Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
An ambulance! Hahahahahha. End of joke.

That's what I should've written on my SAT essay, or at least that's what I think after having received my scores.

Hi, I'm Hurricane, although some of you may know me as Hurricat. I took the College Board's Scholastic Aptitude Test in March of 2008. I received a somewhat respectable score, but I wanted to increase this score, especially since I did abysmally on the mathematics section.

I decided to take the SAT again in October of this year. This was a most fatal mistake. I paid the College Board an unknown amount of money and spent four hours of my life taking that examination again. I was certain I would get a higher score than last time, seeing as I did well on the AP English Literature exam (AKA writing) and I had learned more mathematics. I felt more confident with my answers and left less of them blank.

I feel even emptier than I did. My score actually FUCKING WENT DOWN TWENTY POINTS. I WASTED FOUR HOURS OF MY LIFE TO GET A WORSE FUCKING SCORE THAN I DID 7 MONTHS AGO. My math score stayed the exact fucking same! Same with my essay!

tl;dr FUCK the College Board, take the ACT in protest, I should have just written my shitty joke on the essay because either way my score went down.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465
haha faggot.

My score went up 80 points and is now 2000!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

haha faggot.

Yeah but in 20 years you'll be homeless and a meth addict

I just realized though, on my school transcript my US history course isn't designated as an AP course. So the fact that I got a 4 on the AP exam even though (to the colleges) I didn't take an AP course makes me more

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-10-24 14:17:44)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

haha faggot.

I just realized though, on my school transcript my US history course isn't designated as an AP course. So the fact that I got a 4 on the AP exam even though (to the colleges) I didn't take an AP course makes me more
Yeah, but a [insert grade here] on an AP course is vastly moar impressive than the same grade on a non-AP course.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

haha faggot.

Yeah, but a [insert grade here] on an AP course is vastly moar impressive than the same grade on a non-AP course.
Yeah but if they don't accept me into their institutions I'll burn them to the ground

Actually I think the most impressive is not taking the course and getting a 5 on the exam... my friend did that last year with music theory lololol.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-10-24 14:24:27)

Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6293|Bloomington Indiana
i got a 3 on the AP history test like..6 years ago

even though i didnt know one of the essays and just wrote a 3 page story about eli whitney and his rocket powered cotton gin

lulz at american schools.

anyway youre prolly gonna get into the school ya want to with the scores youre talkin about
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

An ambulance! Hahahahahha. End of joke.

That's what I should've written on my SAT essay, or at least that's what I think after having received my scores.

Hi, I'm Hurricane, although some of you may know me as Hurricat. I took the College Board's Scholastic Aptitude Test in March of 2008. I received a somewhat respectable score, but I wanted to increase this score, especially since I did abysmally on the mathematics section.

I decided to take the SAT again in October of this year. This was a most fatal mistake. I paid the College Board an unknown amount of money and spent four hours of my life taking that examination again. I was certain I would get a higher score than last time, seeing as I did well on the AP English Literature exam (AKA writing) and I had learned more mathematics. I felt more confident with my answers and left less of them blank.

I feel even emptier than I did. My score actually FUCKING WENT DOWN TWENTY POINTS. I WASTED FOUR HOURS OF MY LIFE TO GET A WORSE FUCKING SCORE THAN I DID 7 MONTHS AGO. My math score stayed the exact fucking same! Same with my essay!

tl;dr FUCK the College Board, take the ACT in protest, I should have just written my shitty joke on the essay because either way my score went down.
I thought it was already fine for VT the first time...
JoshP
Banned
+176|5686|Notts, UK

Schwarzelungen wrote:

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

I did the same thing when I chose to resit a law paper. Paid another $500-$600 bucks, took the paper again, studied extra hard, did actually GET a higher initial mark but due to "scaling" I ended up getting the same fucking mark as I did the first time. Waste of time, money and most importantly, time and money.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6460|meh-land
one of my mexican friends went from 1560 to 1710, and one of my best friends went from 2060 to 2170

all things being equal, my score should be somewhere between 2100 and 2200, although i'd still consider those aiming low

have fun with your score decrease
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
You haven't taken it yet?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

JoshP wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

yet we still own you.  lulz
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85

usmarine wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

don't jinx it
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6490|Oklahoma City
I only took the SAT once, the spring of my sophomore year, but since I got a 1410 (back when it was out of 1600), I didn't see much need to risk a second try.
(Although I got a better percentile taking the ACT my junior year, so maybe I could have gained a few points)
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen

usmarine wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

of course we still own them

but i am surprised at what one can do here and still graduate with a B average
Flaming_Maniac

Schwarzelungen wrote:

usmarine wrote:

JoshP wrote:

of course we still own them

in some places
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Schwarzelungen wrote:

high school means absolutely jack shit.  so do the SAT's.  they mean nothing for real life at all.  it just helps justify the college scam being perpetuated across the US.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen

usmarine wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

high school means absolutely jack shit.  so do the SAT's.  they mean nothing for real life at all.  it just helps justify the college scam being perpetuated across the US.
high school was a sham.

im talkin about college in this example.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT

usmarine wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

Lol, you should explain this.
Flaming_Maniac

usmarine wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

mmmm sometimes I think the SAT is given power by the kids more so than the system. The competative schools don't value test scores as much because everyone has them. Kids on the other hand are always looking to show their superiority over one another with whatever quantifiable values they can get their hands on, relevance or no.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

nukchebi0 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

college forces people to take useless shit, thus making people pay for more classes.  its a waste.  i have a degree, so what.  i have hired people with degrees and without.  i see no difference between the two nor do i let it influence my decision at all.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT

usmarine wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

college forces people to take useless shit, thus making people pay for more classes.  its a waste.  i have a degree, so what.  i have hired people with degrees and without.  i see no difference between the two nor do i let it influence my decision at all.
Does it? All the ones I'm looking at aren't restrictive like that.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen

usmarine wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

im agreeing with this.
this is my last semester in college and honestly, ive wasted at least half of my time here taking BS classes to get a degree in history.

honestly, a folklore class? intro to using a computer? pffffft
some girl in one of my classes right now didnt know what a primary source was....and she'll probably get a degree too
Flaming_Maniac

nukchebi0 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Does it? All the ones I'm looking at aren't restrictive like that.

they do
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
of course they do,
they like to hide them with crafty words like "prerequisites" so they can make us stay here longer than we need to

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard