chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

You're cutting edge.

You have a forum account.

You've been waiting for the BF2S upgrade for a while.

You've been bugging the buhjesus out of me for it.

You know what a PID number is -- you know yours -- you have it memorized.

You should put it here.

Please be gentle, it's a complete rewrite from the ground up with a LOT of new code, new procedures, and just generally untested ... you're helping me test it.

If anything goes crazy haywire for you, please, take screenshots, give me URL's and DETAILED descriptions of what happened, how, and what was wrong.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

gibson comes full circle, i see. ill check it for myself when i go into the database
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-
Bug: It says I am eligible for the Navy SEAL service medal, which requires 100 hours of play with them (or so it says) while I only have 13 hours with them.

FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6807|A Small Isle in the Tropics

The dotted line under the Win-Loss Ratio shows whats needed to get to WCR..neat. But is there supposed to be a tooltip result for Weapon Accuracy since the percentages are underscored with dotted lines? Nothing shows on my browser (I m using Safari)..

Last edited by mikeshw (2006-03-19 19:28:49)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6716|The United Center
i have the same problem trig has.  also, for gaining the rank of liutenant colonel (i'm only a 1st liu right now) it says " Next Rank: Lieutenant Colonel; 61.48%; Score: 76,856 of 125,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 48 in 112 days (or 00:00:01 straight)."  As nice as it would be to gain that in one second of playtime, i doubt its going to happen.

everything else looks super sexy though.  i'm loving the new accuracy details under each weapon category (shots fired and shots hit).  very good work chuy....definitely worth the wait.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6642|A sunburnt country
Nice work....................I want!
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England
Nice Job

Only problems I noticed was that the layout for some people is all over the place in internet explorer but not others. Its fine for me but your profile is affected.

Also you have Defibrillator under weapon stats and shock pads under equipment. (Same thing). I preferred it when you had weapon stats in one box, equipment in another and a 3rd box just for usage (grapple/zip/gas) but other people may disagree.

Are you going to add the new Euro Forces awards?
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
I must be missing something.  When I click on the link I see a new format for another player.  When I place my PID into the field I see the same old format.  What am I missing?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra

ShotYourSix wrote:

I must be missing something.  When I click on the link I see a new format for another player.  When I place my PID into the field I see the same old format.  What am I missing?
you need to put you pid in the link in the address bar, not into the player search place.
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6679|Gütersloh, Germany
Time To Advancement is buggy. It shows First Sergeant and/or Sergeant Major even if you're not eligible for it

http://gibson.bf2s.com/player/43964123/
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas

the_heart_attack wrote:

ShotYourSix wrote:

you need to put you pid in the link in the address bar, not into the player search place.
Thanks...that did the trick.

* My time in theatre is in excess is of my total time played.......

Total time played = 383 hours
Total time in theatre = 768 hours (roughly)

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-03-20 20:28:49)

Exsolizion7
+1|6642
nice work!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

looks great. the only thing it doesnt show with mine are my victims, but maybe thats still coming.

nice work
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6679|Germany
Looks pretty good...nice work !

Just one thing...do the little black bars in the awards section serve any purpose later, or is just a "beta - bug" ?

Last edited by HellHead (2006-03-20 02:21:35)

Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6758|England

HellHead wrote:

Just one thing...do the little black bars in the awards section serve any purpose later, or is just a "beta - bug" ?
Correct me if im wrong but don’t they indicate the awards you are eligible for but have not yet met the IAR requirements?
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6679|Germany

Kobrakai wrote:

HellHead wrote:

Correct me if im wrong but don’t they indicate the awards you are eligible for but have not yet met the IAR requirements?
Just checked it a bit more intensly...Yep, you´re right. Cool feature ! Thanks for that ! ( Though I still didnt get any of my SF badges, even though requierments are met...Grrrr...)
reubenhelms1
+0|6703|Brisbane, Australia
Nice work.  I guess it is beta still, and if its less of a performance hit, then all the better.

Since I'm a programmer in RealLife(TM), helping test this would be my pleasure (actually, I've been trolling the forums all weekend watching for the release of this).

Time: I did like the break down by BF2 and BF2:SF.  A further break down for BF2:EF and even BF2:AF (when that becomes available) would be way cool.

Team Profile: Took me a few seconds to work out what WCR stands for.  Since its just a rollover anyway, it probably wouldnt hurt to just put in War College Ribbon.  I'm sure its going to pop up on the forums way too often.

Equipment: This section did look better with Equipment and Usage sections, rather than being rolled into one.  The zeros for non relevant fields look a little messy.  But I'm guessing for a few things, like this and the missing score per minutes for kills and deaths, you're working on the backend more than the front end.

Misc Stats: I was wondering what timezone the datestamps are?  Being in Australia (GMT+10 for Brisbane), it would be a helpful clue to know what the timezone is so that when I do a refresh and I'm not due for an update until 05:39, it would be helpful to know what timezone that is so I can work out local time, and just not bother coming back until then.

Awards: As previously mentioned, SF Navy Seals has a requirement of 100h which is 100%. But thats not quite gelling with the 4500h requirement of the others and my measly 9:22:19 time racked up to SEALs.

I did like the small green tick for items that are 100% complete.  It brings focus on the other items that are not 100% complete.  I'm a big fan of the displaying of current and future badge requirements.  The underlining of awards with just IAR requirements remaining is also good.  I think when some people use the site, they just dont realise that they can do a mouse over to see the requirements for those awards.  Hopefully this will make them a bit more curious.

Oh, as an edit, forgot to mention, there's doesnt appear to be requirements for Far East and Middle East service ribbons (not that there is on the current page, but at least there's a short explaination).  As SF ribbons  still say 5hrs instead of 50hrs as mentions in the forums (another common question easily answered with a search).

Time To Advancement: Also as previously mentioned, there seems to be a rounding error of a factor of 1000 with the remaing pts requirements (i.e. "Score: 13,252 of 20,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 6 in 109 days (or 00:05:41 straight)." and "Score: 13,252 of 50,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 36 in 595 days (or 00:00:01 straight)."

The other missing items are the EF army and awards, but thats probably not so important at the moment.  I think I've managed to put 5 hours against that booster pack, but still havent had a chance to play as EU.

This is probably a bit off topic, but have you considered providing raw xml and a client side XSL/XSLT.  If bandwidth is a problem, I'm sure a gzipped XML being grabbed would be so much smaller than the full deal + images.  Power users (those who can setup their own local apache installation with XSLT processor) could grab the XML and display the data how they like it.  Some may even develop an XSLT/CSS package that transforms the XML to look exactly like the current page.  On the flipside, this may contravene acceptable usage of the EA stats server, and you'd probably miss out on the income generated by the GoogleAds stuff, that helps cover the code of hosting. Oops.  I think I just rabbited myself into a reason why its not done that way.

Anyway, nice work. Feel fuzzy and rest easy.

Last edited by reubenhelms1 (2006-03-20 06:34:13)

reubenhelms1
+0|6703|Brisbane, Australia
Just thought I'd run it through a couple of tools and check the html source.  I can see that the BF2/BF2:SF info is being generated, its just being commented out in the html.

There's a javascript link to 127.0.0.1:1052/js.cgi?pca&r=6486 in the header.  Since this is my localhost, what purpose might it serve? Or is it just a typo, when it should be refering back to gibson or some other page (like the Google Ads stuff. I just noticed that it wasnt actually on the page).

This tool shows up some interesting suggestions that could be helpful with size and performance (http://www.websiteoptimization.com/serv … /43917103/).  You've probably already got something similar, but I only found it today at work and thought it was interesting.

Last edited by reubenhelms1 (2006-03-20 06:47:51)

Frytrixa
+10|6596|Germany
I copied my PID and pasted it in the adress bar - then i got this error

"Player is not in the database.
You have been placed in the queue for a stats update. You are currently 94th in line."
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

Frytrixa wrote:

I copied my PID and pasted it in the adress bar - then i got this error

"Player is not in the database.
You have been placed in the queue for a stats update. You are currently 94th in line."
thats no error, you just have to wait a while
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6813|England
Looking Good..

Although Valorous Unit Ribbon is showing that I require 90000 more hours as squad member
(I would rather that it didn't take that long )

piccy
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6677|NL
i found a very serious bug, chuy!

you might take a better look at your coding, cause this aint shit!

https://home.wanadoo.nl/h.gaastra/bugje.gif

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

well. i love tha accuracy thingy. its awesome!!!! i love the layout of it. but it shows none of my "more victims" and whats with the little line under some of thew badges and medals?
no graphs

but me like
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6646
I found this thing...

https://img501.imageshack.us/img501/219/untitled1gd.th.jpg

It says 100%, but it hasn't been check marked. Small thing, but its a bug

And this:

Quote: "Score: 45,539 of 50,000. At your historical rate, you should earn 4 in 27 days (or 00:02:15 straight)."

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-03-20 12:46:24)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Fav victim has been changed and a few of the other bugs mentioned above, but looks great! 

*insert random thanks for the great site chuy suck up comment here*

KJ

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard