both
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5913|CA

.Sup wrote:

both
TBH.

It depends on how you want to play.  The teamwork aspects of CoD4 are minimal as opposed to BF2, the only realy way to effectively use teamwork would be to play domination as a loosely based squad...since there aren't any "official" squads, it's just a bunch of people with decked-out weapons charging the other group of people with decked-out weapons.

Personally, I play public CoD4 by myself, and play BF2 with a clan.  A few of my clan buddies have CoD4, but they rarely play it.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-01-19 11:08:24)

jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
The options aren't even the choices in the question.. You can just vote "Yes"... Yes what?

And it's both, obviously. What are you stoned?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85
Public game, for a clan you're better off in CS.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black
Deffo a clan game.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
works well as a non srs srs game if that makes sense.

Lot more CQC than BF2, teamwork helps.

Lots of very very very teamwork orientated modes (SnD) which you can't do as a lonewolf.

Its good for playing with a few mates, put it that way
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
karl
+11|6516|Oslo-Norway
imo CoD 4 has to big of maps to play a 5v5  :S
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6583|London

jord wrote:

The options aren't even the choices in the question.. You can just vote "Yes"... Yes what?

And it's both, obviously. What are you stoned?
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng
Obviously the clan aspect of cod4 is very active at the moment, but opposed to a game like bf2, it requires alot less teamwork. In cod4, one good player can win it for a team, but in bf2 one good player means nothing if you're up against a team who have superior teamwork. People will hate on me for saying this as well, but cod4 takes less skill.
#rekt
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Basically CoD4 is only about who gets correct aim first.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

DeathUnlimited wrote:

isn't that sort of a good thing for an FPS?

People bitch about halo for example cause you can get the first shots off, and still get killed
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

FatherTed wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

People bitch about halo for example cause you can get the first shots off, and still get killed
Compare it to BF2, where good aim means nothing if you get capped out by a team with good tactics and teamwork.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5913|CA

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Or in hardcore, if you see somebody else first.

Is it just me or does the sound of a silenced P90 in CoD4 piss you off? I get angry when I die by one of those.

@MINT: You're right tbh, and the ranks go too quickly, which is good and bad, I guess.  CoD4 has a bunch of spray & pray players, P90 whores (olol I r l33t wit red tygr on ma p90 foolz!) etc., etc. etc.

Competitive CoD 4 sounds interesting.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-01-19 15:54:50)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

DeathUnlimited wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Compare it to BF2, where good aim means nothing if you get capped out by a team with good tactics and teamwork.
Same can be said about CoD4, ie when you have a good team who know how and where to dominate a map. Makes it impossible for the opposition to even think about coordinating something
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6161|what

Pub game.

If you play search and destroy on hard core it then becomes more of a clan game.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
robcr9
+111|5989

DeathUnlimited wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Or people with reg. reg > aim in a one on one. But true, you can win matches without killing many people so...

Cod4: More than 5 vs 5 on any map is a piss take, pre-nades are fucking spammed in more than 5 vs 5. Most competitive CoD4 teams have 5 players.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5697|Notts, UK
i have yet to play a good s&d match (i've only had cod4 for like 3 weeks) with teamwork n shit
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black

JoshP wrote:

i have yet to play a good s&d match (i've only had cod4 for like 3 weeks) with teamwork n shit
Don't expect to get megachegga teamwork like in BF2.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

JoshP wrote:

xbox or pc?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
robcr9
+111|5989

Mint Sauce wrote:

Obviously the clan aspect of cod4 is very active at the moment, but opposed to a game like bf2, it requires alot less teamwork. In cod4, one good player can win it for a team, but in bf2 one good player means nothing if you're up against a team who have superior teamwork. People will hate on me for saying this as well, but cod4 takes less skill.
btw, bf2 = gamesense, not skill, honestly, you are right, cod4 is an easy game.

Skilled games: Quake3, CS:S, Cod:uo - 2 and more..but not many. Games are made easier so more people play them. CS:S is an exception to that with lots of mods and game types...FUN FUN FUN

But BF2 can be quite skillful at times...EG. Jets, Helis, Tankers, People with Aim/good reg can tear it apart.
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

Finray wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Don't expect to get megachegga teamwork like in BF2.
Since when did BF2 have teamwork?

15 team mates standing in a 20 foot radius waiting for a jet surely doesn't count as teamwork...
robcr9
+111|5989
This is where Religious Studies comes in handy.

He gave an example of Spiritual Truth. Spiritual truth, is a truth of personal experience, so you maybe didn't experience teamwork in BF2, he did. Vice versa.

Do i win?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

robcr9 wrote:

This is where Religious Studies comes in handy.

He gave an example of Spiritual Truth. Spiritual truth, is a truth of personal experience, so you maybe didn't experience teamwork in BF2, he did. Vice versa.

Do i win?
Your post + sig totally mindfucked me
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
robcr9
+111|5989
So good, amirite?

Well there is no such thing, as "truth", the is always something that *witty word here* ( can't think of it )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard