Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6816

chuyskywalker wrote:

Whitegreek wrote:

Nice work, Myabe someone should get to work on a UBAR for maps, I'd put my hand up for that one!
I take submission via email -- Word, RTF, heck, I'll take notepad if you got it

Seriously though, if you are interested, I'd rather have one map done really well (strats, screen shots, differences betwen 16/32/64, etc) than all the maps done poorly.
I'll start on 2 maps and I'll expand it from there accoundiung to how mcuh time I have.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

You guys may want to do a little coordination about who's doing what on which maps -- dups suck
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
UBAR r00lz!!! It is very informative and has a cool design!
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX

[7E]ToJo wrote:

clssfdlogic wrote:

Maleki_MC wrote:

Honestly....  For the Butter Bar, and SMOTC.. That is NOT a demotion.  Butter Bars get almost no respect in the real military.  The SMOTC is a nice job in Washington as a go between for the High Ups such as the president and all to the enlisted ranks.  The SMOTC makes a HELL of alot more money than, AND receives 1,000 times more respect than a pissant Butter Bar
Thats partially correct.  SMOTC works at the Pentagon.  2LT's are quite abundant in the military.  However, they still technically outrank the SMOTC.  E-9 with probably 26+ years in is definitely making more than a butterbar with under 2. 

Still, the SMOTC salutes the Lieutenant. 

I'd rather still be a Warrant than either of those....

-A Quiet Professional
If SMOTC is the same as SMOA is to the army then you are wrong. SMOA outrank all officers except Generals and officer under general salute him/her.
ToJo,

Well I don't know how it is  in the ARMY, I'm a Marine. We do things a little different than those boys. however you are quite wrong:) Any enlisted man (or woman) is directed by standard military customs and courtesies to salute ALL Officers. Now you might say that an E-9 could easily get away with not saluting within 30 ft of every 2nd Lt. he passes by, but he didn't get to that level with out being a leader. Does that make sense? I will agree with you that as an E-9  will get saluted by officers, even if he's a SgtMgr (not the SMOTMC) out of respect, because a man in that position demands it. Women SgtMgr's would , too.

Another thing that Marines do differently is we call each other by our rank and / or our last name, and never call each other by... " Hey John" our first name. BF2 appeals to me in so many ways that bring me back to some very long, cold and wet training days, that I will never get to live again.

One thing is for sure...
We are the FEW, the PROUD, the MARINES.

Carry on Solider.
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6810|Sicily, Italy
nothing in regards to maps but in ubar there are no changes for the 3 medals associated with playing as a USA, MEC and CHINA.  it states 4500hrs but there are players, top 15, with around 600 hrs and the medals. 

i'm just asking because everything else was changed and reflects on the page (excluding war collage ribbon)
any feedback on this?  thanks
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

[AH]Cil3r wrote:

I'd be willing to go for some map/s info in UBAR.
I'm fairly decent in Photoshop, and I've got the knowledge of the majority of the maps.

Let me know what all you'd need to make the map/s portion of UBAR happen, in detail, and I'll get to work on things right away.

Anyone interested in helping me, please hit me up through one of the following.

email: [email protected]
AIM: Cil3r
MSN: [email protected]
I'll start working on karkand this weeekend.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
Amazing Revision. Quite a bit of work. Thank you.

Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
clssfdlogic
+0|6780|Uijeongbu, South Korea

[7E]ToJo wrote:

clssfdlogic wrote:

Maleki_MC wrote:

Honestly....  For the Butter Bar, and SMOTC.. That is NOT a demotion.  Buter Bars get almost no respect in the real military.  The SMOTC is a nice job in Washington as a go between for the High Ups such as the president and all to the enlisted ranks.  The SMOTC makes a HELL of alot more money than, AND recieves 1,000 times more respect than a pissant Butter Bar
Thats partially correct.  SMOTC works at the Pentagon.  2LT's are quite abundant in the military.  However, they still technically outrank the SMOTC.  E-9 with probably 26+ years in is definitely making more than a butterbar with under 2. 

Still, the SMOTC salutes the Lieutenant. 

I'd rather still be a Warrant than either of those....

-A Quiet Professional
If SMOTC is the same as SMOA is to the army then you are wrong. SMOA outrank all officers except Generals and officer under general salute him/her.
Tojo, you obviously aren't as familiar about the military as you think you are.  I know that fellow warrant officers and RLO's wouldn't go initiate a salute to the Sergeant Major of the Army, or the SMOTC.  You can be sure we'd admirably return it with great respect, but we don't salute him.  All enlisted grades (1-9) will salute all Warrant Officers (W1-W5) and what we call RLO's, or Real Live Officers, grades O1-O10.  I don't know what Marine Corps reg covers this, but in the Army, refer to AR 600-25.
[7E]ToJo
+0|6818|Indiana
I may be wrong with the salute (been out of military a long time) but I do know that SMOA outrank all but generals. Just read the rules on that one within the last week. I just thought I was putting 1+1 to equal 2 with the salute and failing memory of the saluting regs (maybe mixing it up with medal of honor recipiant).
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6816

chuyskywalker wrote:

You guys may want to do a little coordination about who's doing what on which maps -- dups suck
I can work on Wake Island and Manustaar City (it'll be corretly spelt don't worry) in the next few days. BTW: How woud I go about gtting pictures for these maps?
clssfdlogic

[7E]ToJo wrote:

I may be wrong with the salute (been out of military a long time) but I do know that SMOA outrank all but generals. Just read the rules on that one within the last week. I just thought I was putting 1+1 to equal 2 with the salute and failing memory of the saluting regs (maybe mixing it up with medal of honor recipiant).
You're telling me the Sergeant Major of the Army outranks all officers but Generals?  HAH.  I'd love to see half of the Colonels I've been under hear that one. 

Read the rules in the last week?  Where the hell were you reading them from?  The Taliban's [Worthless] Analysis of the US Army?

Let me pull out the bullshit flag on you ever being in the military.  It is quite clear that you have never been one to serve.

The Sergeant Major of the Army does not outrank anyone but E-1 through E-9.  Just FYI, there are no officer grades in there.  No, he doesn't outrank Second Lieutenants.  No, he doesn't outrank Colonels.  All enlisted salute all officers.  Every enlistee gets that drilled into them in Basic.  Plain and simple.  Been that way for a long time,  put this to rest.  Your attempt to save yourself with your "confusion between ranks and MOH recipients" is correct though, Medal of Honor recipients are entitled to the salute, from privates all the way up to the Commander in Chief.

Chuy, you do a great job maintaining/designing this site.  I'm sure this will look great on your resume, even if its for a video game...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX

clssfdlogic wrote:

The Sergeant Major of the Army does not outrank anyone but E-1 through E-9.  Just FYI, there are no officer grades in there.  No, he doesn't outrank Second Lieutenants.  No, he doesn't outrank Colonels.  All enlisted salute all officers.  Every enlistee gets that drilled into them in Basic.  Plain and simple.  Been that way for a long time,  put this to rest.  Your attempt to save yourself with your "confusion between ranks and MOH recipients" is correct though, Medal of Honor recipients are entitled to the salute, from privates all the way up to the Commander in Chief.
Quite right. But I gotta say the first Officer that isn't in a major command position that rubs the Sergeant Major of the Army the wrong way is going to feel the presure from some place. Maybe not at that moment but you have to know that the SM of the Army has some major connections after being in the military for that long. One of the first leadership rules you learn in OCS is to respect your Chief and he will respect you. After all the enlisted get things done in the end.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Col-Khadafi
+0|6767|Your Mom's House
Can we expand on some Body Armor statistics?
Cimlite
+1|6814|Sweden

Col-Khadafi wrote:

Can we expand on some Body Armor statistics?
The offical Prima guide says that body armor absorbs approximately 33% of damage to the torso. That's of course depending on what weapon is shot. The M95 for instance still does full damage even with the body armor and a PKM for instance will do more than a pistol.

I agree though, some exact data would be awesome... even though it would not really add anything.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6751|Alabama Coast, USA
In any organization there's quite often a difference between the people who are technically in charge, and the people who can get things done.

O-1 technically outranks E-9...   but a Navy skipper is going to listen to his Command Master Cheif over some fresh Ensign or JG any day of the week without question (unless that officer is an LDO, meaning they've spent years enlisted before their comission).

Disclaimer: No, I never served, they won't let me (medical)...  but my father's an AT Senior Cheif (E-8) with about 23 years.
B.Schuss

Whitegreek wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

I can work on Wake Island and Manustaar City (it'll be corretly spelt don't worry) in the next few days. BTW: How woud I go about gtting pictures for these maps?
personally, I will make screenshots. And I will use the map overviews as used in the game.
clssfdlogic

kilroy0097 wrote:

clssfdlogic wrote:

Quite right. But I gotta say the first Officer that isn't in a major command position that rubs the Sergeant Major of the Army the wrong way is going to feel the presure from some place. Maybe not at that moment but you have to know that the SM of the Army has some major connections after being in the military for that long. One of the first leadership rules you learn in OCS is to respect your Chief and he will respect you. After all the enlisted get things done in the end.
You sure are correct about his "connections", but the fact of the matter is every top enlisted "advisor" has an officer counterpart (the unit commander), and not only does your arguement go along with the SMOA, it also wise not to upset a Command Sergeant Major period, or even a 1SG in some cases as a 2LT. 

Why is this? 

Well, The First Sergeant is the enlisted advisor to the Company Commander, and pretty much runs the company.  The NCO's are the backbone of the military.  If the First Sergeant gets upset, all he has to do is go to the CO, who is most likely a CPT for a company, and make him aware of 2LT Snuffy's attitude.  The CO will have that LT running up hills in no time, until he learns his place.  If we are talking about CSM's, they normally are the "1SG", but at a higher echelon, starting from Battalion all the way up to positions such as Garrison CSM, Division CSM, and Corps CSM.  If this CSM has a problem with a LT who just got his new butter bar and thinks he runs things, well, he may to an extent, but the CSM will always have his leadership counterpart there, the O-5 LTC in the case of the battalion, all the way up to MG if we're talking about a Division to set things straight. 

Of course, most LT's do their job and know their place.  Most are new and are still learning.  This doesn't mean that Staff Sergeant Smith goes and bosses LT around, because LT still outranks Smith.  NCO's must also remember that LT so and so may someday be Major so and so, so don't piss them off and make them remember your name.  It's a two way street, and both parties must remain professional. 

And for those of you who have wondered why Master Sergeant/First Sergeant are the same grade, as well as Command Sergeant Major and Sergeant Major, wonder no more.  The First Sergeant and Command Sergeant Major are in leadership positions.  That's not to say the MSG and SGM aren't leaders, it's just they aren't in the NCO Support Channel for all of the subordinates in that unit.  The MSG or SGM will probably work in the Staff Sections at all echelons, such as the S1, S2, G3, J3, etc, while the 1SG and CSM is charged with the welfare/training of all enlisted soldiers in that unit. 

I hope this clarifies everything.  For those of you claiming you were in the military and really weren't, shut up and go enlist.  No wait, don't.  I really don't want someone with your lack of integrity in my unit. 

It's easy to tell fact from fiction when you have an organization so large with so many regulations and standards as each branch of the military has.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6745|Hamburg, Germany
Hi,
how about a new thread for the maps...
Who is doing what and what information should be in there?

Well try this
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2259

"Can't live without my bf2s.com!"

Last edited by Aruba-Prime (2005-10-10 04:10:01)

Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!
I think I brought this up before, but I don't remember what the response was...  Has anyone ever used Advanced Tactical Center: Battlefield 2??  It has pretty detailed maps and you can work out strategies and stuff with you friends online...  I like it.

P.S.  I actually got a break from school and got to play BF2 tonight!!! w00t!
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6811
Ya well...it's the hardest thing (for me) to get basic knife ,but easy to get others!!!!

LIL' off topic
Stealth43[90thSFG]
+0|6749|Philthy PA
From the Halls of Montezuma,
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of UNITED STATES MARINES.
Our flag's unfurled to every breeze,
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far off northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job --
The UNITED STATES MARINES.
Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By UNITED STATES MARINES.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6816
holly poop how many different topics in this thread? damn now i cant remember what i wanted to say about UBAR

damn!!
B.Schuss

07>sin wrote:

holly poop how many different topics in this thread? damn now i cant remember what i wanted to say about UBAR

damn!!
yeah. I enjoy a good song as much as the next guy, but let's keep this on-topic, please...
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!
Maybe he thinks each army should have it's theme song added to UBAR?
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6811
UM...ya there is alot of topics. EVERYTHING LEADS TO ANOTHER TOPIC, LIKE THIS IS ALSO OFF TOPIC!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard