Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5921|Cologne, Germany

well, as chuy mentioned it would be cool to have a round-up of all the maps of BF2 in UBAR ( as has been done with the weapons ), I thought additionally we could compile some info on the vehicles and other assets featured in BF2. This way, someone new to the game ( I won't use the N-word here.. ) could learn something about them ( ya know, when and how to use them properly, maybe also some tactics against them, etc.. ).

This would include all the vehicles, armored and not-armored, air assets, boats, but also TOWs, Stingers, supply boxes, Radar, UAV trailer and artillery.

we could also set up a picture gallery ( "look here, my young padawan, this is a TOW." ).This would also have the great advantage that when I order some noob ( damn it, now I've said the N-word ) to destroy the enemy's UAV trailer he will actually know what the hell I am talking about..

I've already volunteered to start getting together some info on maps ( i.e. a stragety guide ). I'll start with Karkand ( or kirkland, as some say, damn it those treckies are everywhere.. ). But there is 13 of them, if I remember correctly, and every single one comes in three sizes. So it's a whole lot of work. Accordingly, I'd be happy if other people would join in. I know for a fact that a lot of you a tactic nerds...

Remember guys, the more we share our expertise with the community, the less stressfull playing will be...

so, watcha all say ?
Col-Khadafi
+0|5877|Your Mom's House
This information may be a little harder to get, but as for having the raw data on vehicles, i would much like it.

Maybe we can find out why it takes 8 TV guided missles to kill a UAV trailer, and only 2 packs of c4.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|5923|Bryan/College Station, TX
I don't know where the stats are on vehicles or the weapons they fire. I could try hunting through the code but I doubt I will find anything. Almost wish we had an EA insider to leak to us simple non-secret info like this.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|5918

kilroy0097 wrote:

I don't know where the stats are on vehicles or the weapons they fire. I could try hunting through the code but I doubt I will find anything. Almost wish we had an EA insider to leak to us simple non-secret info like this.
Well, that and why they can't be bothered to release a game with out some of the horrible bugs and glitches that BF2 has.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5928|"Frisco"

Col-Khadafi wrote:

This information may be a little harder to get, but as for having the raw data on vehicles, i would much like it.

Maybe we can find out why it takes 8 TV guided missles to kill a UAV trailer, and only 2 packs of c4.
C4 does more damage per pack than any other wepon in the entire game. There is no vehicle, assest, etc that can't be obliterated with two direct c4 packs, or three indirects. It's some super powerful shit -- which is why I scoff whenever someone suggests letting spec ops throw that shit.

kilroy0097 wrote:

Actually, all of that information IS readily available. In those scary zip files all the vehicles, wepons, etc have all their pertinent damage information in plain text. It's a matter of finding it, extracting it, interpreting it, and repurposing it.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|5927|-
I could whip up some strategies in that one program whose name I forgot for the maps section.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|5854|Nova Scotia, Canada

Col-Khadafi wrote:

Thats odd when you think about it. One shot anywhere from the tv guided missle on a helicopter blows up a chopper, but 1 pack of c4 does not blow up a chopper.............2 packs of c4 blow up a UAV trailer, so shouldn't 2 or less shots from a TV missle blow up a UAV trailer?
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|5861|Alabama Coast, USA
I would guess it's some sort of damage type vs. armor type.  Such as the way an M95 can pass through cockpit glass, but not other sniper rifles.

Commander assets may posess an armor which absorbes high amounts of most damage types, but 0% of C4's damage type.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|5846|Cambridge (UK)
Just wanted to echo the request for some kinda vehicle stat info in UBAR - armour ratings for different parts of vehicles would be most handy (see my post about AT elsewhere...)

And pictures - I'm getting to know them steadily, but every now and again someone announces a 'whatever' incoming over VOIP and I'm like 'A who with a what now ?!'...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2005-10-19 09:40:46)

Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|5910|USA! USA! USA!
I have a bunch of free time tomorrow.  I was planning on playing so that I could better myself, but if you guys tell me what you need me to go hunt down I will...  I mean, if I benefit the group I am indirectly benefitting myself, right?  Just send me a PM and I'll go get it..
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|5874|Canberra, Australia
Wow now that is commitment.  I am on the forums cause I can't play while at work
(A.C.T)Mercenary
+0|5845|Ontario
You know, why don't you guys visit ea and ask them for that kind of information, im sure for bf2s.com they'll give it to you
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|5910|USA! USA! USA!
[sarcasm]What do they know?[/sarcasm]  I bet we have more combined hours devoted to the game than they do...  OK, we have a lot.  I have no idea how much they have...
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|5928|"Frisco"

EA wouldn't tell us anyway. They seem to have this desire to make the game "mysterious". Personally, I think they're doing a good job -- I'm totally "mystified" by that server browser of theirs. Seriously -- have you figured out what voodoo goes into that app? I certainly can't.

As for total time, I guarantee our collective time is greater than theirs spent playing the game. That's simply a no brainer. There are more of us, and all we do for the game is play it. They have to develop, test, write reports, etc.

BTW, from all the players regged in the bf2s.com database, we have a total of 84,291,189,885 seconds play time which is... 23,414,219.4125 hours or 975,592.47 days, or 2,680.19 years, well, basically 2.5 millenia of time.

Deyam'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard