Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6741|Alaska
Can you guys post some Sniper tips for me?
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6804|Human Meat Shield
Scope, Aim, Pull Trigger, confirmed kill, move to another location.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6707|Colorado
use claymores
vassili_zaitsev
+1|6662
Use a forum search, there are a lot of threads on sniping already.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6656|Gold coast, Aus.
Well, when i used to play sharqi alot i would use sniper. And i got tips from a great (in my eyes) sniper. aim for the head. wait til you know you can get the shot, that means you have to know what your capable of. if you know the opponent has been damaged shoot for the body coz that will kill him no matter what (if your using a bolt action) and one of my tips, when walking in a small area like a hallway/alleyway, have your pistol equipped. and get ready to use our knife, in a desperate occasion.
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6689|Los Angeles, CA
If possible, use high points on maps to your advantage. Block entrance ways to those points by placing claymores at the entrances, and put one right behind you for insurance purposes (so you don't get knifed ).

As gene_pool says, you'd be best off just waiting for a sure shot on the head, unless you know for a fact that the enemy is damaged, where you should just take a shot at the body if you're using a bolt-action sniper rifle (M24,M95,L96A1). If you manage to miss his head and hit the body, whip your pistol out as fast as you can and shoot at the enemy, because they only have 2 bars of health left, and it'll only take one bullet from the pistol to kill them.

When you kill someone, make sure to kill them without them seeing you. If you have been spotted by anyone, attempt to wipe out the witnesses, and run to another hiding spot. In no shape or form should you be rushing to capture flags unless it's clear: you're a sniper...all you have in order to defend yourself in close combat is a pistol and a knife.

Avoid hiding on the top of hills where an outline of your body can be made by the enemy...I can't stress this enough. The majority of snipers that I've killed have given away their positions by a slight sudden curve on top of hills. A lot of them have given away their positions by moving a lot as well; snipers should avoid moving, unless you know you're not being watched, or if the area is clear.

These are my sniping tips, and they have worked well for me. Hopefully they will do you good.
gene_pool
Banned
there good, i've learned a thing or to from them
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6689|Los Angeles, CA
I'm glad you've learned from my tips

If anyone has any questions/comments/addons to my post, please feel free to post them.
gene_pool
Banned
I think i might get back into sniping. i sort of got off it when i unlocked the spec ops gun and got hooked on it. might e a bit rusty. *brushes dirt off suit*
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6809|Noizyland

There's a lot of really good Sniper guides here on the forums, (I've written one of the lesser ones,) so look them up. The only tip I can really give you is PRACTISE! I crawled up the Sniper ladder the hard way, and am still improving.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6780

TrollmeaT wrote:

use claymores
lol, it suits your name at least
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6682|Austin, TX
If you're a new player, don't start as a sniper, get comfortable being regular infantry first. This will get you used to the maps and the general "flow" of things.

Once you do that, you can become a good sniper because of this key concept: predictability.

Don't snipe in common sniper places. They may be good, but everyone knows exactly where to look for you. Instead, look for other places where you can predict others will be. It makes no sense to have an amazing sniper point with plenty of cover and concealment if you only get 1 kill per round there. Snipe at where you know people will be.

As for claymores, again: unpredictable spots but on predictable routes. A lot of people run through the alley at Karkand and you can get a lot of kills with claymores there, but not if everyone can see your claymore clear as day. Hide them around corners, after stairs, next to doors. If your target can see the claymore, you need to put it elsewhere.
TigrisJK
+3|6761
Do a search. Plenty of posts on this topic. There are quite a few good ones... I've put two up myself.

Mine:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6882
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=16564

A good sniping guide (not mine):
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=11884

Or just ask people in game. Play with some good snipers and they'll (if they're nice people) give you some pointers.

Last edited by TigrisJK (2006-03-18 09:52:22)

cmsgt_one_shot
+5|6678|USA
After every few kills move to  a new spot unless its  a good spot and you know no one could find you there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard