Parker wrote:

so have gun stabbing each other
Erm... I'll try...
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

Parker wrote:

Josh, this is what it comes down too;

in america, we already have enough firearms that if a ban went into effect tomorrow, there would still be guns here 100 years from now.
i know that is hard for some people to understand, but it is the truth.

so have gun stabbing each other, and we will have fun shooting each other
oh i know this is true- but what i'm saying is that getting rid of all the guns would solve a lot of your crime problems- you're right, it would take ages, but it would be worth it

About the guns in school thing, yeah i did know that schools are gun free zones- does that mean that people never ever bring guns to school? I doubt it. And his argument that people will shoot you if you start shooting people in the street- I also doubt this- I for one would run like fuck, as would, I suspect, most other people, regardless of whether they were carrying a gun or not.

@stingray people here don't break into your home while you're awake, they do it while you're asleep and won't notice, or even better, they do distraction burglaries. Either way a gun wouldn't help.

School shootings- there's always responsible and irresponsible people, but here we don't have school shootings because theres no guns to take off our irresponsible parents. We do have the occasional stabbing but it aint that common.

Hunting is a completely different argument anyway, because you can sorta have guns here for hunting afaik.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6503|Connecticut

JoshP wrote:

oh i forgot to say - your wall of text has nothing to do with crime rates

more guns available = higher gun crime rate

tl;dr gun ownership is retarded
No screaming eagle shit genius. More anything = higher anything is a pretty universal equation. Here is something for you to chew on, gun crimes have increased 35% this year over last year in the UK. Hmmm, wait I thought nobody had guns over there. Im not saying that the UK is right for not having guns, or that the US is wrong for having them. What I am saying is that you are dumb enough to sit there and say we are silly idiots but you are the ones who have a rapidly increasing rate of crime method when you arent even supposed to have access to said method. In other words, statistically speaking your citizens are behaving more irresponsible than you would like to think.
Malloy must go
Bevo
Nah
+718|6531|Austin, Texas

JoshP wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

So law abiding citizens start shooting each other because....

...?
you the criminal, whilst shooting your victim, got shot at by said law abiding citizen, you return fire and shoot said law abiding citizen, whose friends join in shooting you while you join in shooting them. until you die

America: because mass gun battles in the street are awesome

amirite?

Also- gun ownership didn't prevent columbine or vtech, nobody used their guns (according to you 1/4 of the population have a 9mm in their handbag) to shoot them

fail argument is fail
So after the criminal has been shot 3-4 times, he's on the ground simply shooting at everyone in the bar (lol, seriously?). Say that's true... what the hell does it have to do with the law abiding citizens with guns? They're not the ones shooting themselves... only the criminal, who'd have the gun anyway. It's America. Think of the 1920's with no alcohol... look how well that worked.

By the way, I didn't say a quarter of the population carried a concealed weapon. I think it would decrease crime rate. As of now, there's a criminal with a gun, and not many people out there to protect themselves..
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6405|The Gem Saloon

JoshP wrote:

oh i know this is true- but what i'm saying is that getting rid of all the guns would solve a lot of your crime problems- you're right, it would take ages, but it would be worth it
but here is the downside:
if you take the guns from the people that follow the laws, then you just allow the criminals to be armed, and the innocent have no defense.

JoshP wrote:

About the guns in school thing, yeah i did know that schools are gun free zones- does that mean that people never ever bring guns to school? I doubt it.
this isnt the wild west dude.
people that have CCW permits follow the laws....UNLIKE THE CRIMINALS.

JoshP wrote:

And his argument that people will shoot you if you start shooting people in the street- I also doubt this- I for one would run like fuck, as would, I suspect, most other people, regardless of whether they were carrying a gun or not.
i dont know about that guy, but i have a gun to protect ME AND THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER TO ME.

everyone else can fend for themselves.
having a firearm is NOT an excuse to play rambo and save the day...it is about personal defense.

JoshP wrote:

School shootings- there's always responsible and irresponsible people, but here we don't have school shootings because theres no guns to take off our irresponsible parents. We do have the occasional stabbing but it aint that common.
that goes back to my "100 years" thing...
wensleydale8
+81|6780|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire

Mekstizzle wrote:

JoshP wrote:

silly americans.
Actually it's like that here too, if not worse
except in england you get stabbed and not shot.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6643

jord wrote:

Parker wrote:

so have gun stabbing each other
Erm... I'll try...
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

deeznutz1245 wrote:

JoshP wrote:

No screaming eagle shit genius. More anything = higher anything is a pretty universal equation. Here is something for you to chew on, gun crimes have increased 35% this year over last year in the UK. Hmmm, wait I thought nobody had guns over there. Im not saying that the UK is right for not having guns, or that the US is wrong for having them. What I am saying is that you are dumb enough to sit there and say we are silly idiots but you are the ones who have a rapidly increasing rate of crime method when you arent even supposed to have access to said method. In other words, statistically speaking your citizens are behaving more irresponsible than you would like to think.
I felt it needed pointing out because you don't seem to appreciate that less people get murdered here using guns, because guns are less available. Because we can't easily get hold of guns, both gun crime and overall murders are vastly lower in Britain than in America.

Also, murder rates per 100,000 people in Britain are vastly lower than murder rates per 100,000 people in the USA. Therefore even if crime rates are increasing, less British people are being murdered than Americans- both in gun related murders and overall murders.

deeznutz1245 wrote:

screaming eagle shit genius
wat
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

Parker wrote:

JoshP wrote:

but here is the downside:
if you take the guns from the people that follow the laws, then you just allow the criminals to be armed, and the innocent have no defense.

JoshP wrote:

About the guns in school thing, yeah i did know that schools are gun free zones- does that mean that people never ever bring guns to school? I doubt it.
this isnt the wild west dude.
people that have CCW permits follow the laws....UNLIKE THE CRIMINALS.

JoshP wrote:

And his argument that people will shoot you if you start shooting people in the street- I also doubt this- I for one would run like fuck, as would, I suspect, most other people, regardless of whether they were carrying a gun or not.
i dont know about that guy, but i have a gun to protect ME AND THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER TO ME.

everyone else can fend for themselves.
having a firearm is NOT an excuse to play rambo and save the day...it is about personal defense.

JoshP wrote:

that goes back to my "100 years" thing...
but.... in Britain the public don't carry guns, but the public can still safely walk the streets.

Criminals have a few guns (look at south/east london) but nobody suggests legalizing gun ownership to combat that- that would be stupid. You need to remove the guns from the criminals, not make more guns available so that it's easier to be a criminal with a gun.
Parker
isteal

JoshP wrote:

but.... in Britain the public don't carry guns, but the public can still safely walk the streets.
except for the chavs that stab people with screwdrivers....amirite?

JoshP wrote:

Criminals have a few guns (look at south/east london) but nobody suggests legalizing gun ownership to combat that-
because they have a FEW guns.

JoshP wrote:

that would be stupid.
agreed. you have shown a definite lack of knowledge regarding firearms.
arming people like you would be a stupid thing to do.

JoshP wrote:

You need to remove the guns from the criminals, not make more guns available so that it's easier to be a criminal with a gun.
as soon as you can come up with a way to do that, i will be more than happy to hear it...
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6588|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
ITT: Brits trying to educate Americans about their own right to own a gun.

America without guns would be like beer without alcohol.

More on topic: Self Defense in your own home is a good thing imo. You should have the right to shoot someone in the face if they sneak into your house with a sawed-off shotgun to get ya.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

Parker wrote:

JoshP wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Criminals have a few guns (look at south/east london) but nobody suggests legalizing gun ownership to combat that-

JoshP wrote:

that would be stupid.
agreed. you have shown a definite lack of knowledge regarding firearms.

JoshP wrote:

You need to remove the guns from the criminals, not make more guns available so that it's easier to be a criminal with a gun.
as soon as you can come up with a way to do that, i will be more than happy to hear it...

Parker wrote:

We don't have a gun problem because hardly anyone owns a gun, so we don't need a gun to protect ourselves from them.... This is an ideal situation to be in.

Parker wrote:

No u

parker wrote:

how does that relate to

JoshP wrote:

elaborate pl0x.
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.

Roger Lesboules wrote:

More on topic: Self Defense in your own home is a good thing imo. You should have the right to shoot someone in the face if they sneak into your house with a sawed-off shotgun to get ya.
If somebody is in your house with a shotgun for the purpose of killing you you're going to kill them, law or no law. That's no the argument. The argument is if 2 men are in your house stealing your sex and the city limited edition boxset is it okay to kill them?

Answer is obviously no.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

jord wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

If somebody is in your house with a shotgun for the purpose of killing you you're going to kill them, law or no law. That's no the argument. The argument is if 2 men are in your house stealing your sex and the city limited edition boxset is it okay to kill them?

Answer is obviously no.
jord is sensible
Parker
isteal

JoshP wrote:

We don't have a gun problem because hardly anyone owns a gun, so we don't need a gun to protect ourselves from them.... This is an ideal situation to be in.
you just need stab vests, amirite?

Parker wrote:

JoshP wrote:

No u
dont feel bad little guy. even a couple americans in this thread have exhibited a lack of knowledge on the subject.

parker wrote:

JoshP wrote:

how does that relate to

JoshP wrote:

JoshP wrote:

elaborate pl0x.
PEOPLE DONT WALK SAFELY IN THE STREETS IF THEY ARE BEING STABBED.
i know thats a hard one to grab onto, but trust me...unless stab wounds are considered "safe"

JoshP wrote:

pl0x.
a 14 year old is arguing about firearms
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6503|Connecticut

JoshP wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

JoshP wrote:

I felt it needed pointing out because you don't seem to appreciate that less people get murdered here using guns, because guns are less available. Because we can't easily get hold of guns, both gun crime and overall murders are vastly lower in Britain than in America.

Also, murder rates per 100,000 people in Britain are vastly lower than murder rates per 100,000 people in the USA. Therefore even if crime rates are increasing, less British people are being murdered than Americans- both in gun related murders and overall murders.

deeznutz1245 wrote:

screaming eagle shit genius
wat
Then why is it that you are 6 times more likely to get mugged in London than NY City? Why is it over the last ten years the UK's crime rate has rissen and the US's has fallen?
Malloy must go
phishman420
Banned
+821|5692
Good thread; would read again.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

Parker wrote:

JoshP wrote:

you just need stab vests, amirite?

Parker wrote:

JoshP wrote:

No u
dont feel bad little guy. even a couple americans in this thread have exhibited a lack of knowledge on the subject.

parker wrote:

JoshP wrote:

how does that relate to

JoshP wrote:

JoshP wrote:

elaborate pl0x.
PEOPLE DONT WALK SAFELY IN THE STREETS IF THEY ARE BEING STABBED.
i know thats a hard one to grab onto, but trust me...unless stab wounds are considered "safe"

JoshP wrote:

pl0x.
a 14 year old is arguing about firearms
People still walk the streets without worrying that they're gonna get stabbed, while us Brits joke about it, it's not exactly common unless you live in south/east London and in a dodgy bit, one poster above said that 1/4 of people carry a 9mm in their handbag/male equivalent for protection- hardly anyone in Britain carries any sort of anti-crime device (be it a stab vest, a knife to protect themselves etc etc). The murder rate in Britain is lower (ok, not everyone who gets shot/stabbed dies, but that's not the point) so we don't need protection so that we can walk the streets without being scared of getting stabbed/shot

@ deeznutz - links
CrazeD
+368|6683|Maine

JoshP wrote:

Well, I'll expand my point. Look at the gun crime rates in america, and the rates in the rest of the world...

The correlation is obvious- easier availability of guns leads to a far higher rate of gun crime.

Which is silly.
And then look at the stabbing crime rates around the rest of the world.

If they don't use guns, they use something else.

Keep your media-gathered anti-gun bullshit to yourself.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

CrazeD wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Well, I'll expand my point. Look at the gun crime rates in america, and the rates in the rest of the world...

The correlation is obvious- easier availability of guns leads to a far higher rate of gun crime.

Which is silly.
And then look at the stabbing crime rates around the rest of the world.

If they don't use guns, they use something else.

Keep your media-gathered anti-gun bullshit to yourself.
I beg to differ, look at the murder rates.

"The homicide rate for London was 2.4 per 100,000 in [2005] (1.7 when excluding the 7 July bombings)."
"New York City, with a population size similar to London (over 8 million residents), reported 6.9 murders per 100,000 people in 2004."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politi … ed_Kingdom

Less guns and less overall murders.

Last edited by JoshP (2008-11-23 11:49:08)

MetalMaiden
Girls>Boys
+80|6597|Hoosier Mama
Just use a sword! My local paper. LOL!

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/200 … GECAROUSEL
Parker
isteal

JoshP wrote:

People still walk the streets without worrying that they're gonna get stabbed, while us Brits joke about it, it's not exactly common unless you live in south/east London and in a dodgy bit,
and i have never been in a shootout....not exactly common....unless you are "in a dodgy bit".

JoshP wrote:

one poster above said that 1/4 of people carry a 9mm in their handbag/male equivalent for protection-
that just simply isnt true.

first off, a 9mm is a crap round!

JoshP wrote:

hardly anyone in Britain carries any sort of anti-crime device (be it a stab vest, a knife to protect themselves etc etc).
the best victims are the ones that choose to NOT fight back.

JoshP wrote:

The murder rate in Britain is lower (ok, not everyone who gets shot/stabbed dies, but that's not the point) so we don't need protection so that we can walk the streets without being scared of getting stabbed/shot
me too.

like i said earlier, i have never been in a shootout...nor been in a knife fight.
and im not even scared when i "walk the streets".
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

Parker wrote:

like i said earlier, i have never been in a shootout...nor been in a knife fight.
then why is carrying a gun neccesary
Parker
isteal

JoshP wrote:

Parker wrote:

just in case.

lets hope you never run into a "just in case" situation....sticking your head in between your legs to kiss your ass goodbye is NOT a good defense.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5699|Notts, UK

Parker wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Parker wrote:

just in case.
Should I carry a knife just in case? Do most Brits carry a knife just in case? No.

Statistically, those who carry knives are more likely to get stabbed themselves. Does this hold true for guns?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard