ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Even though predatory lending was becoming a national problem, the Bush administration looked the other way and did nothing to protect American homeowners. In fact, the government chose instead to align itself with the banks that were victimizing consumers.
Source.

Not only did Bush NOT do anything to stop the financial meltdown related to the mortgage fiasco, he was an active player. He is the one now protecting the banks as they horde bailout money. He is okay with an automaker bailout as long as it doesn't come from the untold billions he and his henchmen have doled out to greedy, soul-deprived banks.

In recent years, a range of businesses have made financing more readily available to even the riskiest of borrowers. Greater access to credit has put cars, computers, credit cards, and even homes within reach for many more of the working poor. But this remaking of the marketplace for low-income consumers has a dark side: Innovative and zealous firms have lured unsophisticated shoppers by the hundreds of thousands into a thicket of debt from which many never emerge.
Source

These policies, encouraging banks to make loans to people with shaky qualifications were pushed by both sides of the isle. The ultimate blame lies with the president, for he said nothing and did nothing while this was happening that did anything but encourage the plunder.

For the past twenty years manufacturing companies have been moving their manufacturing plants out of the U.S. in droves, and during the past four years America has lost over 3 million manufacturing jobs. Most of these manufacturing jobs paid good hourly wages and had good benefits like health care, sick leave, and retirement plans. It has been these type of high wage manufacturing jobs that have helped keep a middle class in America. The Bush administration has tried to cover up these middle class job losses by getting fast-food workers reclassified as manufacturing workers.
source

The only hope is that many former Wallstreet traders may laughably be forced back into the manual labor and trades pool.
Other than that, there is nothing good here nor any positive way to spin this. Most of you don't realize the ripple effect when major factories close here; tool and machine shops, stationary people, food services and local contractors all lose when big businesses close up to relocate elsewhere.
This is fact. There can only be so many service jobs. There is a foundational undercutting in our entire economy that has happened.

The real reason behind our invasion of IRAQ: OIL!!!
peak oil in the ME was reached sometime ago. When The U.S. and British oil companies were booted out of Saudia Arabia and most other OPEC countries skilled geologist had discovered, mapped and documented more or less accurate data on how much oil was there. Sinse then, there have been NO NEW DISCOVERIES OR OIL FIELDS developed.
Saudi Aramco’s propaganda campaign is failing. Saudi Aramco is no longer the world’s leading crude oil producer. Saudi Aramco’s statement of 260 billion barrels of remaining recoverable reserves is almost certainly false. Instead, the remaining recoverable crude oil reserves are probably less than 100 Gb, instead of 260 Gb. It is time to call on Saudi Aramco and the other OPEC members to tell the truth about their reserves.
Source

Gas was $4,50 for regular six months ago and i saw it recently for $1.59.  If you need further proof that we are being manipulated and fucked I shall have to get a broad brush and paint it on a barn.

If I missed any other notable highlights of the Bush Legacy, please let me know.

Last edited by ATG (2008-12-08 16:24:22)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
meh i dont care anymore.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-12-08 16:39:18)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
Bush is evil... lol... and i wan't to thank Iraq for oil they gave us for free... 

you forgot about the fact there have been no attacks on US soil... but i'm sure you or the other anti Bush anti US folks will figure out a way to discredit this... lol
Love is the answer
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

you forgot about the fact there have been no attacks on US soil... but i'm sure you or the other anti Bush anti US folks will figure out a way to discredit this... lol
You mean, by saying that he was President when the Twin Towers and The Pentagon were hit?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
i dont understand why you people use there have been no attacks on us soil argument, it's dumb tbh.

killing americans has become a whole lot easier with Iraq and ill thought out ME adventres.  You think terrorists give a hoot where your countrymen blood is spilt?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717

TheAussieReaper wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

You mean, by saying that he was President when the Twin Towers and The Pentagon were hit?
since 9/11... yay... caught my first anti Bush/US troll...lol

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-12-08 16:53:51)

Love is the answer
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

since 9/11... yay... caught my first anti US troll...lol
Troll? lol

I was just pointing out the truth.

Unless you don't count what happened that day as an attack and would rather go back to reading a The Pet Goat like he did.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Brasso
+1,549|6631

TheAussieReaper wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

since 9/11... yay... caught my first anti US troll...lol
Troll? lol

I was just pointing out the truth.

Unless you don't count what happened that day as an attack and would rather go back to reading a The Pet Goat like he did.
qft.  that's not trolling, that's just pointing out that you are looking over one the worst attacks the our nation has ever endured.  7 years - big fucking whoop.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
I was just kidding... i know you guys hate Bush and the US and wait to jump on any posts like this... it's always good for a laugh
Love is the answer
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

The ultimate blame lies with the president, for he said nothing and did nothing while this was happening that did anything but encourage the plunder.
Lame. The executive branch can only introduce legislation through congressional proxies. You blame the President because there are bitter fuckwits telling you to. You've never been an independent thinker, this is just more of the same.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
I'll read the history when it has actually been written kthx.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Bush is evil... lol... and i wan't to thank Iraq for oil they gave us for free...
You mean free oil his father and him have been getting?

I rather be paying for Iraqi oil if that is what you are talking about. Better gas prices back then now.

Horrible President. I'm really surprised he was elected for a second term.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717

12/f/taiwan wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I rather be paying for Iraqi oil if that is what you are talking about. Better gas prices back then now.

I am not sure what you mean?  Bush and his Dad are getting free oil?  Hadn't heard that... how much can they use...lol?
and gas is 1.70 a gallon right now and it was about 1.70 a gallon then.. when you get old enough to drive this will be more important...

and list the things that GW has done to you personally that makes him horrible?
has he stopped you from after school snacks or getting new games? 

Think awhile before you post tired... I hate bush and i'm not sure why... but everybody else seems to so i will too...posts...lol
Love is the answer
Icleos
+101|6743
One big devastatingly soiled toilet pretty much sums up the Bush Legacy.
I was going to post a picture but I figured that would be a bit much.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I am not sure what you mean?  Bush and his Dad are getting free oil?  Hadn't heard that... how much can they use...lol?
and gas is 1.70 a gallon right now and it was about 1.70 a gallon then.. when you get old enough to drive this will be more important...

and list the things that GW has done to you personally that makes him horrible?
has he stopped you from after school snacks or getting new games? 

Think awhile before you post tired... I hate bush and i'm not sure why... but everybody else seems to so i will too...posts...lol
1. Gas just recently started going down.
2. I am old enough to drive and actually do drive regularly.
3. I have not brought any new games since BattleField 2('05, and my brother and I chipped in for that one so...) and I am still on the same old computer I have been on since 06'. No Xbox 360/PS3/Any new gen. gaming consoles. or after school snacks for that matter, lol.

So don't hit me up with your "Oh you are just a teen so you must have no job, take advantage of your parents, hate/like things based on majority etc." bs.

And as for the list.. I rather not get into a 10 page argument with someone over the internet about a topic that has been debated to death a million times. Especially on bf2s with a D&ST poster such as yourself.

Don't take it personal.

Last edited by 12/f/taiwan (2008-12-08 20:00:17)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
not at all...    peace...
Love is the answer
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Shooooooot doooooooooooown.

*grabs popcorn*
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Bush was/is the spokehole for the international cartel of money changers.
Odd he claims to be a Christian when obviously he is a whore for Mammon.

Man cannot serve mammon and God at the same time, which fits well into his overall pattern of deception, murder and theft.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Go on...
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6548|the best galaxy
I wouldn't be surprised if it came out he has been drunk the hole time. I know this is so unfair because he has probably not touched alcohol for many many years but when I see him on TV he looks like he is fighting a malfunctioning brain. I've had a few months like that since I quit smoking. Freaking annoying TBH. And honestly - who gives a f**k about Afghanistan and Iraq?

Nothing but pain, trouble and violation of human and civil rights and stupid security measures.
I don't think he's evil though... but that's not really an excuse.

Oh and a bad bad very bad economy for many many years.
The talabin - via Bush - knocked Your nation a big blow.
Foregive me for being so blunt.

Last edited by Freke1 (2008-12-09 00:26:39)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

lol at how Bush 'prevented' attacks on US soil. There has only ever been two and they were 8 years apart and one of them happened during his presidency!! lol Anyone who wanted to mount an attack on US soil need only fly into Chihuahua and skip over your porous southern border...

PS Over 4000 Americans died owing to his decision to invade a nation that had nothing to do with Al Qaeda.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-12-09 02:02:28)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717

CameronPoe wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

lol at how Bush 'prevented' attacks on US soil. There has only ever been two and they were 8 years apart and one of them happened during his presidency!! lol Anyone who wanted to mount an attack on US soil need only fly into Chihuahua and skip over your porous southern border...

PS Over 4000 Americans died owing to his decision to invade a nation that had nothing to do with Al Qaeda.
My troll trap is working better than planned... lol... i don't care about what anyone thinks of Bush... It's up to the Messiah now... and i'm actually pretty impressed with his positions which have changed since he won...
Love is the answer
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Freke wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out he has been drunk the hole time. I know this is so unfair because he has probably not touched alcohol for many many years but when I see him on TV he looks like he is fighting a malfunctioning brain.
Word is Pretzelgate was actually a major drinking session.

Catbox wrote:

you forgot about the fact there have been no attacks on US soil...
Apart from 9/11 there have been no attacks, the only significant terrorist attack happened on his watch, he was warned and did nothing - wow what an achievement.

Bush's Legacy?

A  prolapsed economy

5,000 Americans have died in Iraq and Afghanistan, I guess their families care

The UN is now essentially pointless, since its major founding member and key member of the UNSC decided it didn't matter

There is now no real question that the US is a belligerent bully ready to invade countries, start wars, abduct and torture people for political and economic advantage and to help ensure the rapture comes about, not freedom liberty and democracy after all.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Iraqi posed no threat to the US so that statement is flawed. Plus its not sustainable. How many thousands have died in the war of terror over the last 6-7years? That many people have to be slaughtered in a far of land to "protect" America?

The amount of US solders killed in the war of terror is close to the same amount killed on all homeland US terror attacks. So id say its unsustainable and a flawed policy. Your government sent to war and death, close to the same ppl killed in 9/11 to avenge 9/11?
Seams kinda stupid to me.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6223|Brisneyland
I cant think of a prez with a legacy worse than this. US seems to be in much worse condition now, that when he gained the leadership. The turnaround will take years. But you guys in the US are smart and will recover with time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard