SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6149|New Jersey
If the competition happens, it should be a requirement that the winner folds for our team with the GTX260.  Goes without saying I guess.

It will be tough to come up with a contest where everyone has a fair chance of winning, I'll try to think of something though.  I like the idea about recruiting new members.  That would probably help out the team more than any other competition.
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5858|one windy city
my SMP client started producing 300ppd from 3 to 4k? the cpu does not get a 100% load anymore? did i f something up with the settings?

Ask before fetching/sending work (no/yes) [no]?

Use proxy (yes/no) [no]?

Acceptable size of work assignment and work result packets (bigger units
may have large memory demands) -- 'small' is <5MB, 'normal' is <10MB, and
'big' is >10MB (small/normal/big) [big]?

Change advanced options (yes/no) [no]? yes

Launch automatically, install as a service in this directory (yes/no) [no]?

Core Priority (idle/low) [idle]?

CPU usage requested (5-100) [100]?

Disable highly optimized assembly code (no/yes) [no]?

Pause if battery power is being used (useful for laptops) (no/yes) [no]?

Interval, in minutes, between checkpoints (3-30) [3]?

Memory, in MB, to indicate (3340 available) [3340]?   

Set -advmethods flag always, requesting new advanced
scientific cores and/or work units if available (no/yes) [no]?

Ignore any deadline information (mainly useful if
system clock frequently has errors) (no/yes) [no]?

Machine ID (1-16) [1]?

The following options require you to restart the client before they take effect
Disable CPU affinity lock (no/yes) [no]?

Not useful for SMP since it use all cores.

Additional client parameters []?

IP address to bind core to (for viewer) []?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

make sure to run the

Code:

-smp -advmethods -forceasm -verbosity 9
flags

config looks good though

Last edited by max (2009-02-18 12:49:08)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5858|one windy city

max wrote:

make sure to run the

Code:

-smp -advmethods -forceasm -verbosity 9
flags

config looks good though
that fixed it, thanks

Last edited by bad-man (2009-02-25 17:48:36)

max
Vela Incident

Helped a friend set-up and OC is new system today. From now on he'll fold under the name Axl for Team 137764 with an E5200 @ 3.6GHz
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
think my stats are up now
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
max
Vela Incident

FatherTed wrote:

think my stats are up now

also I hit 9M today
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

I hit 1M today

I'm coming, father!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
max
Vela Incident

Damn you caps filter

Last edited by max (2009-02-19 18:16:02)

max
Vela Incident

Just hit a global rank of 250
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

max wrote:

Just hit a global rank of 250
In a month your rank will be better than the team's
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6853|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I hit 1M today

I'm coming, father!
Says the altar boy.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6424|Finland

Post complete list what I should download and do to get some F@H running on SLi and i7 and my rig might use its idle time to something more useful.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6207|Winland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=105194&p=1
Ya, really.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum
folding away happily on the e7200 and 4850 now, had to scale it back on the gpu though as fah was turning it into a small furnace
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sydney
2λчиэλ

FatherTed wrote:

folding away happily on the e7200 and 4850 now, had to scale it back on the gpu though as fah was turning it into a small furnace
My computer heats my room single handedly, I never need to turn any radiator on, even in middle of the darkest winter.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Ya, really.
I recommend setting up a virtual machine and using my Linux tut for CPU folding, yields WAY more points than windows client.
edit: merged doublepost

Last edited by Sydney (2009-02-23 14:10:11)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum

Sydney wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

My computer heats my room single handedly, I never need to turn any radiator on, even in middle of the darkest winter.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Ya, really.
I recommend setting up a virtual machine and using my Linux tut for CPU folding, yields WAY more points than windows client.
edit: merged doublepost
lol, but i didnt really want to leave my card running at 100c+, i really need to sort out airflow for this rig.

/cant wait for csa payments
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sydney
2λчиэλ
That's why I have dual 120mm fans sucking air from my GPUs The difference in temps before and after I put them there are HUUUUUUUUUUUGE.
max
Vela Incident

Luckily I have good warranty on my cards. Running the GTX295s 3°C below critical shutdown temp can't be good in the long run ...

Check my average PPD. 100k+ club

Sydney wrote:

Max has challenged me to a race! Do I reach 1M before he reaches 10M?

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!

Winner gets the girl (Freezer)
Freezer will have to get naked for me this week
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51
Could someone help me setup the damn GPU client, because I do not understand the GPU guide. Yes I know I'm a tard for not understanding it

Last edited by RDMC (2009-02-24 06:36:48)

max
Vela Incident

With a single GPU it should just be extract and run. Add me on MSN or xfire and I'll walk you though it
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51

max wrote:

With a single GPU it should just be extract and run. Add me on MSN or xfire and I'll walk you though it
Will do.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6207|Winland

-11 outside. Window open. Heater disabled. 18C inside.

I love folding.
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5858|one windy city
Team moved up to 188 spot,

188    41    5    BF2S.com    188    188    180    164    23,236    168,164    1,160,888    28,314    18,145

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard