Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

Oh ? ... you don't want the F1 Ferrari ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6277|eng

Varegg wrote:

Oh ? ... you don't want the F1 Ferrari ?
Not really tbh.
#rekt
Varegg
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

^^Really

Last two damn 700 races are getting on my nerves, bought the Tuned Lotus 111R and are really getting close but not quite

Dealership races are almost done, only lack the Ferrari, Mercedes and Lotus events ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
bennisboy
+829|6637|Poundland
Oh my god, I'm such a dildo at this game! Ah well, I've never played GT before, I'm sure I'll get better
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Yeah, there's no license tests to help ease you into it. Just turn on the racing line and follow it around to get a hang of the course and the car etc.. use slipstreaming to catch up to people ahead of you.

I'm right now playing more F1 than GT5. I'm doing a career and have started off with Super Aguri (had to start off as a test driver, now I'm their second driver, hopefully I'll be in a good team in a few seasons time) - It's bloody hard even on medium difficulty. It's quite realistic too. Gotta save up for the F1 car in GT5 to see how they compare

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-04-18 07:42:28)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6379|New York

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah, there's no license tests to help ease you into it. Just turn on the racing line and follow it around to get a hang of the course and the car etc.. use slipstreaming to catch up to people ahead of you.

I'm right now playing more F1 than GT5. I'm doing a career and have started off with Super Aguri (had to start off as a test driver, now I'm their second driver, hopefully I'll be in a good team in a few seasons time) - It's bloody hard even on medium difficulty. It's quite realistic too. Gotta save up for the F1 car in GT5 to see how they compare
Unfortunately, I found F1 to be too technical (surprise coming from me, who prefers simulation racers to arcade racers) and a little dry. Had to return it after a day, sadly. It just didn't captivate me the way that GT does. Plus, there wasn't enough variation in the cars for me to really enjoy it. It's an exquisite game, just not for me.

I'm curious to see how the F1 in GT5P matches up to the F1 cars in F1.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Yeah, I'm just borrowing it. It's a good game, but you really have to be an F1 fan and love all things F1 to get into the game. It's a niche game, but one of those golden niche games
bennisboy
+829|6637|Poundland
Well i'm getting the hang of it the only course i really struggle with is suzuka. Typin this from my PS3 now!
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5554|Stoke, England
Just got it, think it's great, done most of C class and bought myself a nice little Mustang

Anyone know when GT5 comes out?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Sidsnot wrote:

Just got it, think it's great, done most of C class and bought myself a nice little Mustang

Christmas
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6834|England

Poseidon wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

Christmas
Which one........
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Teamsreth wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

Christmas
Which one........
The one coming up in December?
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6834|England
So deffo this year? Without fail?

To think, even I would have had my PS3 for 18 months by then, and the only reason I got one was for this bloody game.

It had better be worth it!
Varegg
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

Teamsreth wrote:

So deffo this year? Without fail?

To think, even I would have had my PS3 for 18 months by then, and the only reason I got one was for this bloody game.

It had better be worth it!
Late November or early December 2009.

Just getting the GT5:Prologue was for me worth buying the PS3
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5969|Blue Mountain State
Yeah i've just started to get back into it the other day. I'm really loving the Aston Martin. The Ferrari California has been getting me some pretty fast lap times as well.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5554|Stoke, England
Is there no car tuning in this game?

Will there be in the full?

Ta xx
Varegg
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

Sidsnot wrote:

Is there no car tuning in this game?

Will there be in the full?

Ta xx
There is minor tuning in the Prologue when you finish the A class events and unlocks S class ... not sure but hopefully the tuning in the full version will atleast match the previous games ...
Varegg
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

Been playing this game again over the weekend and finally managed to do the S7 event with a Evo X tuned, now all I need is to finish the dreaded S10 event, lots of 6th - 10th places so far ... bleh

Finished all dealership events with all Gold except the TVR which is Silver ...

Also got some more golds on A, B and C events so it now totals 32 Gold, 5 Silver and 2 Bronze + the last S10 event that has yet to be done ...

Bought the Citroen GT but typically enough you can't use that in any S events because of the high performance points ...
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5554|Stoke, England
Kewl

Even thought it's supposedly not the full game, and only costs £20, there's still loads to do.

Played it longer than Uncharted and probably GTA both which where ~£40
Varegg
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

Less than 1 second away from clearing the S10 event last night with the Tuned Corvette

Have to hone my skills another notch and the last race will be done, am now stable at 5th and 6th place ...
Varegg
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

And now Varegg is the proud owner of a Ferrari

S10 event finally cleared and even got a silver with the tuned Corvette

S Class bonus car
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Nissan GTR Proto 05
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

guys

i reached the s class and cbad

so

i dled a save game file and switched it with my save game and now i has teh Ferrari F1

Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5554|Stoke, England

Gooners wrote:

guys

so

i dled a save game file and switched it with my save game and now i has teh Ferrari F1

omg that's cheating
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

Sidsnot wrote:

Gooners wrote:

guys

so

omg that's cheating
dont have the time tbh

mate

F1 with a steering wheel is the BEST THING EVER.
Varegg
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

Gooners wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

Gooners wrote:

guys

so

omg that's cheating
dont have the time tbh

mate

F1 with a steering wheel is the BEST THING EVER.
Only driven it with the sixaxis so far ... takes a little time to get used to because it accelerates so damn fast and braking grip is equal to zero ... while you can brake another car around a turn that is hopeless with the F1 ... will try with my G25 later this week ...

The satisfaction of having done all the races myself (hint hint) is way better me thinks ... also improved a couple of races so I now have

32 Gold 4 Silver and 4 Bronze

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard