max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

Welcome to the team. Have some karma
https://cheapskate.xlschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/tesco-every-little-helps-lo_small.jpg

let it run for a little. Usually most reporting problems fix themselves. Did you download the newest projects? What does the fahlog.txt file say?

Last edited by max (2008-10-02 13:31:07)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6138|New Jersey
Due to my RAM fiasco, I will be down and out for a bit.  I'm trying to fold as much as possible, but sometimes my computer just won't boot.

Damn you menzo, looks like I'll be sacrificing my 2nd place
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6444|Lisburn, NI
Well, it's reporting now, but nothing on the client box ( with progress, name, ETA etc) has changed, still yellow with N/A and 0.00 on the ppd column.

Do you need to complete one project for it to work?

And yeah, i downloaded the newest projects before anything else on FahMon.

I'll let it be overnight and see what happens.

Also, is there any major performance difference when you leave the folding client on overnight on its own, and if you left it on with torrents up?
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6138|New Jersey

ilinear wrote:

Well, it's reporting now, but nothing on the client box ( with progress, name, ETA etc) has changed, still yellow with N/A and 0.00 on the ppd column.

Do you need to complete one project for it to work?

And yeah, i downloaded the newest projects before anything else on FahMon.

I'll let it be overnight and see what happens.

Also, is there any major performance difference when you leave the folding client on overnight on its own, and if you left it on with torrents up?
F@H takes forever to start up in the beginning.  For the CPU client, give it at least several hours to start updating.  If you leave it on overnight and still are at 0.00%, then something is wrong.  Otherwise, give it a chance to get running.

Can't answer your question about torrents, but I have my torrent client running just about 24/7 so now I am also curious.
max
Vela Incident

Concerning fahmon:
You usually need 3% for fahmon to show any progress. This is due to the fact how fahmon monitors the status. Inside fahmon you can press F8 to see your folding logfile. You should see some progress there much quicker.

Concerning torrents:
I notice no difference when using torrents. The hash checks hardly take any CPU power away from FAH. I don't think there are torrent clients that automatically use parity files to check and then unrar content like you have with usenet, so that shouldn't be a problem either. Obviously if you're congesting your internet line with torrent traffic, it will take longer to up/download new work
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6444|Lisburn, NI
Works now, anyway
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/ilinear/FahMon.jpg

Thats WITH leaving around 8 torrents on with it, so very little difference, I'd assume good use of the PC while I'm downloading overnight =p

Any idea how long it takes till I show up on the F@H BF2s roster?

Last edited by ilinear (2008-10-03 00:08:16)

max
Vela Incident

whenever you finish and upload your first work unit. Fahmon estimates it will be finished on the 5th at 3:36am. The official stats site should show your WU almost immediately, all other sites should list you within the next 3 hours
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6444|Lisburn, NI
Gotcha, thanks!
max
Vela Incident

OMG OMG OMG. My [email protected] is doing 6743 ppd on an A2 2669 WU

in sad news, my e5200 is currently doing 1k ppd with the windows smp client
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

max wrote:

My E7200 is making 1700PPD with a GPU client running

Can't wait to see what my 4800+ is gonna make.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
dill13
+67|6192

https://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/dill132007/fold.jpg
yeahz
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6146|Texas

Freezer7Pro wrote:

max wrote:

right now my 4800 is doing ~235 on each core. I'd like to know what yours does though, to compare.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

GGF0RCE wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

max wrote:

right now my 4800 is doing ~235 on each core. I'd like to know what yours does though, to compare.
I'm gonna run SMP, you're running regular. On averege, SMP creates about 3-4 times more PPD than regular.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
max
Vela Incident

GGF0RCE wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

max wrote:

a single core of my 4800+ is doing about 200ppd. Then again even a single core client is bogged down by the GPUs
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

max wrote:

GGF0RCE wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

a single core of my 4800+ is doing about 200ppd. Then again even a single core client is bogged down by the GPUs
Why not SMP? It should keep up.
max
Vela Incident

It doesn't really net me more points. The uniprocessor client is a nice systray one instead of having to deal with yet another SMP one fucking with me
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

max wrote:

It doesn't really net me more points. The uniprocessor client is a nice systray one instead of having to deal with yet another SMP one fucking with me
500-1000PPD may not be all that much, but in your own words:

https://cheapskate.xlschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/tesco-every-little-helps-lo_small.jpg

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-10-10 15:26:18)

max
Vela Incident

Freezer7Pro wrote:

max wrote:

500-1000PPD may not be all that much, but in your own words:

http://cheapskate.xlschool.com/wp-conte … _small.jpg
it's another 100 or so. SMP'ing on a slow core that's overloaded by GPUs doesn't seem to work well.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

My Q9300 @2.5GHz is now doing 1300PPD on a single SMP.

I think that means that I finally got this shit to work?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
max
Vela Incident

indeed
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6597|S.C.
Dabs are finally sending me a new 3870, I bought a 7200GS as a stand-in. It also turns out one of my ballistix sticks had errors (PC2-6400) and they have discontinued it, so they sent me some PC2-8500(wtf!). It won't run in dual channel so I have to buy a new set as well as some better VGA cooling.
max
Vela Incident

Guess I won the race to 2 million points

https://fah-web.stanford.edu/awards/cert.php?u=max&pts=2049643
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

max wrote:

Guess I won the race to 2 million points

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/awards/cert … ts=2049643
Big surprise

gz!
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6597|S.C.
Noice!
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6196|Winland

5-million mark

No certificate yet, though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard