doc. josh
+48|6556
So I got all my new computer components and I assembled them it all boots up fine and dandy but... I CANT FIND MY XP DISK I have the packaging sitting right beside me but no disk in it (in be 4 EPIC FAIL)

So there is two things I could do,
1. Torrent an XP disk and use that and my legitimate key.
2.  I could use the old restore disk from my old computer but I m not sure that if I use this weather It will install my old computers motherboard drivers and what not and fuck up my current rig. The restore disk I have came with my pooter along with the windows XP disk when i bought it.

What do you think I should do bf2s?

I re used the HDD and DVD from my old computer.   

Old computer specs 3800+ x2
x1800
1gb ram
Some crappy MSI mobo that came with it out of the box

new computer

ASUS P5Q SE Plus
C2Q 8200
OCZ Reaper 2GB (2 x 1gb)
Sea gate 160 GB HDD
9800 GT

Last edited by doc. josh (2008-12-30 21:14:37)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

download vista ultimate and install that. PM me if you need help getting it activated
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
doc. josh
+48|6556

max wrote:

download vista ultimate and install that. PM me if you need help getting it activated
That is an Idea, How hard is it to do?  Will I be able to update it pain free when SP2 comes out?
max
Vela Incident

doc. josh wrote:

max wrote:

That is an Idea, How hard is it to do?  Will I be able to update it pain free when SP2 comes out?
It's really easy to do. I can't be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure SP2 won't fuck up the activation. And even if it does, changing cracks is relatively easy
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5692
Fuck your Vista.
max
Vela Incident

phishman420 wrote:

Fuck your Vista.
https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/nigelf/1928.gif

tech team agrees
doc. josh
+48|6556
Wow there is like over 9000 Vista ultimate and XP torrents. Does any one know if the restore disk will work.

I found a nice windows 7 torrent

And SHIt to buy vista ultimate its like almost 300$ and XP is 250 that's like 1/3 of the cost of my whole computer

Last edited by doc. josh (2008-12-30 21:25:37)

max
Vela Incident

probably not

search for vista MSDN ...
doc. josh
+48|6556
If I bought the upgrade version Would I have to install it over XP?
Stimey
­
+786|6131|Ontario | Canada
These are all legally purchased copies ofcourse if any mods are wondering.
­
­
­
­
­
­
max
Vela Incident

It's been a while since I read up on this but I think so. Anyone know for sure?

Stimey wrote:

Zimmer is the super pirate so meh

Last edited by max (2008-12-30 21:32:07)

Stimey
­
+786|6131|Ontario | Canada
My first computer I can remember using had ME on it.
Vista is Superman compared to that.
­
­
­
­
­
­
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6474|cuntshitlake

Stimey wrote:

My first computer I can remember using had ME on it.
Vista is Superman compared to that.
DOS 1.0 is superman compared to ME
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
GR34
+215|6556|ALBERTA> CANADA
Well at least u dident put the thermal paste on the wrong side ROFL. oh and ME SUCK A FATTY
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6218
If your in university, college, and possible secondary school, all within the UK, then MSDN versions are totally legal for you.
CrazeD
+368|6684|Maine

doc. josh wrote:

Yes, that's kind of the point of an upgrade version.

If you're going to buy it, just buy the Home Premium version. There's nothing worthy that Ultimate has over HP that you can't find in open source.

And no, your recovery disc cannot be used. It is an OEM disc and as such is bound to the old PC's hardware, it will not work.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

XP can be rebound to new hardware with a phone call. I've done it multiple times with a single key for my computers.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6720|Germany

CrazeD wrote:

doc. josh wrote:

Yes, that's kind of the point of an upgrade version.

If you're going to buy it, just buy the Home Premium version. There's nothing worthy that Ultimate has over HP that you can't find in open source.

And no, your recovery disc cannot be used. It is an OEM disc and as such is bound to the old PC's hardware, it will not work.
Nope, not true.
I have a XP OEM version myself and installed it on my completly new system without any problems.
Just had to re-activate it.
max
Vela Incident

recovery disk =/= OEM disk
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6720|Germany
Re-checked. It is a recovery CD.
But still where is the difference ? Because mine says "Only to be sold with a (insert crappy Aldi Brand here) PC".
Doesn´t mean it´s OEM ?

Last edited by HellHead (2008-12-31 03:38:12)

max
Vela Incident

OEM disks are sold that they can be installed on any one PC. It's exactly like the full version but you don't get tech support

Recovery disks are made so that you can recover your bought PC to the state it was shipped in. It is not intended to be installed on another PC and usually won't work
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6767|Scotland

Stimey wrote:

Torrenting XP and using a bought CD key is legal.
CrazeD
+368|6684|Maine

Zimmer wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Not if it's cracked.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

CrazeD wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Not if it's cracked.
It's the key aka license you buy not the program so torrenting XP or whatever as long as you have a legal key is okay.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6240|NSW, Australia

i remember using dos3.1 before windows came out

and when windows came out i remember playing in explorer and moving stuff around so all the folders had stuff in them lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard