Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081105/gaymarriage_couple_081106/20081106?hub=World

Wow.
Why does that surprise you?  Reverend Wright ring a bell?  Clinging to guns and bibles takes on a whole new meaning... Kidding.
Didn't you vote for Prop 2 in Florida, you Rev. Wright loving bible thumper?
Shouldn't you be off foundling your sister?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

Kmarion wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why does that surprise you?  Reverend Wright ring a bell?  Clinging to guns and bibles takes on a whole new meaning... Kidding.
Shouldn't you be off foundling your sister?
surely the Kalifornia Gestapo will get him soon
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Not if I keep 'foundling'
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

fucking firefox.. lies all the time to me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6480

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081105/gaymarriage_couple_081106/20081106?hub=World

Wow.
I voted for it for a number of reasons, not  any of which to what you imply. However if you understood a shred of politics you'd know it won't last. Hospitals can change their policies.  And this would affect you only if you are an unpaired.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-11-06 19:29:52)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I'm waiting for an initiative to ban heterosexual marriage. Heterosexuals have shredded that institution into seven layers of horse dung. Dead beat dads, wife beaters, incest, child abuse, cheating spouses.. take your pick.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6480

Kmarion wrote:

I'm waiting for an initiative to ban heterosexual marriage. Heterosexuals have shredded that institution into seven layers of horse dung. Dead beat dads, wife beaters, incest, child abuse, cheating spouses.. take your pick.
Nothing would surprise me anymore.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
liquix
+51|6455|Peoples Republic of Portland

Hakei wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Hakei wrote:

It isn't any of your business if two gay people want to get married, regardless of what it's been for 'at least one thousand years'. In the last 100 or so years child abuse has been a big issue, before that no one cared. Do we now simply refuse child abuse being bad because it's been around for ' thousands of years'. What's 'right' and 'wrong' is an ever changing thing, it's gay marriage is not going to affect you in any way, shape or form. Find another way to display your reluctance to accept homosexuality isn't wrong.
It's the definition of a word and the nature of word definitions.  I have nothing against gays.  But, as long as it is not my business if two straight or gay people want to get married, how is it my business if 3 or more people want to get married?  What's the difference there?
As far as I know in many middle eastern countries it's common for a man to be married to more than one woman, and that's socially accepted there. So it's none of your business.

What's next? Going to suggest a human/animal marriage to prove that it shouldn't be called marriage? Find another hobby other than disputing terminology, marriage is just a proof of deep love for a partner, and it shouldn't be taken any further than that.

Tell me, have you ever been married/engaged?
slippery slope fallacy, you lose in debate mate.
-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh
MMMmmmmmm Dooonutz!
+13|6204|Out for donutz!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Was she lost? heh love them spell checkers.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6127|So Cal

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Living in California nothing would surprise me anymore.
fixed
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

GraphicArtist J wrote:

You're getting out very different topics. I'm gonna stay in the topic in hand because if i give you my opinion on something that you mentioned it'll escalate into something else that isn't part of this thread.
you said:
"I suppose you are going to sterilize lesbians so they can't reproduce..." C'mon man, stop being irrational.

But to sum it up...Same ol Circle. You have your beliefs, I have mine. I can't stay here debating all day as I'm at work and can't really type that much. It's a never ending circle. If I tell you that the red ball is red, you'll say it's black. Though I can agree that we disagree.
It must be rather awkward holding these views in the most liberal, atheistic, and gay state in America.  I think you'd fit in a lot better in the rural areas of my state.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Turquoise wrote:

GraphicArtist J wrote:

You're getting out very different topics. I'm gonna stay in the topic in hand because if i give you my opinion on something that you mentioned it'll escalate into something else that isn't part of this thread.
you said:
"I suppose you are going to sterilize lesbians so they can't reproduce..." C'mon man, stop being irrational.

But to sum it up...Same ol Circle. You have your beliefs, I have mine. I can't stay here debating all day as I'm at work and can't really type that much. It's a never ending circle. If I tell you that the red ball is red, you'll say it's black. Though I can agree that we disagree.
It must be rather awkward holding these views in the most liberal, atheistic, and gay state in America.  I think you'd fit in a lot better in the rural areas of my state.
doesn't seem to be so liberal if they're still passing laws like this
extremist religion is a disease that must be eradicated
Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada
What was the final verdict on this?
I heard something about it today on the radio but wasn't paying attention.
­
­
­
­
­
­
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

GraphicArtist J wrote:

you said:

extremist anything is something to be avoided.  Anything is bad if taken too far (far enough).
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6127|So Cal
Extremism Like this?:
http://gatorgop.blogspot.com/2008/11/cr … no-on.html
Watch at 2:30... sad really.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

We are compassionate, tolerant, loving Christians...unless you're gay.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-11-11 11:36:57)

imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

GraphicArtist J wrote:

Extremism Like this?:
Yup, like that too.  I did not draw any lines, or take any sides.  ANY form of extremism is bad, whether it be left or right, religious or atheist.  Extremism brings us to groups like the several terrorist organizations thoughout the world, to some militia movements here in the US, to activist groups that are willing to 'bend' the law to get their voice heard, to the radical polarization of US politics, which shows no signs of moderation.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

'love thy brother... unless he loves you'

And yes all extremism is bad (maybe except extreme generosity / kindness? lulz) but it seems religious extremism has had more of a pronounced effect / command of things. no gay marriage, zero-tolerance for abortion, 9/11...
Turquoise
O Canada

GraphicArtist J wrote:

Extremism Like this?:
How would you react if the government banned heterosexual marriage?

Or let's take it to a different issue...  How would you react if the government took away your 1st or 2nd Amendment rights?
Turquoise
O Canada

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

GraphicArtist J wrote:

you said:

Good points...  I think California has now earned the title of dysfunctional.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

So we must vote to promote a lifestyle which contradicts our values in order to prove we are loving ... riiiiiight.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Stingray24 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

So we must vote to promote a lifestyle which contradicts our values in order to prove we are loving ... riiiiiight.
How are you promoting the lifestyle?  I didn't see a ballot setting a "gay day" or requiring you to promote a lifestyle which contradicts your values.  I am unaware how (for instance) Prop 8 promotes a homosexual lifestyle.  Instead we are voting to promote your (or religious-specific) values over all.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-11-11 15:56:28)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your statement was against Christians voting for prop 8 ... as intolerant and unloving.
Turquoise
O Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

By that same logic, atheists should vote to ban churches.  I may not like Christianity, but I'm not going to keep you from worshipping whoever you want to.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Stingray24 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your statement was against Christians voting for prop 8 ... as intolerant and unloving.
Yes, intolerant to gay people marrying, or more specifically intolerant to the use of the word marriage by same-sex couples.

Prop 8 was proposed/introduced by Christian groups, not same-sex marriage proponents.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard