max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

wah1188 wrote:

You guys actually taste the difference in different brands of tea?
I can taste the difference between different types (Darjeeling, Assam, ...) different subtypes and different picks. Good tea is unbranded anyways
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6251|England
Mug
1x twinnings everyday teabag
2x sugars
boiling water
beat the fuck out of bag
add milk
beat the bag some more to get a nice strong cup
remove bag
drink
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

Twinning's English Breakfast Tea
One piece of sugar
One bag.

Boil water really hard
Put tea/sugar in cup
Pour water on the lot
Let cool for a minute or two, stirring.
Drink awesomeness.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

1st flush darjeeling FTW!

No sugar or milk, obviously - that would be a terrible waste.

(if I'm drinking bog standard tea - which is what I drink at work - it's milk and 2 all the way).
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
hmm

Yeah

Yeah I like tea too
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6741|London

Who is that bitch?

I can't believe Father Ted of all people didn't use mrs doyle...

https://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/F/father_ted/pf/images/pictures/2.jpg
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6444|Lisburn, NI
Punjana, Boiled water in the cup, poured very slowly, sits for a few seconds till it's dark, small bit of semi skimmed milk and i'm set

No sugar and no honey unless i have a sore throat, in which case honehhh <3
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

10p and #42 from the machine.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6719|Scotland
Typhoo here.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

Southern Sweet Iced Tea

https://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2162138/iced-tea-pitcher-sm-main_Full.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6597|S.C.
PG tips...mmm I'll go make a cup now.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6423|Canuckistan

heggs wrote:

I LIEK TEE.

I just usually drink it straight, after letting steep for about 5 minutes; I like mine strong. Occasionally I'll have some milk in it with a little sugar or honey, or just honey by itself.
figured

how's the weather in cambridge? ironically its been raining a lot here in toronto as well
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
english tea makes me piss like a racehorse.  in fact after a cup of tea i piss out more than i have drank....so yeah i tend to aviod it.

Although asian tea is awesome and doesnt make me wanna take a slash every 20 minutes.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6446|Boulder, CO
Tea drinker here, black, very strong, no milk or sugar. I generally let it sit for a few minutes before i drink it and i don't mind whether its hot or cold.

Tea, the beverage that built the empire.
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK
...and killed a few million while they were at it.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

SEREMAKER wrote:

Southern Sweet Iced Tea

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Ar … n_Full.jpg
fuck yes
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
Any tea is good tea
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

I like chai teas, and mint teas. This is great:
https://img.thefind.com/images/TgCzqT7JM41hGsOBSAaGtPz8lPjEvJT48sy8VIaMkpICK3398vJyvcTk1LLMksTczDy95PxcfRcfT19Hd9dgfQMjcwNDCwNLS2MzS72sgnQGAA**?m=1&amp;g=2
^With milk and a bit of honey.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
m3thod
+2,197|6670|UK

Im_Dooomed wrote:

I like chai teas, and mint teas. This is great:
http://img.thefind.com/images/TgCzqT7JM … =1&g=2
^With milk and a bit of honey.
That product is essentially called tea tea.

chai is urdu/hindi for tea.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6462|Tyne & Wear, England
Never used to, but I'm starting to like tea.  Tea is refreshing and delicious.  Coffee on the other hand is vile and reminds me of getting shouted at by teachers.

Two bags Twinings, milk, no sugar.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
A12345
+77|6469
ill drink it when im sick but thats it

ginger tea - throw some ginger root in a pot

cinnamon tea - throw some cinnamon sticks in a pot

mint tea - throw some mint leaves in a pot

add agave nectar to taste

add bourbon to drunkenness
Lai
+186|6150
Well, what I usually do:

1. Boil water
2. Let the water cool down
(2.1/2. optional: add citrus zests as described below and/or mintleaves and/or cardamon when using Arabic teas)
3. Add tealeaves, unbagged so they can move freely (you can also put them in a special teabag, it's more of a personal preferance)
4. Wait
5. Stir (n00bs often think this barbaric, but it IS required)
6. Pour using a sieve

I prefer Lady Grey, though some brand's recipes are much better than others and not always called "Lady Grey". I'm trying to import Thé Ruschka from Les Mariage Frères, but it is very very difficult to come by here in Holland. I've got an adress in The Hague from a Pattisier which I visited to buy imported cacao, but they don't seem to be selling it at the adress anymore either. The Dutch are barbarians regarding flavours, so the tea didn't sell because it was too expensive. I've tried in Bourges as well and emailed a little shop above Gant in Belgium, but no succes, so my only option is Paris

To make one of the finest teas yourself:

1. Boil spring or dune water, in a kettle, on charcoals

2. Add citrus zests, now this is difficult: you have to cut flakes of the zests. Too big and they will not properly emit theit flavour, too small and some unwanted flavours may be released, or worse non at all because they've left before they've entered the kettle. Too thin and they won't contain any flavours, too thick and the tea WILL be bitter. Try cutting them 1cmx2cm and as thick as possible without any dot of white of the lower zest showing, and you should be fine. You should use lemons and if possible oranges, limes and mineolas are optional and grapefruit should only be added with care if you chose to add it at all.

3. Add some fresh bergamot leaves, don't overdo it; it will be suited for a Lady not an Earl!

4. Let the water cool down, it must not boil! It must be no warmer than 93 degrees celsius and no colder than 92.

5. Add a Royal First Flush Darjeeling from a good brand like Les Mariage Frères! They always say about 10 grams to a liter, but that's for pussies. However Darjeeling (unflavoured) should be amber coloured and is delicate, so I'd suggest 15 grams to a liter.

6. Add some cornflower petals. Any will do, but preferably use blue ones imported from Estonia.

7. Let it sit. Watch the colour, no time indication needed, it's done when it's done! (The colour will be slightly off from unflavoured Darjeeling though, depending on what ingredients you added,.. memorize!)

8. Stir with a rod or a spoon that leaves no taste, so no silver PLATED crap! Hardwood will do.

9. Pour through a sieve (again one that leaves no taste, so no plastic) in a porcelain tea cup. Tea cups ass oposed to coffe cups are thinner and broader allowing for the tea to cool down faster.

10. Add (cane) sugar or whatever you desire for sweetener if you do at all, except artificial crap like aspartane sweeteners.

11. NEVER add milk, not even fresh raw milk; you've added citrus zests and milk neutralizes, you'll ruin everything.

12. Serve the lady first, then sit back and enjoy. Make sure Corelli isn't too loud, you don't want to have a lady to shout when conversing about the garden.

Finally some tips for newbies:

1. While black teas require the water to be 93-92 degrees, that temperature will kill any greens. Do you hate greens because they are always bitter? It's because of the temperature; such a high temperature releases some unwanted substances form the unfermented leaves as well, which will make the tea taste bitter. For green teas (and whites) the water should be 72-73.

2. Red tea isn't tea, it is composed of the needles of a sub-Saharan African mountain shrub, which is why it's shit! (ok, that was subjective)

3. Mint, Camilla etc. aren't teas either, but they have their uses.

4. Never buy "flavoured" teas like strawberry+blueberry or melon, they are all the same with cheap additives.

5. Do NOT buy teabags. While the choice between using a bag or not may be arbitrary, the fact is that when you buy them bagged, you can't properly see what you are buying. As a consequence, knowing this, most so called supermarkt A-brands subsequently stuff them with leftover powder. It's the same as the do in Africa, except the other way around: export the fish filet and save the bones for the poor locals.

6. It's no Myth, Brittish tea IS excellent even though Les Mariage Frères is French and the Brits ARE horrible cooks. You wouldn't say so perhaps, but the second (black-)tea nation is probably Russia. Don't worry, the cheap illegal (absolutely fabuleous) cognac goes in the coffee, not the tea.

7. Did you know that becoming a Japanese tea master require four years of education in a semi monastic institution?

Last edited by Lai (2008-10-09 02:17:27)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

m3thod wrote:

chai is urdu/hindi for tea.
o rite, and its good. I believe i read that on this box:

https://www.celestialseasonings.com/images/products/chai-teas/sweet-coconut-thai-decaf-med.jpg
^Also pretty tasty
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon
is it true iced tea is an american thing?  as in, wtf did you do to the tea, urdoingitwrong?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6518|Πάϊ
i like tea in almost any form

prefer black though

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Φρεντουα Γλυκουα FTW
lol guess we two are not your usual Greeks eh...
ƒ³

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard