kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland

TC.Troy wrote:

kylef wrote:

Oh dear @ testing:

http://www.f1today.nl/fotos/jihkevte1.jpg
I believe thats for air flow...
What? I'm talking about that awful green on the what-was a nice McLaren. Well, as nice as it could be.
Microwave
_
+515|6625|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543

kylef wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

kylef wrote:

Oh dear @ testing:

http://www.f1today.nl/fotos/jihkevte1.jpg
What? I'm talking about that awful green on the what-was a nice McLaren. Well, as nice as it could be.
I understood that mate.  The green paint is to show airflow over the body, and how it interacts with the wing/winglets...over all, its simply to give an instant and tracable wiew of airflow.

at least, thats my understanding anyway, please verify and tell me if I'm wrong.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Thank fuck for that, maybe they can go back to their blue/yellow livery instead of this ugly ING one
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543

Mekstizzle wrote:

Thank fuck for that, maybe they can go back to their blue/yellow livery instead of this ugly ING one
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the blue/yellow was "Mild Seven".  Truly tho, the car did look loads better before the ING sponsorship.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

TC.Troy wrote:

kylef wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

I understood that mate.  The green paint is to show airflow over the body, and how it interacts with the wing/winglets...over all, its simply to give an instant and tracable wiew of airflow.

at least, thats my understanding anyway, please verify and tell me if I'm wrong.
Seems correct. It's what I thought also.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Just saying it makes it look ugly
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
The MP4-24 and the RB9 are the most beautiful cars on the grid so far. Lets see if Toro Rosso and Force India (and maybe Honda?) can come up with something nice
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF

TC.Troy wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the blue/yellow was "Mild Seven".  Truly tho, the car did look loads better before the ING sponsorship.
Beneton as well.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543

kylef wrote:

Just saying it makes it look ugly
I certainly can't argue with that.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
There was a topic showing this video but I hadn't watched it until now, very good video explaining the changes in a nice visual way. It's stuff like this that needs to be done more often to bring in more fans who can sometimes feel overwhelmed by all the technical shit. Even me, this video makes things just seem alot more simpler. Also graphics etc.. were fuckin awesome, I hope the next F1 game can look like that
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543

SirSchloppy wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Beneton as well.
You are indeed correct sir.  Still yet, its lightyears better than ING.  Beneton was (btw) the livery that Schumaker raced with, I'll be glad to see something like it back tbh.
I cant stand Renault, nor Flavio, nor Fernando for that matter...but still, I'd like to see it back.
Microwave
_
+515|6625|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

There was a topic showing this video but I hadn't watched it until now, very good video explaining the changes in a nice visual way. It's stuff like this that needs to be done more often to bring in more fans who can sometimes feel overwhelmed by all the technical shit. Even me, this video makes things just seem alot more simpler. Also graphics etc.. were fuckin awesome, I hope the next F1 game can look like that
That's exactly what I thought, it's a really well made video.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Honda and Senna... whats the news?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Want to win a 3-day trip to the Singapore Grand Prix with a pitlane tour?

If you have a great name to immortalise
turns 1, 7 or 10, email your suggestion
to [email protected]
from now until Feb 28, explaining to
the judging panel your choice in no
more than 50 words.
• Three winners will each receive a
three-day 2009 Formula 1 SingTel
Singapore Grand Prix pass for the
grandstand closest to the turn they’ve
named, as well as a pitlane tour.
• The best overall contributor will also
get a two-night stay in a five-star
trackside hotel.
• Names must have a strong local
flavour and be no longer than three
words — that includes the words “Turn”
or “Corner” — and cannot incorporate
commercial names.
• The contest is open to all individuals,
regardless of nationality or country
of residence, except for employees
(and immediate family members) of
Singapore GP, Today, authorised agencies
and principal sponsors associated
with the Singapore Grand Prix.
More info here
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Isn't it getting a bit late?
How are they going to develop a new car in time?
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

DrunkFace wrote:

Isn't it getting a bit late?
How are they going to develop a new car in time?
Honda started planning for 2009 in the early stages on the 2008 season as they weren't going to competitive.

Honda have promised the buyers that they will stay on and provide expertise for 2009.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

The new Donington Park looks pretty cool
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mekstizzle
WALKER
They need to do something to the Valencia street circuit and the Malaysian one, they were pretty boring races last time I checked. Maybe all these rule changes will change it, but I doubt it, the course is still probably numero uno in terms of generating excitement, then the rules, then the cars, then the drivers
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5532|Stoke, England
Looks good can't wait to see it in action
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

Sidsnot wrote:

Looks good can't wait to see it in action
Stop being so damn sarcastic Sidsnot I know you don't like F1

#100 reply yay