a1911
+0|6629
Is it possible to play Euro Force single player when you are on the road without internet access???
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
yes, the maps are in there
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
No it says that the maps are "invalid" when you try and start them up.
a1911
+0|6629

Kamikaze17 wrote:

yes, the maps are in there
how do they check your current euro force gamespy account if you are not online?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas
They can't check it. Your not online...

Here's what it says when you try and start a Euro Forces map in singleplayer:

https://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9215/untitled6va.th.jpg
a1911
+0|6629

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

They can't check it. Your not online...

Here's what it says when you try and start a Euro Forces map in singleplayer:

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9215 … 6va.th.jpg
So we can agree that the answer is:

NO... you can not play single player offline.
dubbs
+105|6624|Lexington, KY
I do not want to sound like a smart here, but if people were having issues playing because they did not have their Gamespy ID correct, then it should be common since that it would not work, since you have to an internet connect to very your Gamespy ID.

I do not have the game yet so I can not verify if this works, but you may want to change your Gamespy ID to Default Player (or what ever BF2 makes ithe default name) and see if you can play EF in single player.  THis may be a work around.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6728|Houston, TX
I'm almost positve you have to be online. I think it even says that when you try to play a map on a username not identical to your Gamespy account.
belikeron
+-1|6625
Yup you can play EU SP (IF) you log in first,(I do it all the time to get a feel for the maps)
dirtyepics
+19|6725|England
Yep played it Single Player when I first got it. Then went and played online and got only my second ever gold.  WHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA>
(BS)Commander_Canuck
+3|6639

dubbs wrote:

I do not want to sound like a smart here, but if people were having issues playing because they did not have their Gamespy ID correct, then it should be common since that it would not work, since you have to an internet connect to very your Gamespy ID.

I do not have the game yet so I can not verify if this works, but you may want to change your Gamespy ID to Default Player (or what ever BF2 makes ithe default name) and see if you can play EF in single player.  THis may be a work around.
you actually don't sound very smart at all don't you worry... you cannot login to a profile with no internet, and you cannot use an offline profile because it will not work for any account that is not a gamespy ID... This is EA saving money on releasing software without having to actually spend money on manufacturing and shipping, therefore making more money at the exspense of the people that made them rich. This will continue as long as people continue to buy the game from them. What people need to do is NOT buy anything from them. Use warez,  this is our weapon against crappy software companies in case you forgot. If noone buys it they will do whatever they have to to get us to buy it, if we bitch and whine but keep forking over the cash, they are getting what they want, why should they change anything?
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6741|UK
^ cynical and to the point post (except i dont agree with illegal downloading of games). well said. but will people ever not buy the games, the further truth is that people buy games for the game not for the customer support. What should be happening is that Dice should be reading these posts and next time be selling the next game too another publisher, with options to change publisher if they don't provide good customer support for their games.

After all its not Dice that seem to be the problem its EA and GameSpy, which means its EA's fault completely. If GameSpy isn't doing its job properly sack them, end the contract, for breach of contract, for not having a fully working system.

Why do companies find it so easy to sack people, but not companies?!
EA Bosses grow some balls, and kick some ass, in your company and at GameSpy. - What a mess!
a1911
+0|6629

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

^

What should be happening is that Dice should be reading these posts and next time be selling the next game too another publisher, with options to change publisher if they don't provide good customer support for their games.

After all its not Dice that seem to be the problem its EA and GameSpy, which means its EA's fault completely.
EA now owns Dice as you can read here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=18336

So what you think will dice do?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard