guys you think are jackasses because you have no real idea wats going on
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5684|SQUID
Its all a bit jumbled, grammar is poor, spelling okay. You have potential please show it!

C+
robcr9
+111|5981

FatherTed wrote:

Good job at trying to bring yourself back on track. Keep it up!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

I don't understand this thread.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
BL4CKL10N
+66|6282
I can't understand why video games are ''ruining'' lifes. Sure, Wow is an exception. But hey, it is just another hobby. Try to keep it, it is a skill of yours and is comparable to many other activities such as reading books, playing soccer and whatever... I find it very amusing to be able to keep up with good players and make a good match, especially after a few days of studying, learning different things, everybody needs a break.

And those who say that games lead to violence in RL are fail.

Stop drinking, stop taking drugs, and have some self confidence. It is not gaming that is killing you, but the way you think about yourself.

Thats it.
gnot<3
Leave blank to use forum default.
+45|5554
^denial, sad...
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas

gnot<3 wrote:

^denial, sad...
I don't play video games because I'm antisocial, and I'm not antisocial because I play video games.

They're a time waster, they're fun and all, but should not take precedence over social events, work, etc. I can find myself being very social, I don't have issues fitting in. In fact, most people have no idea that I play video games in spare time. It's a turn-off, it's boring, nobody understands or wants to talk to you about it.

Anyway. I agree with Ty. Most people here don't have these issues.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

BL4CKL10N wrote:

It is not gaming that is killing you, but the way you think about yourself.
This.

Video games don't ruin lives, low self-confidence does.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jackabo
+127|6558|Dublin, Ireland
'Video games ruined my life' is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You don't have friends because you play games, you play games because you don't have friends. To anyone who can slightly relate to the OP, your pretty sad, and your the only one to blame for your depression not video games.

Last edited by Jackabo (2009-02-20 07:13:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard