Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

https://i44.tinypic.com/eu1nwm.jpg
An idea

For the first time, using high efficiency LED light bulbs doesn't mean forgoing light intensity. The C. Crane GeoBulb II Long Lasting LED Light Bulb not only uses a mere 8 watts of energy when compared to the normal 60 watts that is used by a regular 60-watt incandescent light bulb, but it offers more light. The GeoBulb also has an estimated lifespan of approximately 30,000 hours, which means it tough enough to last you for years and years to come. Standard incandescent bulb uses mercury and gives off a humming sound, none of which is present with this LED. Additionally, the GeoBulb generates little to no heat and isn't susceptible to failure as a result of vibrations or repeated on/off switching. At the same size as conventional bulbs, you can be sure the GeoBulb will work anywhere in your home, even in colder temperatures. Take advantage of this technology and save money while using an energy efficient, environmentally friendly light bulb.
  • What colors are available?The GeoBulb™ comes in Cool White, Soft White and Warm White. Cool White is 5,223 Kelvin and has a slight blue tint but is close to actual sunlight. Soft White is 3,812 Kelvin and a modern color blend between Cool and Warm. Warm White is 2,642 Kelvin and close to a tradition incandescent color.What color is best for my application?
  • Cool White is the most energy efficient and puts out the most light for work areas. Soft White is a compromise for maximum light output while having a pleasant color for general work or most home lighting. Warm White is for ambiance such as a restaurant or home lighting. All GeoBulbs™ consume 7.5 Watts but light output is reduced for on Soft White and Warm White colors.How was the GeoBulb™ designed to be used?
  • The GeoBulb™ is designed to be used indoors at an ambient temperature that does not exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit. A ceiling downlilght fixture is an excellent application for the GeoBulb™. It also works well for desk lamps or floor lamps.How long will the GeoBulb™ last?
  • The GeoBulb™ is designed to last 30,000 hours. This is three years at 24/7 or 20 years of use at an average of 4 hours day.
https://i43.tinypic.com/2u9k0w6.jpg
In 1997 we began experimenting with white LEDs. In 1998 we made our first Freeplay radio with an amber LED emergency light. When they became available, this was converted to white LEDs for our emergency flashlight. C. Crane introduced the first multi-bulb white LED flashlight in the United States in 1998. It is called the CCTrek Light and is manufactured by Tektite in Trenton, New Jersey. We still market the CCTrek light and it is still made in the U.S. Our first 120 Volt white LED bulb was marketed in 2001.Today, C. Crane is a leading distributor of high performance radios in the U.S. and a major distributor of white LED products. C. Crane has a commitment to quality and customer service.
  • Illuminates to the equivalent of a 60 watt incandescent light bulb, yet uses less than 8 watts   
  • LED light is durable enough to last up to 10 years at approximately eight hours usage per day   
  • Same size as a conventional incandescent light bulb with an innovative design   
  • Suitable for replacement of any indoor light bulb

http://www.geobulb.com/

They aren't cheap if you aren't looking long term (good quality LED's rarely are). But I'm sure the prices will come down. Having these installed in new homes would be .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=120824

similar concept.
Right, so you can actually buy these now. Certainly newsworthy.

This also answers the misinformation in that thread.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
This is brightness, not longevity, but yeah.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten
Sorry... but:

Kmarion wrote:

...the normal 60 watts that is used by a regular 60-watt incandescent light bulb...

Anyway, these actually do look
EE (hats
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

This is brightness, not longevity, but yeah.
10 years?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Morpheus wrote:

Sorry... but:

Kmarion wrote:

...the normal 60 watts that is used by a regular 60-watt incandescent light bulb...

Anyway, these actually do look
hmm
https://i42.tinypic.com/2ev3ia8.jpg
Makes sense.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
$120. 

I will steal your bulbs.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

i like saving money but i aint dropping that amount of green on a bulb.  i will stick with my normal ones from wal mart.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

usmarine wrote:

i like saving money but i aint dropping that amount of green on a bulb.  i will stick with my normal ones from wal mart.
Well, in the long run you save....
EE (hats
Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

C. crane is expensive tbh.

What happens when the light craps out on you after a year?

But I would like to have one of their trek lights.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Reciprocity wrote:

$120. 

I will steal your bulbs.
The price is virtually unnoticeable when you put it in a 30 year mortgage... oh yea, you'll have this bulb for a decade and your electric bill will love you. I like where this is going.

@Volatile
And by the way, if it breaks they will fix it. LED's do not need a vacuum to operate.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Morpheus wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Well, in the long run you save....
i can say the same for lots of things tbh.  but a bulb is the least of my concerns at this time.
Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

Kmarion wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

$120. 

I will steal your bulbs.
The price is virtually unnoticeable when you put it in a 30 year mortgage... oh yea, you'll have this bulb for a decade and your electric bill will love you. I like where this is going.

@Volatile
And by the way, if it breaks they will fix it. LED's do not need a vacuum to operate.
I had looked at their bulbs a while back and had not noticed this. If they do indeed cover the bulb for the life expectancy that they are advertising, then I may have to pick one up.
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Kmarion wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

$120. 

I will steal your bulbs.

@Volatile
all that's fine.  I'm just saying, I'm gunna start stealing light bulbs.  At $120 a pop, it's a nice side business.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Volatile wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

$120. 

I will steal your bulbs.

@Volatile
I had looked at their bulbs a while back and had not noticed this. If they do indeed cover the bulb for the life expectancy that they are advertising, then I may have to pick one up.
3 years I just checked. Honestly that needs to come up. 5 years at least.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

The user reviews of these bulbs has been quite unimpressive ... mostly, consumers have noted that the light output is about 50-60% of advertised levels.  Thus, their true cost performance is really not better than a compact florescent.

I think satisfactory performance will be good perhaps 3 years, but it isn't there yet.   So, I'm still advocating compact florescent bulbs until this technology matures.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Reciprocity wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

$120. 

I will steal your bulbs.

@Volatile
all that's fine.  I'm just saying, I'm gunna start stealing light bulbs.  At $120 a pop, it's a nice side business.
Just leave the TV. Although I'll need the bulbs to compensate for it's power usage.

I'm thinking it would cost about $1600 to replace all of the mostly used lights in my house. That is once their can lighting solution comes out.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

OrangeHound wrote:

The user reviews of these bulbs has been quite unimpressive ... mostly, consumers have noted that the light output is about 50-60% of advertised levels.  Thus, their true cost performance is really not better than a compact florescent.

I think satisfactory performance will be good perhaps 3 years, but it isn't there yet.   So, I'm still advocating compact florescent bulbs until this technology matures.
That's how I discovered these.

A very good review on http://live.twit.tv/ .

Where have you seen these user reviews? Curios since they've only been out a week.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Total cost still more then fluorescent ones, but as the tech develops the $120 will surely drop. I remember when fluorescent bulbs were up around the $25-30, and now they're $5-8.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
LEDs are the future, not CFLs which are total insanity to be blunt.
Cost should come down by orders of magnitude once they are in volume production.
Life is unlikely to be great, assuming they are non-hermetically packaged, optical products just don't last that well.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

DrunkFace wrote:

Total cost still more then fluorescent ones, but as the tech develops the $120 will surely drop. I remember when fluorescent bulbs were up around the $25-30, and now they're $5-8.
No they are not. The total cost figure is a little misleading in the OP. It does not consider the fact that led's last twice as long as cfls.

CFL $107 over five years
LED $147 over ten years
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Dilbert_X wrote:

Cost should come down by orders of magnitude once they are in volume production.
Life is unlikely to be great, assuming they are non-hermetically packaged, optical products just don't last that well.
It's basically illuminating plastic so you can infact have them last longer than 10 years when the tech is perfected ... think OH is referring to testprojects that have been with LED bulbs that wasn't so great ...

LED bulbs with witricity will be awesome
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Varegg wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

It's basically illuminating plastic so you can infact have them last longer than 10 years when the tech is perfected ... think OH is referring to testprojects that have been with LED bulbs that wasn't so great ...

LED bulbs with witricity will be awesome
Independent testing.
http://www.geobulb.com/documents/GeoBul … -13169.pdf

Why Independent Photometric Testing?
Independent photometric testing provides an unbiased evaluation of your luminaire's photometric performance. These results can be useful for product development, quality assurance, marketing literature, and confirmation of product performance.
http://luminairetesting.com/faqs.html#WHY
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

Kmarion wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

No they are not. The total cost figure is a little misleading in the OP. It does not consider the fact that led's last twice as long as cfls.

CFL $107 over five years
LED $147 over ten years
Yes it does.
12 CFL (5*12=$60) = 30,000 hours, 1 LED ($120) =30,000 hours
30,000 hours CFC = $47 electricity, 30,000 hours LED = $27

Total for 30,000 hours (the same time)
CFC = $107
LED = $147

LED is $40 more expensive every 30,000 hours.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard