Dauntless wrote:

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

My 14" is better than your 17" tbh
My 17" is better than your 14" tbh
Probably, but I was talkin to freezer

I'll show mine if you show me yours.
These quotes are so gay.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6205|Winland

Dauntless wrote:

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

My 14" is better than your 17" tbh
My 17" is better than your 14" tbh
Probably, but I was talkin to freezer

I'll show mine if you show me yours.
Show it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6750|London

P8400 @ 2.26GHz (1066 fsb), 3GB ram @800MHz, 320GB HDD, 5 USB ports, fingerprint reader etc etc

Last edited by Dauntless (2008-10-08 10:52:53)

https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Benzin
+576|6006
Personally, I think anything larger than 15.4" is a bit silly.

I watch movies in bed rather often on my EEE 900 and it works perfectly fine. I can hold the notebook in one hand and position change is rather easy. Also nice when sitting on the train. Kind of wish I had a touchscreen, though ... but I can't solder, so that mod is out the door. I also like warranties.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

i has 15.4 IBM T42 is it a middlenote?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
a mininote would be ace for uni, then when i get home, transfer all the documents to my base unit to polish it all up
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

FatherTed wrote:

a mininote would be ace for uni, then when i get home, transfer all the documents to my base unit to polish it all up
This.

Do It.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6399|fåking denmark

CapnNismo wrote:

I can hold the notebook in one hand and position change is rather easy.
I can do the same thing with my 17" notebook.
Benzin
+576|6006
But can you hold it at the hinge with an easy grip, walk around and hold the entire notebook with just one hand hanging at your side? Not in a bag, just folded up in your hand and not have to worry about dropping it? I imagine your 17" weighs around 3kg, and that's a bit ungainly to do regularly and easily.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6575|NYC / Hamburg

CapnNismo wrote:

But can you hold it at the hinge with an easy grip, walk around and hold the entire notebook with just one hand hanging at your side? Not in a bag, just folded up in your hand and not have to worry about dropping it? I imagine your 17" weighs around 3kg, and that's a bit ungainly to do regularly and easily.
That's how I go to university most days
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6399|fåking denmark

CapnNismo wrote:

Yes I can do all those things. Quite easy.
Benzin
+576|6006
OK, I am going to take a picture of what I am talking about later and upload it, because I don't think you guys are getting quite what I mean.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
I honestly don't see the point in anything portable bigger than 17"
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6750|London

FatherTed wrote:

I honestly don't see the point in anything portable bigger than 17"
Because you're not a real man unless you do it.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6497|Gogledd Cymru

F-Ted, I was thinking aboot buying a netbook/mininote/FUCKING SMALL LAPTOP for uni too, r u 4 sexes chatz?
Defiance
+438|6679

CapnNismo wrote:

OK, I am going to take a picture of what I am talking about later and upload it, because I don't think you guys are getting quite what I mean.
Hold it with one hand. Ok, you're talking about holding it from the top with no support on the bottom. Bigger laptops are held by grabbing the bottom and having the laptop between your arm and torso.

So, what you're advocating is something that accomplishes the same thing, one handed carrying, with a more stressful grip and is far less secure then holding the bottom. Really, why?

That's not a selling point, that's some arbitrary difference that you point out because it's different, not because it has any actual benefit.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-10-08 19:19:12)

Benzin
+576|6006
Not a more stressful grip at all. But now that you understand what I mean, I guess I don't need to post a photo.
Defiance
+438|6679

CapnNismo wrote:

Not a more stressful grip at all. But now that you understand what I mean, I guess I don't need to post a photo.
The grip seems more stressful to be, though that could very well be subjective.

What I find most important is that there is no direct support on the bottom. Not to mention that holding it that way places most of the stress on your skeleton rather then muscles, 3 kg or just over 6.5 lbs for us yanks isn't too much.

Though, next step up on the preferable scale is some sort of bag. Messenger bag, back pack, you name it. No matter what size, it should go in something unless you're walking across the room or down the hall. Plus it can't be snatched from you as easily, who knows what happens in a crowd on campus.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6344|Oregon
I've have, and am very happy with, a Dell Inspiron E1750. 17 inches, and it feels like a real computer rather than a strange electric picture book.

It's still perfectly portable (anyone who went to high school should be able to handle the weight on their back/shoulder), it's decently powerful... My roommate has a 15 inch Inspiron, and it's just too small for me.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6369|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
surprise!  people like different things
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6447|Brisbane, Australia

ceslayer23 wrote:

surprise!  people like different things
no way!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6422|Finland

what if I like both? Only problem is money and the fact that I don't have enough of it.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Microwave
_
+515|6663|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Why the debate? They both have different purposes. What some people do requires a full size, full power laptop.

For me, going to lectures and browsing the net in cafes only requires a very low spec laptop. Typing documents and viewing webpages doesn't need a large screen or a good spec.....so, it's much easier to carry around a small laptop.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone
PS3 vs xbox360
what is better?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6422|Finland

.Sup wrote:

PS3 vs xbox360
what is better?
none of them?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard