bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6462

Facebook's terms of service (TOS) used to say that when you closed an account on their network, any rights they claimed to the original content you uploaded would expire. Not anymore.

Now, anything you upload to Facebook can be used by Facebook in any way they deem fit, forever, no matter what you do later. Want to close your account? Good for you, but Facebook still has the right to do whatever it wants with your old content. They can even sublicense it if they want.

You hereby grant Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any User Content you (i) Post on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof subject only to your privacy settings or (ii) enable a user to Post, including by offering a Share Link on your website and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof.

That language is the same as in the old TOS, but there was an important couple of lines at the end of that section that have been removed:

You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain archived copies of your User Content.

Furthermore, the "Termination" section near the end of the TOs states:

The following sections will survive any termination of your use of the Facebook Service: Prohibited Conduct, User Content, Your Privacy Practices, Gift Credits, Ownership; Proprietary Rights, Licenses, Submissions, User Disputes; Complaints, Indemnity, General Disclaimers, Limitation on Liability, Termination and Changes to the Facebook Service, Arbitration, Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction and Other.

Make sure you never upload anything you don't feel comfortable giving away forever, because it's Facebook's now.
Source

Sounds like invasion of privacy to me, eventhough you have to agree to it
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6782|Finland

One can always refer to agreeing to the old TOS and not the new ones. That is, until FB comes with a notification prompting to agree to the new TOS before continuing to use the service.
I need around tree fiddy.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5939|Catherine Black
Or you could just not use Facebook.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6782|Finland

Finray wrote:

This is not an option.
I need around tree fiddy.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6614|cuntshitlake

DonFck wrote:

Finray wrote:

This is not an option.
I like that one tbh.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6303|what

Finray wrote:

It doesn't work like that.

I use facebook, just to keep in contact with friends, but I just saw some "tagged" photos of me from a party this weekend.

I fucking I hate that tbh. There's pics of yourself that you wouldn't even have posted, but your friends do. As if it's a way of saying, "see how cool my party was? Look who came!"
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6673|...

i thinks its an overkill mechanism so someone doesn't sue them if their stuff was to mistakenly include something in an add or screen shot.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5839|Notts, UK

jsnipy wrote:

i thinks its an overkill mechanism so someone doesn't sue them if their stuff was to mistakenly include something in an add or screen shot.
Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, all the privacy-obsessed people who claim that facebook is going to keep tabs on everybody and all the parties they go to and all the stupid pictures of you, and sell it all to the FBI, it's just stupid... Facebook has better things to do than use the crap you write there, they're just covering themselves legally for unlikely situations where that clause may save them large amounts of money when some nutcase sues them. No big deal, tbh
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6872|Sydney, Australia
This is why I never upload any photos on to facebook. Fuck em.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6891|OctoLand

mcminty wrote:

This is why I never upload any photos on to facebook. Fuck em.
This
I know fucking karate
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6866

JoshP wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, all the privacy-obsessed people who claim that facebook is going to keep tabs on everybody and all the parties they go to and all the stupid pictures of you, and sell it all to the FBI, it's just stupid... Facebook has better things to do than use the crap you write there, they're just covering themselves legally for unlikely situations where that clause may save them large amounts of money when some nutcase sues them. No big deal, tbh
Lol the it won't bother me argument. Just because you think they might not doesn't mean they won't. Hell, some kid got arrested coz he had a pic of him smoking pot. Colleges and Cops can pretty much see everything on facebook.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ioan92
+337|5873
There is a very simple way to solve this,

Watermarks, bitch. Copyright the image to yourself and sue anyone who uses it without your consent, or...

Ditch the gay site. I hate those sites with a motherfucking passion.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6532|the land of bourbon

jsnipy wrote:

this ^

that TOS is merely a cya from them.  besides, if you decided not to agree to their tos for the reasons they have stated, and lawyer worth his license would get your shit deleted.  it's a catch 22 on their part, because they are saying if you agree to the TOS, they own your shit, and if you don't agree, they still own your shit.  they aren't allowed to do that, so that TOS is merely fluff.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6643|N. Ireland

DonFck wrote:

One can always refer to agreeing to the old TOS and not the new ones. That is, until FB comes with a notification prompting to agree to the new TOS before continuing to use the service.
Surely there will be a "these terms are subject to change without notification" clause.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6306|Vancouver | Canada
People who get hyped up over this kind of shit need to be shot.

Twice.

In the nuts.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6280|Carnoustie MASSIF
This is why I don't put up loads of shit on Myface, only what is necessary.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6624|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Finray wrote:

This man has said a thing of wisdom!
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6280|Carnoustie MASSIF

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Finray wrote:

This man has said a thing of wisdom!
For once.
too_money2007
+145|6458|Keller, Tx
FB users deserve it. Stupid fucking social sites are the debil!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6716|England

DefCon-17 wrote:

Twice.

In the nuts.
This.

Seriously, do I care what they do with pictures of me smashed? My road full of snow? Pics from a holiday?

Not. At. All.
Microwave
_
+515|6805|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I was about to post this.

I'm not too fussed really. It's not like I have anything to hide.
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6637|Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Snake wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Twice.

In the nuts.
This.

Seriously, do I care what they do with pictures of me smashed? My road full of snow? Pics from a holiday?

Not. At. All.
What about if one of those photos of you smashed ends up on a large bill board in your home town in an anti drinking campaign?

Will you care then?
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6519|Calgary, Canada

hawaythelads wrote:

Snake wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Twice.

In the nuts.
This.

Not. At. All.
What about if one of those photos of you smashed ends up on a large bill board in your home town in an anti drinking campaign?

Will you care then?
I'd be famous!
ack   well luckily the photos on there are shrunken down to like 60kb so they arent good enough for print anyway?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|6055|CA

Cybargs wrote:

Hell, some kid got arrested coz he had a pic of him smoking pot.
MICHEAL PHELPS.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-02-16 17:43:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard