FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

RedTwizzler wrote:

I have it, but I went out of my way to get it, I didn't earn it in legitimate combat. Same as BF2. I just like shiny objects and want them in my profile.
So basically you want to show ppl that you suck even though you might not actually suck ???
The purple heart is a medal of shame :]

Btw i dont have it ^_^
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Rogue_Delta
+6|6455
no, it's impossible to suck that bad. I think that medal is left for everyone who scores highest rank and has all medals/badges/pins at highest level to try something new. By that time simple reflex will be so well trained though that you will never let anyone kill you 4 times for every kill of your own. Purple heart is probably the hardest medal in 2142... LOL
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6645|Canada

Rogue_Delta wrote:

no, it's impossible to suck that bad. I think that medal is left for everyone who scores highest rank and has all medals/badges/pins at highest level to try something new. By that time simple reflex will be so well trained though that you will never let anyone kill you 4 times for every kill of your own. Purple heart is probably the hardest medal in 2142... LOL
If you read many of the posts here, you would see that it is not impossible to get this award. Sorry but not everyone is uber 1337 like you. I have had bad days, I don't have good stats, but I honestly don't care. I've had worst KDRs than the requirements for the purple heart, but I usually don't reach the required amount of kills or deaths.
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6750|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
If you have a bad pc or a really bad team, it's possible to get stuck in the land of spawn raping...you can leave, tail tucked between your legs or you can suck it up, participate, and get nailed...I think I've gotten a purple heart once, and it was like that...I generally give as good as I get, but if they aren't taking the last flag and are sitting just out of the flag, shooting in, it's almost inevitable...If I join a game like that and am stuck on the losing side, I don't simply wimp out...
PluggedValve
+17|6340
I got one.  When i started playing.  Sometimes i start sucking and say ah crap purple heart here i come.  Then i go on a tear and end up with mediocre score.
St.BADSHOT
+6|6246

heggs wrote:

no purple heart. don't plan on getting one either.
What happened, plans changed? j/k But interesting to see how many people posted the same thing, and now have one of their own.
fasty77killa
+2|6527|Omaha NE
i have to admit that i have it in bf2 but do not have it in 2142

got it in bf2 just starting out lol

anyway
Raphi
Banned
+354|6258|Basel, Switzerland
I don't even know how to get one. lol
$kildatank123$
+4|6407|AtlAntIC oCeAn
my first award ever in the battlefield series is a purple heart i have no idea how i do it but i just get awarded it about the second round.
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6294|Malaysia
I'm yet to get one on BF2142

I already got one on BF2...but that was when I first started playing and got spawn camped lol.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6638|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Yes...

I was a noob and i just wanted all the medal possible... so i saw this one saying i have to kill 5 and die 20... so i killed 5 and i was standing there and wait for people to kill me 20 times.... what an idiot !
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
Man, annoying story here.

In my 440 hours of BF2 and (at the time) about 120 hours of 2142, i've NEVER had a purple heart.

A while ago i borrowed a copy of the game from my little brother's friend (they're about 13-14 and i'm 18). I made the Profile 'Spidery_Yoda', like my BF2 profile, on his ea account.

Anyway i had the game for a few months, and then Northern Strike came out so i bought that (it looked good unlike the BF2 Boosterpacks, IMO) and i managed to get to the rank of Field Commissar Silver.

Very shortly afterwards (about a week after i bought Northern Strike), he asked for it back. I didnt really mind about him then getting a free Northern Strike because he did let me borrow the game for so long after all.

Not long after, i bought my own copy of the game, and made my new profile: Spidery, which i had reserved a long time ago in the Veterans Program.

I knew i could keep going on his EA account when he was offline but it wasnt fair on him if i was on when he wanted to go on. So I started all over again.

A day or two later i hear my little brother on the phone to him, and out of kindness i told him: 'Tell Hal he can go on my profile on singleplayer if he likes to try out all my unlocks'. (Hal was a very very low rank - had about 4 unlocks)

Soooooooo. The next day i decided to look at my Spidery_Yoda profile and whaddaya know. Purple Heart. I was shocked.

Speaking to Hal in the next few days i got the impression that he'd taken to using Spidery_Yoda like his own profile, because it had better stuff. And i thought that that just wasnt on. I didnt want him spoiling the profile any more than he already had done - because it was just that, spoiled.

So i deleted it.

Anyhoo, on my new profile i'm a Captain Silver now and i'm going strong. No Purple Heart
ZamoII
+11|6219

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Man, annoying story here.

In my 440 hours of BF2 and (at the time) about 120 hours of 2142, i've NEVER had a purple heart.

A while ago i borrowed a copy of the game from my little brother's friend (they're about 13-14 and i'm 18). I made the Profile 'Spidery_Yoda', like my BF2 profile, on his ea account.

Anyway i had the game for a few months, and then Northern Strike came out so i bought that (it looked good unlike the BF2 Boosterpacks, IMO) and i managed to get to the rank of Field Commissar Silver.

Very shortly afterwards (about a week after i bought Northern Strike), he asked for it back. I didnt really mind about him then getting a free Northern Strike because he did let me borrow the game for so long after all.

Not long after, i bought my own copy of the game, and made my new profile: Spidery, which i had reserved a long time ago in the Veterans Program.

I knew i could keep going on his EA account when he was offline but it wasnt fair on him if i was on when he wanted to go on. So I started all over again.

A day or two later i hear my little brother on the phone to him, and out of kindness i told him: 'Tell Hal he can go on my profile on singleplayer if he likes to try out all my unlocks'. (Hal was a very very low rank - had about 4 unlocks)

Soooooooo. The next day i decided to look at my Spidery_Yoda profile and whaddaya know. Purple Heart. I was shocked.

Speaking to Hal in the next few days i got the impression that he'd taken to using Spidery_Yoda like his own profile, because it had better stuff. And i thought that that just wasnt on. I didnt want him spoiling the profile any more than he already had done - because it was just that, spoiled.

So i deleted it.

Anyhoo, on my new profile i'm a Captain Silver now and i'm going strong. No Purple Heart
ahh man, that sucks. id hit the cunt lol
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6570|United States
I don't have one in 2142 and can say that I never would get it. I did get one in BF2 though. I was completely new to the series with BF2 and inbetween trying to play a game/changing controls, etc. during the game I ended up with one. Had no idea what it was until a long while later.
sroth140
+0|6226
i filled out alot of my awards  case but i'll never get the purple heart.  its just not for me
ea_suck_a_turtle
+3|6612|VA
purple heart was the last award I got. I kept it for last because  I didn't even know if I wanted to get one to complete the award set but I had to in the end. I had to force it also, there is no way I could have gotten one playing normally.

Last edited by ea_suck_a_turtle (2008-10-18 14:26:04)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
I've got several. But I don't take my stats that seriously.
martinez
+5|5980|Worcester, MA
i do check it out.

here
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6487|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I don't. I didn't have the game installed long enough to get on, I think it spent a whole 2 days before it got deleted and trashed.
Rosebudteg
+6|6395|Washington State
Not yet, but I have no clue why.  I wasn't very good in BF2, and I'm terrible at BF2142.

Heck, my OVERALL K : D ratio is below the required .25... As I said, I don't know why I don't have it yet.

Last edited by Rosebudteg (2008-10-21 17:20:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard