God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6342|tropical regions of london
I bet you I know more about international politics than palin, and thats not good. not good at all.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
yeesh people

6 months is a long-ass time...they could hype any number of issues into a "crisis" to prove he was right if they want.

Then if there actually is a crisis he looks like a prophet.

Then if there truly is no crisis, real or manufactured, then everyone is happy because there is no crisis.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Stingray24 wrote:

Why would Biden say this?
Because he has a habit of saying weird things at weird times.  Some people say eccentric, I say borderline senile.
topthrill05
+125|6577|Rochester NY USA
That "Who is more likely to cheat" ad that comes up is fucking creepy.

Anyway, I dunno kinda of a stupid statement but at the same time after Bidens history its not really surprising. But I think he has a point, Iran/Russia issues haven't really gone away but have been hidden amongst the economy story. One could argue that its only a matter of time before these issues come to the forefront again.

Butcompared to the dumb shit Palin says its a mere gaff.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA
Interesting. I can only assume he is trying to draw reference to Kennedy faced with the Cuban Missile Crisis and Obama may face a similar situation???

I'd think if he is talking terrorist attack and a "they" is behind it to test Obama, it would be planned prior to election day. Not to get McCain elected but to cause mass hysteria and martial law and Bush will help us through it. just j/king. but serious.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

No fucking shit?

Is this like, surprising to you? No matter WHO is in office we're going to have a crisis.

Do people not like that Biden is .... -gasp-, telling the truth?
C'mon man. If you support Obama go tell him to sit down for two weeks. He's making the GOP talking points (trust me) with only two weeks left and what seems to be a clear lead. He can only screw it up for him at this point.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality
of course he will face a crisis within 6 months. look what the republicans are giving him as a country. 8 years of bush have f#cked you 7 ways to Sunday.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Then if there truly is no crisis, real or manufactured, then everyone is happy because there is no crisis.
And guess who can take the credit for preventing said crisis?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

And guess who can take the credit for preventing said crisis?
The whole lot of them.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

1. Predict disaster that will not happen
2. Take credit for disaster not happening
3. ????
4. Profit!
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Miggle wrote:

1. Predict disaster that will not happen
2. Take credit for disaster not happening
3. ????
4. Profit!
Like it matters after the election's over...

But, honestly, what do you expect? One thing that has amazed me in the campaign is how disciplined and careful the Democrats have been on their campaign - at least, compared to campaigns past. They were bound for a slip-up.

Last edited by Spark (2008-10-21 00:43:31)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Keep in mind that's Dan Rather and MSNBC. Not exactly Fox news
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JahManRed
wank
+646|6627|IRELAND

I think the key thing he is saying is "engineered crisis" I believe this crisis is an engineered one so he is probably right.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

"They're going to want to test him. "
Xbone Stormsurgezz
topal63
. . .
+533|6717

Kmarion wrote:

Keep in mind that's Dan Rather and MSNBC. Not exactly Fox news :lol:
Wow, know that I hear it in context with his own expressions and emphasis - it is rather a trite statement.

Other people might test him; assuming inexperience; like they did JFK but I have confidence in this man. Earth shattering revelation? No.  But, it seems as though he did state that sentiment in an odd way.
13rin
+977|6478

Stubbee wrote:

of course he will face a crisis within 6 months. look what the republicans are giving him as a country. 8 years of bush have f#cked you 7 ways to Sunday.
What?  I thought that the world was supposed to love us when Obama takes charge?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Stingray24 wrote:

Biden predicts Crysis
https://www.novatek.com.au/userfiles/novaprime/crysis/crysis-1.png

Obama's going to give us those?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
He better give us PCs capable of running them too ...
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

ghettoperson wrote:

OMG 911 part 2!
Unlike in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, I don't believe a new attack would unite the country.  If anything it would segregate it, as the whole inside job thing would go epic viral.  If it was an inside job, I cant imagen they would actually be bold enough to do something like that.  They would get raped for it surely?

I think this was just a stupid comment, and like was said, anything can happen that can be argued to be what biden was talking about. 

I mean if I said, americans are going to die this year.  You could take that I was meaning a war or something.  When in actual fact am only talking about people dying naturally.  Bit of a weird thing to say though, I wonder what his game is :\

Martyn
13rin
+977|6478
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081021/D93V3D280.html

Tested like JFK was?

McCain was there.  Classic.

McCain:  "I was on board the USS Enterprise," McCain, a former naval aviator, said in the capital city of Harrisburg. "I sat in the cockpit, on the flight deck of the USS Enterprise, off of Cuba. I had a target. My friends, you know how close we came to a nuclear war."
https://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/McCain_2008-15.sff_PAMR106_20081021115853.jpg

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-10-21 17:38:16)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon

DBBrinson1 wrote:

And don't even get him started on the battle of Gettysburg or that terrible winter at Valley Forge.

He's old
13rin
+977|6478

Reciprocity wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

And don't even get him started on the battle of Gettysburg or that terrible winter at Valley Forge.

He's old
Age discrimination FTL.  Experience FTW.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

He's old
Dying mid term leaving behind a retarded hockey mom majorly FTL.
13rin
+977|6478

ghettoperson wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

He's old
Dying mid term leaving behind a retarded hockey mom majorly FTL.
Let me borrow your crystal ball sometime.  I broke mine.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6741|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
looking into my Chrystal ball I predict "nibiru / Planet X" will be the crisis!! just like in movie Armageddon the only time a black man can get elected president is when the world is totally fucked!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard