Banned
+1,510|6127|Carnoustie MASSIF
LG Renoir
OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

SirSchloppy wrote:

LG Renoir
Seriously guys, at least try and read the thread....
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6629

Storm
phishman420
Banned
+821|5678
Enjoy paying $150+ a month for the Storm if you want unlimited use.

Omni, get the LG Voyager.

Last edited by phishman420 (2008-11-23 15:28:42)

SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6136|New Jersey
The Voyager gets great reviews.  I might be getting one myself, unless I decide to switch over to Cingular and get a Blackberry Pearl...
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6609|balls
I have verizon and did some research for a couple weeks before buying my LG Dare.  Touchscreen, 3.2mp camera, removable memory slot (i have 8gb microsd in there), html web browsing, sleek, sexy, what more could you want?  I also bought my wife a voyager, she loves it.  it too has the removable memory card slot, but only a 2.0mp camera.  the voyager has best of both worlds, touchscreen and full qwerty keyboard.  i like my dare alot better though, smaller and feels more like a phone to me.  my wife and i are on the family select plan and i upgraded to the $15/month vcast pack (unlimited web browsing/videos/etc.)  To me, why buy a touchscreen if im not going to use the web browser and such.  the only con the dare has, when you do research, is it's lack of applications when compared to the iphone.  Hell, were still waiting on espn mvp!!!  it also doesn't support vcast tv, so throw that out.  you can watch full episodes of an expanding tv series library though, I love watching The Office when i have down time.  If you are with verizon and enjoy their service (i have extended family on verzion, so makes sense), then got with a touchscreen.  Motorola even has a nice touchscreen out now for verizon called the "Krave", sweet flipphone with toucscreen.  Don't get the samsung glyde, i've read those suck and are no longer being sold in store, so look out for those.  If you are not a business man or don't have a company to run, then the blackberry storm is WAY overkill.  i know people that have a blackberry just to say they have one!  seriously, they email on occasion and that is it.  why pay up the butt service for blackberry service if you won't use half the phone's capabilities? 

So anyway, go to youtube, search "lg dare reviews" and look at some videos.  do the same for the voyager and krave.  that is how i did my research, along with going instore and playing with each phone.  on a side note.  It wasn't upgrade time for me, so i hit up ebay and found my phones on there.  I paid $300 for my dare and $200 for my wifes voyager.  if you can get the dare at $149 with a 2-year, i'd take it.  it's only a few months old and i don't see a new one coming out anytime soon.  plus, the price might even drop more when the blackberry storm hits the shelves.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard